For Those few OWS supporters that Don't KNOW HOW OWS appears to MOST Americans!

What do the OWS Protesters want? I ask this question all the time and all i get in response is vague angry rants about "Evil Business." If your goal is to steal from fellow Citizens just because you're unhappy wth your life,then most Citizens are just going to get pissed off at you. No one is entitled to others' income & property. No one is owed anything. So far i'm just seeing too much of that entitlement mentality at these protests. OWS needs to tell us what they want. Then maybe more can support them.

I don't get the feeling there is a consensus of what they want.

One thing is for sure, the protests have moved around the country and they are not going to go away soon.

Do you think the Bush tax cuts will be renewed with protestors in the street?

That's a start

Despite what they want, it is refreshing to see young people out from behind the computer screen and attempting to do something politically. The Conservatives would rather see them behind the computer screen.

Corporations love and promote OWS, and I can prove it.

They hyped Black Friday until they had people(protesters) camping (occupying) out in front of their stores (Wall Street)for days. When the fever pitch was right they opened the doors and the anticipated violence ensued. The security guards committed violence, the customers commited violence, and the Corporations went from the Red to the Black. Violence doesn't matter when you make a profit, but it does when it prevents you from making a profit.

But I suppose no one will try to shut down Black Friday as they are doing the OWS protesters. How about pepper spraying the CEO's of these companies and hauling them off to jail when they refuse to stop the annual Black Friday shopping riots? They get worse and worse every year. American hypocracy at it's finest. Money and profit over decency and morality.:(

After you pull your head from your ass, you might realize the ceo's are not inciting violence.

your right the policies they put in place do. They pour the gas and supply the matches, but you are right they don't set the fire.

Sorry doesnt fly. You wishing it were the case to support your hate is quite laughable.

Post up with those policies that incite violence.

What do the OWS Protesters want? I ask this question all the time and all i get in response is vague angry rants about "Evil Business." If your goal is to steal from fellow Citizens just because you're unhappy wth your life,then most Citizens are just going to get pissed off at you. No one is entitled to others' income & property. No one is owed anything. So far i'm just seeing too much of that entitlement mentality at these protests. OWS needs to tell us what they want. Then maybe more can support them.

One thing is for sure, the protests have moved around the country and they are not going to go away soon.

That's a start

Well they haven't said that's what they want so i'm not sure. They just don't have a clear message. There are also way too many Anti-American/Business Communist and Anarchist groups protesting with them. That definitely turns off most Americans. If it's all about stealing from others just because you've failed in life,it's not a cause worth supporting for most.

I don't think anyone has advocated stealing

The message is more......if the 1% are continuing to do so well, why are we bending over backwards to help them out?

Or the difference between protestors who are dedicated to their cause and those who do it as a Sunday outing

Well, we have this working and supporting ourselves thing that kinda impedes the ability to hang out 24/7 in a park.

So....those who are working now are not out there protesting about a lack of jobs?

Seems to be no shortage of those out there protesting

Yeah, I heard some dipshit with a gazillion $$ of student loans and a masters in Latin Studies complaining about not getting a job. What asshat borrows all that money to get a worthless degree?

This "movement" is fading and fading fast.... nobody gives a shit.... it was at least fun to watch for a while, now, who gives a shit.

The tea party whines and whines and whines about changing America for the better, they have stopped jobs bills, and whined some more, they have contributed nothing to America, but we knew that. All their whining has accomplished nothing more than making the nation stand still while other nations move forward. Did I mention they whine alot. Useless bunch the tea party. If OWS makes America a bit more aware of our inequalities they will have accomplished more than the whiners who so far have only stood in the way of American values.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...1-to-occur-again-911-times-2.html#post4439419

What does the OWS movement hope for and what are they working for, from listening and from some personal thought, the following items seem key.

Eliminate / Legislate away Citizens United - It makes democracy a sham.
Regulate Wall Street - bring back Glass Steagall and add derivative regulation.
Weaken or eliminate Patriot Act - useless and un-American.
Pass a jobs bill to rebuild America's infrastructure.
Reduce wasteful military presence in Europe and reduce useless weapons development.
Support Education with money and not just talk. Make education more important than sports in America.
Protect the vulnerable in our society, children and the elderly.
Make sure Congress is under the same laws that put Martha Stewart in jail.

**** While considering the above list I received the information below in an email. Check it out. Makes sense to me. ****

"Americans across the country have spoken up. We’re sick and tired of a country that only works for the 1%. It’s time to bring the corporate agenda to an end, and it starts with these demands—common-sense policies that would restore the balance for the 99%.

Yeah, I heard some dipshit with a gazillion $$ of student loans and a masters in Latin Studies complaining about not getting a job. What asshat borrows all that money to get a worthless degree?

