Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M

I really don't appreciate some of the antics by some of the Occupy protesters. But people have to admit to the fact that they have raised the awareness of the very real wealth/income inequality in this country.
I hear/see more discussions about the subject than I can ever remember and it's not just the press, people are talking about it too.
The American consumer driven economy can't survive the income/wealth inequality! Without the working a strong working Middle Class, exactly who will or what will drive the US economy? As the Middle Class has weakened, so has America's economic stability.
So I say to the Occupy movement,,,,,keep it up, but how about behaving yourselves!

Once again democrats er anarchists are ignorant to economics..

Funny how a bunch of retards who cant take care of themselves claim they have the best ideas...

Does that mean that they'll have to pass a tax increase to pay for the costs of the Occupy protests? :)

Don't give 'em any ideas...I prefer the leash holders like Watermelon boy (Van Jones), George Soros, and the Unions pay for thier misdeeds in corrupting them. And make it payable on demand. :eusa_shhh:
You must have been a....

....in a previous Life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyJtBl0-w4]The Battle of Blair Mountain Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]​

Mr. Shaman, I bet you have a pony tail and "soul patch" dont you?

Complaints about millions of dollars, but no complaints about the untold amounts of money that wall street has cost the country. Tsk tsk.

Last time I checked Wall Street makes me money...in

My Ira Account
My 401 k plan
My life insurance policy.
My online brokerage account.
My online brokerage savings account.
My Savings account that I have with my bank.
Soooooooooooooo......you're one o' those people who needs tax-cuts, huh......'cause you work, so haaaarrrrd, for your money.....right?

handjob.gif

Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M
Fine.

End the....

....ALL of them....NOW.​

Maybe I'm wrong.....

But the Bush tax cuts were federal tax cuts.

And local cities operate off local city and state taxes.

So the Bush tax cuts wouldn't affect the overtime that local cities pay cops, which comes from local property and sales tax.

Dumbass.
What.....you think OWS is all about LOCAL-economics????!!!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid fuckin' Teabagger.

During the first two months of the nationwide Occupy protests, the movement that is demanding more out of the wealthiest Americans cost local taxpayers at least $13 million in police overtime and other municipal services, according to a survey by The Associated Press.

The heaviest financial burden has fallen upon law enforcement agencies tasked with monitoring marches and evicting protesters from outdoor camps. And the steepest costs by far piled up in New York City and Oakland, Calif., where police clashed with protesters on several occasions.

The AP gathered figures from government agencies in 18 cities with active protests and focused on costs through Nov. 15, the day protesters were evicted from New York City's Zuccotti Park, where the protests began Sept. 17 before spreading nationwide. The survey did not attempt to tally the price of all protests but provides a glimpse of costs to cities large and small.

Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M - Yahoo! News

Wow.The right to assemble in public is clearly too expensive. You're right, we should repeal the 1st amendment.

Ok, so how much money did the bank bailouts cost? How much did the Fed let out the back door to bailout foreign banks? TRILLIONS. B) So the police have spent money on teargas to spray at non-violent, non-resisting protesters, boo-hoo. Guess what, plenty of those protesters are tax-payers (at least the ones who didn't lose their jobs to our current recession) so the money being spent to violently repress them is as much theirs as anybody's. The tea-party never had to deal with police brutality because the tea-party never was a threat to the power structure or the status quo. No police crack-down, no cost to the tax payers. If the cities don't want to spend money on the protests all they have to do is tell the police to back off. Why do we need a military response to peaceful protests in our own country? Because 1% of the population owns the cops, just like they own most everything else. By the way, check out the Congressional Budget Office website for the report titled "Trends in Household Income Distribution from 1979 to 2007" to see the numbers that support the Occupy movements claims.

Anyone who thinks that violent force is needed to "deal" with the Occupy protesters has never been to any of the Occupies, obviously. Someone suggested ticketing protesters for litter and loitering...fine, just leave the batons and the teargas out of it. I'm sure the protesters would much prefer the tickets. They are standing up for YOUR right to assemble and protest too, though you may not realize it.
Seriously.....Teabaggers, assembling & protesting.....rather than sitting on their fat-asses....listening to Glenn Beck and/or Porky Limbaugh???

323.png

Surely, you jest.

teabagger.jpg

spell%20check%20for%20teabaggers.jpg

520.gif

Last edited:
Fine.

