Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M

Complaints about millions of dollars, but no complaints about the untold amounts of money that wall street has cost the country. Tsk tsk.

Last time I checked Wall Street makes me money...in

My Ira Account
My 401 k plan
My life insurance policy.
My online brokerage account.
My online brokerage savings account.
My Savings account that I have with my bank.

Wow what a bunch of scumbags.... :lol:

You ARE the country my friend. You alone, are the epitome of America.

things cost money, So what?

Free speech sucks huh?

Yep & those little farts want the rest of us to pay for it!

The other side of the coin is those jackasses are'nt saying anything worth listening to. They are just out there acting like a bunch of drum banging idiots!

Im ready for the police to start cracking skulls! Forget about the pepper spray.... lets introduce them to Obamacare first hand :evil:

Put a few of them in comas and let the state pull the plug.... lets let them see the death panels in action.

Yep! Those little farts want you to pay for it!

Yet! Those big fat elitist who caused it want you to forget about them!
I'm ready for the people to protest forever and ever!!

Put Wall St Bankers in the line of fire and shoot for the idiot supporting them on the sidelines!

Infidiel: Your have been nominated as The Most Dumbest person on the plant. Come up to the stage and take your award with honors!!! :clap2:

Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M

Sounds like another ploy by mayor's to suck the national teat. I'm surprised they haven't tried to declare the areas a disaster. Maybe they can get FIMA help.

During the first two months of the nationwide Occupy protests, the movement that is demanding more out of the wealthiest Americans cost local taxpayers at least $13 million in police overtime and other municipal services, according to a survey by The Associated Press.

The heaviest financial burden has fallen upon law enforcement agencies tasked with monitoring marches and evicting protesters from outdoor camps. And the steepest costs by far piled up in New York City and Oakland, Calif., where police clashed with protesters on several occasions.

The AP gathered figures from government agencies in 18 cities with active protests and focused on costs through Nov. 15, the day protesters were evicted from New York City's Zuccotti Park, where the protests began Sept. 17 before spreading nationwide. The survey did not attempt to tally the price of all protests but provides a glimpse of costs to cities large and small.

Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M - Yahoo! News

A bit better than the 3 Trillion that Bush cost us in his war in Iraq based on lies.

I find it hard to believe it does not make good press which equals dollars for the media outlet. The OWS is the best reality show on the planet and they do not make a penny. What a rip off.

things cost money, So what?

Free speech sucks huh?

Yep & those little farts want the rest of us to pay for it!

The other side of the coin is those jackasses are'nt saying anything worth listening to. They are just out there acting like a bunch of drum banging idiots!

Im ready for the police to start cracking skulls! Forget about the pepper spray.... lets introduce them to Obamacare first hand :evil:

Put a few of them in comas and let the state pull the plug.... lets let them see the death panels in action.
Aw, gee......another fan o'......

You Teabaggers have some serious-growing-up to do. You need to embrace the fact you have no balls to participate.

handjob.gif

Like I said before.. hand out citations for every piece of litter within 3 feet of a protestor... hand out citations for loitering.. arrests for drugs and all other crimes going on... not only is it enforcing the law, but drawing in the revenue to help pay for cleaning up after these filthy animals
I'm sure a few sunken-yachts could make a difference, as well.

sunken_yachts_02.jpg

Sometimes, ya' just gotta get (the Right) peoples' attention.

:eusa_whistle:

During the first two months of the nationwide Occupy protests, the movement that is demanding more out of the wealthiest Americans cost local taxpayers at least $13 million in police overtime and other municipal services, according to a survey by The Associated Press.

The heaviest financial burden has fallen upon law enforcement agencies tasked with monitoring marches and evicting protesters from outdoor camps. And the steepest costs by far piled up in New York City and Oakland, Calif., where police clashed with protesters on several occasions.

The AP gathered figures from government agencies in 18 cities with active protests and focused on costs through Nov. 15, the day protesters were evicted from New York City's Zuccotti Park, where the protests began Sept. 17 before spreading nationwide. The survey did not attempt to tally the price of all protests but provides a glimpse of costs to cities large and small.

Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M - Yahoo! News

Small price to pay to win those independent voters to the "right." :eusa_whistle:

Good Luck.....

827.gif

Ok, so how much money did the bank bailouts cost? How much did the Fed let out the back door to bailout foreign banks? TRILLIONS. B) So the police have spent money on teargas to spray at non-violent, non-resisting protesters, boo-hoo. Guess what, plenty of those protesters are tax-payers (at least the ones who didn't lose their jobs to our current recession) so the money being spent to violently repress them is as much theirs as anybody's. The tea-party never had to deal with police brutality because the tea-party never was a threat to the power structure or the status quo. No police crack-down, no cost to the tax payers. If the cities don't want to spend money on the protests all they have to do is tell the police to back off. Why do we need a military response to peaceful protests in our own country? Because 1% of the population owns the cops, just like they own most everything else. By the way, check out the Congressional Budget Office website for the report titled "Trends in Household Income Distribution from 1979 to 2007" to see the numbers that support the Occupy movements claims.

Anyone who thinks that violent force is needed to "deal" with the Occupy protesters has never been to any of the Occupies, obviously. Someone suggested ticketing protesters for litter and loitering...fine, just leave the batons and the teargas out of it. I'm sure the protesters would much prefer the tickets. They are standing up for YOUR right to assemble and protest too, though you may not realize it.

Free speech is great. Frivolous criminal behavior sucks.

sure, but these things get messy...

Only when the left is involved.... I am dying to know when the Tea Party left such a disaster in their tracks :eusa_eh:
Yeah......when I think of the Tea Party, the first thing I think of is participatory-activism.

foxministryoflies.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAE87Q5Ype0]Top 10 Scariest Glenn Beck Statements - YouTube[/ame]

handjob.gif

The tea-party never had to deal with police brutality because the tea-party never was a threat to the power structure or the status quo. No police crack-down, no cost to the tax payers. .

Really? Seriously dude, you think that?

Tea Party: Wants lower taxes. Translation: LESS money going to the power structure.

OWS: Wants higher taxes Translation: MORE money going to the power structure.

The TP didn't get pepper sprayed or arrested because:

- The didn't trespass
- They left legal areas when asked to
- They cleaned up
- They didn't obstruct traffic or business
- They didnt throw shit at cops
- They didnt rape or assault each other

They WERE loud. They were pissed. And they were legal and went home. Its that simple.

The Tea Party is FAR more of a threat to the status quo than OWS. OWS just wants to feed the government monster even more.

Someone suggested ticketing protesters for litter and loitering...fine, just leave the batons and the teargas out of it. I'm sure the protesters would much prefer the tickets. They are standing up for YOUR right to assemble and protest too, though you may not realize it.

Would you also tell highway patrol cops to leave the tear spray and baton home when giving out traffic tickets?

What about the guns? Should the cops giving out OWS citations be allowed to keep their guns with them? Why, or why not?

Well, there is that.

The OWS reveals what many on the left actually think about those who protect and serve.
If you Teabaggers knew what you were talking-about, you could (almost) be competitive.

handjob.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Teabaggers.

Forum List

Back