Occult History of Halloween

What do you think of my costume, Jeri? I got it at Target.

Honestly? It looks like the ends got caught in a paper shredder! Or perhaps a scissors? It's definitely not you. I hope you'll find something else to do, Ravi. Who knows? You may be serving the LORD by then! You never know!
Do you think I should wear a nun habit instead?

I think you should be yourself. You do not need to pretend to be someone else. God created you unique, there is no one on earth exactly like you. You were wonderfully made and you should rejoice in that, Ravi.

Wiccans are the evilist halloweeners of all....

The information offered on this thread will give the readers here at USMB the true history behind Halloween and why it is dangerous to permit your children to participate in it. Adults should not participate in it and churches should not offer alternative programs such as Harvest night. Some of the testimonies are from ex-Satanists who will share their own knowledge of what goes on during October 29th - October 31st. There is much documentation about this holiday so please look at all of the material and ask the LORD to confirm to you the truth about the occult origins of Halloween. Thank you for reading / watching the videos!

I always like to celebrate Halloween with a little human sacrifice.....so much tastier than candy.

The information offered on this thread will give the readers here at USMB the true history behind Halloween and why it is dangerous to permit your children to participate in it. Adults should not participate in it and churches should not offer alternative programs such as Harvest night. Some of the testimonies are from ex-Satanists who will share their own knowledge of what goes on during October 29th - October 31st. There is much documentation about this holiday so please look at all of the material and ask the LORD to confirm to you the truth about the occult origins of Halloween. Thank you for reading / watching the videos!

and, wackadoodle?

See Deuteronomy 18:9-12

there is nothing there that says you need to be a wacko.

What is your point, Jillian? The Word of God clearly teaches us to have nothing to do with the occult. I'm going to obey God because I am a child of God, a daughter of Abraham. What about you? Are you going to obey God or continue to vilify and mock those who do?

Please tell me you wouldn't deny your kids the joy of a Christmas tree because of their possible pagan origins?

Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not." (King James Version).

topbul1d.gif
In Europe, Pagans in the past did not cut down whole evergreen trees, bring them into their homes and decorate them. That would have been far too destructive of nature. But during the Roman celebration of the feast of Saturnalia, Pagans did decorate their houses with clippings of evergreen shrubs. They also decorated living trees with bits of metal and replicas of their God, Bacchus.

Tertullian (circa 160 - 230), an early Christian leader and a prolific writer, complained that too many fellow-Christians had copied the Pagan practice of adorning their houses with lamps and with wreathes of laurel at Christmas time. 8,9,10,11

topbul1d.gif
The English Puritans condemned a number of customs associated with Christmas, such as the use of the Yule log, holly, mistletoe, etc. Oliver Cromwell preached against "the heathen traditions" of Christmas carols, decorated trees and any joyful expression that desecrated "that sacred event." 2,4

topbul1d.gif
In America, the Pilgrim's second governor, William Bradford, a Calvanist, tried hard to stamp out all "pagan mockery" at Christmas time. 4 Christmas trees were not used by Puritans in colonial times. However, if they were, they would certainly have been forbidden.

topbul1d.gif
In 1851, Pastor Henry Schwan of Cleveland OH appears to have been the person responsible for decorating the first Christmas tree in an American church. His parishioners condemned the idea as a Pagan practice; some even threatened the pastor with harm. But objections soon dissipated.

I do not put up a tree, I do not celebrate any pagan holidays and I don't have any children at home. I have plenty of Christian brethren that celebrate Christmas with the tree, the lights, the gift exchanges and I have no problem with their doing so. That is their decision, they are doing it in memory of Christ - not in celebration with pagans.

Honestly? It looks like the ends got caught in a paper shredder! Or perhaps a scissors? It's definitely not you. I hope you'll find something else to do, Ravi. Who knows? You may be serving the LORD by then! You never know!