Any and all degrees are useless if there are no jobs. That should be obvious and check too the degrees of the top execs and you'll find every kind of degree. That argument is irrelevant and that it is still mentioned just amazing.
_

Last edited:

That's a start

Well they haven't said that's what they want so i'm not sure. They just don't have a clear message. There are also way too many Anti-American/Business Communist and Anarchist groups protesting with them. That definitely turns off most Americans. If it's all about stealing from others just because you've failed in life,it's not a cause worth supporting for most.

The message is more......if the 1% are continuing to do so well, why are we bending over backwards to help them out?

Not only that... but why do they keep demanding more and more breaks at the expense of us? I guess that's NOT stealing...only when THEY pay is it stealing.

Well, we have this working and supporting ourselves thing that kinda impedes the ability to hang out 24/7 in a park.

So....those who are working now are not out there protesting about a lack of jobs?

Seems to be no shortage of those out there protesting

This "movement" is fading and fading fast.... nobody gives a shit.... it was at least fun to watch for a while, now, who gives a shit.

Yeah, and I heard about some dipshit poster who takes one extreme example and applies it to the whole movement.

Cynics have pointed out that Bloomberg's eviction of OWS protesters came on the eve of release of poll information that shows declining support for the movement. And it's true: last month, 35% of respondents favored OWS and 36% opposed it; now, only 33% support and 45% oppose OWS – according to the results of an automated poll by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic firm. By PPP's comparison, the Tea Party scores higher on support, at 42%, but rates similar on opposition.

Is this a reflection of growing disillusionment with the Occupy movement, or a rejection of the protesters' critique of corporate capitalism? I'm not sure it is. Asked last month which movement they have a higher opinion of, respondents preferred OWS 43-37%; now, they prefer the Tea Party 40-37%. But what looks like a neat flip – which could be spun as a switch of allegiance – from last month is still essentially a statistical tie.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/ana-marie-cox-blog/2011/nov/16/has-ows-popularity-peaked

Last edited:
Hey, Dave I need to correct you.

If you go back and look at the 8th post of this thread you will see that I supported no such thing. You must have skipped right over that in your zeal to write your rebuttle.:eusa_shhh:
And yet, oddly, there are those on the left who do believe that dichotomy.

I do not hold you as speaker of the entire conservative left. Please do not hold me as speaker of the entire left.

Again, oddly, other people than you read the exchange between us.

Corporations love and promote OWS, and I can prove it.

They hyped Black Friday until they had people(protesters) camping (occupying) out in front of their stores (Wall Street)for days. When the fever pitch was right they opened the doors and the anticipated violence ensued. The security guards committed violence, the customers commited violence, and the Corporations went from the Red to the Black. Violence doesn't matter when you make a profit, but it does when it prevents you from making a profit.

But I suppose no one will try to shut down Black Friday as they are doing the OWS protesters. How about pepper spraying the CEO's of these companies and hauling them off to jail when they refuse to stop the annual Black Friday shopping riots? They get worse and worse every year. American hypocracy at it's finest. Money and profit over decency and morality.:(
Anyone who supports people shitting in the street really isn't supporting decency and morality.
Much less deficating on the flag.
While abhorrent to me, I support their right to do so...mostly because it identifies America-hating assholes.

Anyone who supports people shitting in the street really isn't supporting decency and morality.

When people live in the streets, that's where they shit. What do you want to do, give them free toilets and toilet paper?
I don't want to give them a damn thing. I want them to take a shower and get a job.

That's their whole problem. They think they deserve things they haven't earned.

I love how the right compares OWS to Tea Baggers

The Tea Baggers were a tool of Fox News. They formed when Fox told them to, they showed up where Fox told them to and left as soon as the cameras turned off

But hey.......they were very clean

They still are... and there is no comparison between OWS and the Tea Party.... other than the obvious comparison between Marxists and Capitalists.

Or the difference between protestors who are dedicated to their cause and those who do it as a Sunday outing

That's because TEA Party protesters had jobs and were contributing to society.

That's a start

Despite what they want, it is refreshing to see young people out from behind the computer screen and attempting to do something politically. The Conservatives would rather see them behind the computer screen.
No, we'd rather see them working and contributing to society, not useless soaking up resources.

That's a start

No, we'd rather see them working and contributing to society, not useless soaking up resources.
And stinking up wherever they occupy...making Taxpayers clean up thier messes.

Not only that... but why do they keep demanding more and more breaks at the expense of us? I guess that's NOT stealing...only when THEY pay is it stealing.
Wait -- are you talking about OWS?

And stinking up wherever they occupy...making Taxpayers clean up thier messes.

Spoiled children, the lot of 'em.

They still are... and there is no comparison between OWS and the Tea Party.... other than the obvious comparison between Marxists and Capitalists.

That's because TEA Party protesters had jobs and were contributing to society.

Where in the constitution does it say you have to have a job to protest?

Tea Baggers went home as soon as the cameras turned off or Fox News told them they weren't needed anymore

Forum List

Back