.​

What.....you think OWS is all about LOCAL-economics????!!!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid fuckin' Teabagger.

Me the dumbass?

You're the one who blamed the "Bush Tax Cuts" for local police depts struggling with overtime pay.

Bush tax cuts: Federal taxes to fund federal budget.

Local police: Funded by local taxes to local city budget.

Dumbass.

You're just so obsessed with the BTC's that you blame everything on them. Hey genius: The local police dept runs off local sales and property taxes, not the taxes that Richy Rich pays to Uncle Sam in Washington DC. PD' budgets are only affected by tax cuts if the city or state pass tax cuts, and Bush couldnt set tax rates for a city or state government.

Despite popular leftist belief, George W. Bush is A) No longer in office B) Not able to cause every hardship known to man.​

The tea-party never had to deal with police brutality because the tea-party never was a threat to the power structure or the status quo. No police crack-down, no cost to the tax payers. .

Really? Seriously dude, you think that?

Tea Party: Wants lower taxes. Translation: LESS money going to the power structure.

OWS: Wants higher taxes Translation: MORE money going to the power structure.

The TP didn't get pepper sprayed or arrested because:

- The didn't trespass
- They left legal areas when asked to
- They cleaned up
- They didn't obstruct traffic or business
- They didnt throw shit at cops
- They didnt rape or assault each other

They WERE loud. They were pissed.
....As-long-as they could do it from a super-reinforced lawn-chair.

teabagger.jpg

I think this is their cheerleading-squad.

Last edited:
I really don't appreciate some of the antics by some of the Occupy protesters. But people have to admit to the fact that they have raised the awareness of the very real wealth/income inequality in this country.
I hear/see more discussions about the subject than I can ever remember and it's not just the press, people are talking about it too.
The American consumer driven economy can't survive the income/wealth inequality! Without the working a strong working Middle Class, exactly who will or what will drive the US economy? As the Middle Class has weakened, so has America's economic stability.
So I say to the Occupy movement,,,,,keep it up, but how about behaving yourselves!

Funny how a bunch of retards who cant take care of themselves claim they have the best ideas...

boehner-3.jpg

DUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Last edited:
things cost money, So what?

Free speech sucks huh?

iN LESS THEN A MONTH THEY COST OUR DEPT OVER A HALF MILLION DOLLARS AND THEY DONT HAVE A FUCKING PURPOSE.

So you are going to pick up the tab? No you expect others to do that.

Mr. Shaman, I bet you have a pony tail and "soul patch" dont you?
"soul patch"???????

323.png

I was 18-years-old in......

e00570d17a1fe3dcad7dabff3ebAbbie-Hoffman-232x300.jpg

You're all a bunch o' fuckin'
AMATEURS!!!!!!!

You are talking to the OWS, right? Compared to you, they probably are amateurs. You are probably capable of more destruction occupying police time than they are.

Free speech sucks huh?

iN LESS THEN A MONTH THEY COST OUR DEPT OVER A HALF MILLION DOLLARS AND THEY DONT HAVE A FUCKING PURPOSE.

So you are going to pick up the tab? No you expect others to do that.

No, they just don't have a purpose you happen to agree with. They are protesting as is their 1st Amendment right.

What do you propose to do, stifle free speech because it turns out to be not so "free" after all?

By the way, most of the occupy protesters are employed and pay taxes.

Polling the Occupy Wall Street Crowd

Free speech sucks huh?

Thankfully for the rest of us, assholes like Plasma here exist amongst the fringe of society and will spend their lives in the land of irrelevant. They've never owned shit in their lives and the definition of responsibility to them is getting to the shitter in time to not poop their pants.......maybe paying off their iPhone bill. And lets call spades, spades. The rest of us love beating up on fringe jackasses who dont get it, and I might add that "the rest of us" is a huge majority. The fringe jackasses across the country who live in places like Scratchmyassville USA and Bumfook USA are out there sitting in front of their PC's thinking you have some dominant movement going on down here on Wall Street. New Yorkers view these meatheads as complete jackasses and in the same vain as the city crackheads and homeless. People just taking up space and fcukking things up for normal people. To the average New Yorker, a crowd of typical OWS assholes holds about as much relavance as if a tribe of African pygmies whent down to Wall Steet to do a protest...........

MagoDSC_1455nelikkosmall.jpg

fringe is gay............assholes................

Last edited:

Forum List

Back