How about this one

tumblr_ks2ylp4o3G1qzewk6o1_400.jpg

I think you should be yourself. You do not need to pretend to be someone else. God created you unique, there is no one on earth exactly like you. You were wonderfully made and you should rejoice in that, Ravi.

Wiccans are the evilist halloweeners of all....

A true follower of Jesus!!!

I do not put up a tree, I do not celebrate any pagan holidays and I don't have any children at home. I have plenty of Christian brethren that celebrate Christmas with the tree, the lights, the gift exchanges and I have no problem with their doing so. That is their decision, they are doing it in memory of Christ - not in celebration with pagans.

Easter is a pagan holiday

I always like to celebrate Halloween with a little human sacrifice.....so much tastier than candy.

Guno, I have a question for you because you are Jewish and you should know the Scriptures. G-d is very clear that He wanted His people to teach their children His ordinances and not the ordinances of evil. So why would you believe it was acceptable to disregard the commands of Almighty God and teach children something that He clearly forbid? He forbids teaching our children evil practices, the keeping of days and times of the pagans - He forbids it! Are you going to obey G-d or do your own thing? If you choose to rebel against God and do your own thing? That is your decision but you are not going to speak for others who desire to follow God. I am grafted into the family of Abraham. I am a daughter of Abraham and as such? I am going to obey the ordinances of God. Not what man tells me is acceptable because "everyone else is doing it".. according to those standards Lot would have stayed on in Sodom with his family so they could all perish together.

it is written:
Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:
Deuteronomy 8:11

I agree which is why I do not celebrate it. The Easter bunny story / egg gathering / originates with the pagans. I celebrate a risen Christ. Not a dead one. Jesus Christ is alive. He took the keys to hell and death and is seated at the right hand of the Father having conquered death, hell and the grave. Hallelujah. Satan is a defeated foe. So why are you celebrating his highest holy day - Halloween, Guno? You're a Jew and you celebrate Lucifer? Why?

I agree which is why I do not celebrate it. The Easter bunny story / egg gathering / originates with the pagans. I celebrate a risen Christ. Not a dead one. Jesus Christ is alive. He took the keys to hell and death and is seated at the right hand of the Father having conquered death, hell and the grave. Hallelujah. Satan is a defeated foe. So why are you celebrating his highest holy day - Halloween, Guno? You're a Jew and you celebrate Lucifer? Why?

Jew don't believe in a personal actual Lucifer Jeri that's for you ignorant uneducated goy

Maybe you should educate yourself

It is very important to understand the difference between the Jewish understanding of Satan and the Christian understanding of Satan.

First of all, in doing a quick search of the Hebrew and Christian bibles, we find a remarkable difference. In the Jewish bible (Tanakh), we find three separate references to Satan (the book of Job is considered one reference because it is one continuous story). However, in the New Testament, a book 1/3 the size of the Hebrew bible, we find 35 references to Satan. If we add the word “devil” to the search, we get an additional 32 references in the New Testament. In total, a search using different euphemisms for Satan leaves us with well over a hundred references. So, the first thing we need to understand is that in Judaism, HaSatan is not a main focus of our relationship with HaShem (G-d). Whereas, Christianity almost seems preoccupied with him.

This applies only to passages referring to Satan as a proper name – the angelic being. The word Satan is actually used many times in the Tanakh, and it means an adversary, obstacle or stumbling block.

Besides the shear pre-occupation with Satan, we find another very major, fundamental difference between the Jewish understanding of Satan and the Christian understanding of him.

In Christianity, Satan is an enemy of G-d, an opposing force, and something very bad. In Christianity, Satan has a level of power that is considered almost equal to that of G-d. In the Christian bible (2 Corinthians 4:3-4), Satan is called the god of this world. However, in Judaism Satan is an agent of G-d, created by G-d for a specific purpose, and something very good. Satan is simply an agent of G-d, just as all the other angels are simply agents of G-d. This is why we frequently see passages where the author appears to interchange G-d and an angel (leading to the often erroneous Christian concept of a christophony).

