New York City to Pay Occupy Protesters $100,000

All these long winded posts are stupid. And you lefties defending this garbage are the problem with our nation.

Your taxes go up, your insurance rates go up, medical costs go up, consumer peoduct pricing go up.

All so some fucking low lifes can get a free fucking ride through the court systems.

What a fucking joke. They don't take any responsibility for their poor decisions and you morons enable them. Then to top it off you bitch about lawyers and high insurance premiums.

Morons, the lot of ya

It's the republicans who are always whining about lawyers and wanting tort reform.

Last edited:
You helped organize the radical leftists...now you complain about them? You must be bipolar

I'm a John Locke Libertarian and Strict Constitutionalist. I utterly hate and despise both parties.

When Democrats and Republicans argue, this is what I hear:

Democrat - Our form of Authoritarianism, our beloved Communism, is superior to the Republicans.

Republican - Our form of Authoritarianism, our beloved Fascism, is superior to the Democrats.

Democrat - Pay no heed! I will disparage the rights of the Republicans and create more rights for the Democrats!

Republican - Nonsense, I will deny the rights of the Democrats and manufacture more rights for the Republicans to adhere to!

Libertarian - Did these guys ever read the Ninth Amendment?

politicalgraphs1.png

The only difference between Democrats and Republicans, in reality, is which brand of Marxism they practice, Democrats want State Property, Republicans want Keynesian economics. Their philosophies often agree too, you know, Bailouts, welfare for the corporations, rewarding them for failure.

Looking at that graph, are both parties plagued by Fanaticism? Yep!

Looking at that graph, are both parties plagued by Statism (legal rights)? Yep!

Looking at that graph, are both parties plagued by Authoritarianism (privileged classes)? Yep!

In fact, if the Republican Party didn't have a substantial base of Free Market thinkers, I'd declare them complete Interventionalist Marxists, and thus Communists, instead of Fascists.

Combine them both under the Communist label, and what's the difference between the parties? They compete for which class of citizens will be privileged and which class of citizens will be disparaged.

Last edited:
You helped organize the radical leftists...now you complain about them? You must be bipolar

I'm a John Locke Libertarian and Strict Constitutionalist. I utterly hate and despise both parties.

When Democrats and Republicans argue, this is what I hear:

Democrat - Our form of Authoritarianism, our beloved Communism, is superior to the Republicans.

Republican - Our form of Authoritarianism, our beloved Fascism, is superior to the Democrats.

Democrat - Pay no heed! I will disparage the rights of the Republicans and create more rights for the Democrats!

Republican - Nonsense, I will deny the rights of the Democrats and manufacture more rights for the Republicans to adhere to!

Libertarian - Did these guys ever read the Ninth Amendment?

politicalgraphs1.png

You're part of the problem, you voted for one of the most radical presidents in American history, now you cry about him, you have no credibility here

Unbelievable! These SQUATTERS were breaking the law. They unlawfully unoccupied areas that required a permit and a payment of a fee.

Imagine of Tea Partiers did that. I mean tea parties always obtain permits and pay hefty fees to hold their rallies. On top of that they don't destroy the areas, don't vandalize the neighboring property, don't rape women at their functions and provide for their own security. OWS destroyed the areas they occupied, countless charges of rape were filed, the vandalized neighboring property, and they cost the city TENS of $1000s in police and other fees!

There was some money behind the tea party. The buses and the meetings were financed and organized by the protesters?

Tea Party Funding Koch Brothers Emerge From Anonymity - Peter Fenn (usnews.com)

Powerful Tea Party Group's Internal Docs Leak?Read Them Here | Mother Jones

Big Tobacco's Tea Party Ties Exposed | Politics News | Rolling Stone

You're part of the problem, you voted for one of the most radical presidents in American history, now you cry about him, you have no credibility here

You're just like the Progressive and Communists here, you present no logical counter arguments.

You wrap yourself in the Constitution, just like the Progressives, and attack the Constitution.

Progressive sees 2nd Amendment, starts attacking.

You see the 1st Amendment, start attacking.

What does this mean to you (bold print in particular):

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last edited:
the thugs that stole there stuff were other OWS members .:doubt:
Oh, Judge Yidnar, 2am adheres to only the three-in-one policy where OWS is concerned, you know: see no, hear no, speak no evil of OWS. :eusa_shhh:

The worst evil that anyone has shown us (of OWS) was using profanity. Here's the proof that ya'll managed to produce so far:

Link 1
In your first link, Nanny Bloomberg, the Authoritarian-in-Chief is complaining and reacting to things that "might happen." There's not a single mention of a crime.

Let me now check your other links.

Link 2
Your second link, the WORST crime were protestors using profanity! AND THE POLICE COMMITTED POLICE BRUTALITY!