If we take a look at Isaiah 45:7, we see that Hashem is the creator of everything, as the text says, “bringing forth light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil, I am G-d who does all these things.” In the Jewish bible, everything is under the jurisdiction of G-d and under His power – all forces, even evil forces. Everything comes from G-d, He created everything, good and evil. That being the case, Satan is not a rival of G-d, he is a messenger of G-d and unable to do anything outside of G-d’s will.

In contrast to Christian literature, where Satan is understood to be an evil

Ask the Rabbi, JewishAnswers.org » The Jewish View of Satan

Guno? The G-d of Israel forbids us to follow their times and days to celebrate the festivities of the pagans. He is very clear about it. We are to have no part of the occult. No part of it.

Now if you are a Jew? You will acknowledge that you should obey the LORD and depart from evil and if you want to throw away your birthright as Esau did? The day shall come when with many tears you shall realize what you have done and desire to have it back and it will be too late.

Do not be foolish. Obey the LORD and drop the Lucifer party. It isn't worth the cost of your own soul. Jesus Christ is your Messiah. When God reveals Him to you? You need to give yourself to Him completely and live for Him. Not Lucifer and his pagan followers. Lucifer is not your friend. Jesus Christ is your friend. Wake up already.

Guno? The G-d of Israel forbids us to follow their times and days to celebrate the festivities of the pagans. He is very clear about it. We are to have no part of the occult. No part of it.

Now if you are a Jew? You will acknowledge that you should obey the LORD and depart from evil and if you want to throw away your birthright as Esau did? The day shall come when with many tears you shall realize what you have done and desire to have it back and it will be too late.

Do not be foolish. Obey the LORD and drop the Lucifer party. It isn't worth the cost of your own soul. Jesus Christ is your Messiah. When God reveals Him to you? You need to give yourself to Him completely and live for Him. Not Lucifer and his pagan followers. Lucifer is not your friend. Jesus Christ is your friend. Wake up already.

The God of Israel gave to the Jews you dumb goyim have nothing to do with it and never included in it

The God of Israel gave to the Jews you dumb goyim have nothing to do with it and never included in it
You are mistaken. Have you ever read the Book of Romans, Guno? Or John Chapter 4? Salvation is of the Jews. The entire world was given an opportunity to be grafted into the family of Abraham. All who have received Jesus Christ as Messiah are now part of the family of Abraham. Including me! I'm your sister. hi. :bye1:

Guno, I have a question for you because you are Jewish and you should know the Scriptures. G-d is very clear that He wanted His people to teach their children His ordinances and not the ordinances of evil. So why would you believe it was acceptable to disregard the commands of Almighty God and teach children something that He clearly forbid? He forbids teaching our children evil practices, the keeping of days and times of the pagans - He forbids it! Are you going to obey G-d or do your own thing? If you choose to rebel against God and do your own thing? That is your decision but you are not going to speak for others who desire to follow God. I am grafted into the family of Abraham. I am a daughter of Abraham and as such? I am going to obey the ordinances of God. Not what man tells me is acceptable because "everyone else is doing it".. according to those standards Lot would have stayed on in Sodom with his family so they could all perish together.

it is written:
Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:
Deuteronomy 8:11
There is no rapture in the Bible. You fundamentalist heretics are wrong about everything all the time, starting with your premise.

You are mistaken. Have you ever read the Book of Romans, Guno? Or John Chapter 4? Salvation is of the Jews. The entire world was given an opportunity to be grafted into the family of Abraham. All who have received Jesus Christ as Messiah are now part of the family of Abraham. Including me! I'm your sister. hi. :bye1:
You're his sister? Does that mean you had sex with him?

Satan is a defeated foe. So why are you celebrating his highest holy day - Halloween, Guno? You're a Jew and you celebrate Lucifer? Why?

All Hallow's Eve is Satan's day? LMFAO. You don't even know your own history.

Forum List

Back