"Though it is still unclear how U.S. Marine Scott Olson received the injury, Veterans for Peace, the group he attended the protest with, said that Olson was “shot in the head with a police projectile while peacefully participating in the Occupy Oakland march.”

Several people were arrested as police unsuccessfully tried to keep protestors on sidewalks. Officers were able to keep demonstrators from marching across the Brooklyn Bridge. Protestors removed rope lines which police had set up, and eventually the cops allowed them to march and they left the scene. " There is such a thing as community policing, where people do respond. They actually used profanity.”

Your second link is epic fail, did you read your own links?

Link 3
I can't see this link since I'm not subscribed. However I assume it is the same as link 4.

Link 4:
“The police gave me a summons for impeding the pedestrian traffic - with my butterfly wings,” said Halasa. “So very dangerous -- butterfly.”

Impeding traffic is the worst crime mentioned.

Overall, the worst crime committed by Occupy Wall Street Protestors in New York was PROFANITY LOLOLOLOL

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, my! 2am has to yell in red. :lmao:

If your buds had pooped on a squad car here, someone would have grabbed them by the nape of the neck and rubbed their faces in it.

If your buds had pooped on a squad car here, someone would have grabbed them by the nape of the neck and rubbed their faces in it.

You have yet to present any "great evils" that OWS protestors committed in New York, beyond impeding traffic and using swear words --- because impeding traffic and swearing are great evils!

You have yet to present any "great evils" that OWS protestors committed in New York, beyond impeding traffic and using swear words --- because impeding traffic and swearing are great evils!

Rape, filth, violence, property damage. Shall I go on? You must be proud

Sorry, 2am, I'm not going there. It's actually as evil to make babies on streets with casual strangers as it is to extinguish them instead of using birth control.

Disrespect for the rule of law is the bellweather of OWS. Paying them because they got their wittle feewings hurt is soooooooooo pathetic.

vomito, vomita, vomitus!

All these long winded posts are stupid. And you lefties defending this garbage are the problem with our nation.

Your taxes go up, your insurance rates go up, medical costs go up, consumer peoduct pricing go up.

All so some fucking low lifes can get a free fucking ride through the court systems.

What a fucking joke. They don't take any responsibility for their poor decisions and you morons enable them. Then to top it off you bitch about lawyers and high insurance premiums.

Morons, the lot of ya

It's the republicans who are always whining about lawyers and wanting tort reform.

Yes we want tort reform to protect the public from frivolous bullshit like this.

They lost a few paperback books, big fucking deal. Or maybe they're just pissed their bongs got smashed in the raid.

Fucking losers and you gonna side with them?

This of course doesn't include all the additional costs to the city from these nutjobs. Cities around the country for that matter.:cuckoo:

c4874ba2-d683-4fba-859a-28434436c5d2jpg.jpg

New York City has agreed to pay Occupy Wall Street protesters more than $100,000 for property damaged or lost when police cleared out their encampment in a downtown Manhattan park in 2011, according to court documents signed on Tuesday.

The settlement includes $47,000 for books and library equipment lost or damaged in the raid on Zuccotti Park, where the protesters, campaigning against economic inequality, had camped for nearly two months, setting up tents and a ramshackle library.

Hundreds of books were damaged, and more than 2,000 books were never returned after police raided the park early on November 15, 2011, said Norman Siegel, an attorney for the protesters.

Brookfield Office Properties, named in the protesters' federal lawsuit as owner of Zuccotti Park, will reimburse the city one third of the $47,000 in library damages, the documents said.

The city also agreed to settle two related federal lawsuits by paying the protesters $75,000 for lost or damaged computers and network and broadcasting equipment, and $8,500 to an environmental group for 16 lost or damaged "energy bicycles" used as power generators at the park, the documents said.

The lawsuits were filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

In the raid, police arrested more than a hundred protesters and dismantled the encampment, which city officials said had become a health and fire safety hazard.

The encampment had been most visible fixture of the Occupy Wall Street movement, which inspired similar protests in dozens of cities across the United States and around the world.

New York City to Pay Occupy Protesters for Damaged Property

The protesters did plenty of damage themselves. Will all the feces they left everywhere and the garbage piled up, I think the cost of clean up and any damages should be deducted from the money. Seriously, I don't think they deserve the money to begin with. Had they obeyed police and left quietly, they could have taken their belongings with them.

Hundreds of books were damaged, and more than 2,000 books were never returned after police raided the park early on November 15, 2011, said Norman Siegel, an attorney for the protesters.

I doubt those books were for reading. They needed to get their fire fuel and toilet paper from somewhere.

Morons, the lot of ya

Sorry, what?

These folks were peaceably protesting something they had an issue with. The Tea Partiers did the exact same thing.

And I fully support the right of both groups to do EXACTLY that.

Forum List

Back