Obama's list of accomplishes in regards to the economy

Either show me proof that Congress has stalled the progress, or shut the hell up.

You seem to have things backwards, as usual. You are trying to prove that Obama accomplished something, and you sited the creation of an infrastructure bank as evidence of that accomplishment. You then pointed to a 3 year old site to prove that I was wrong in insisting it did not happen. I already used your links to prove my point, you need to provide more evidence to back up your claims.

Here are a few sites you can use to help prove me right.

National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one is not that old, it is September of last year.

How Obama’s plan for infrastructure bank would work - The Washington Post

Notice how it is talking about something that has not happened yet?

Here is one from October of last year, still hasn't even got out of committee.

Dems introduce bill creating Obama's infrastructure bank - The Hill's Floor Action

The bank does not exist, therefore your premise is false. This does not make your conclusion false, but it does make it suspect. Feel free to provide more links as you find them, I really do enjoy educating nincompoops in the finer points of logic.

It is so painfully obvious that you did a search for all of these links. You had no foreknowledge of this issue and you know it.

Your links only prove that the process is underway. My god you're stupid.

And it is an Obama accomplishment because he signed the order to do it. It has to start somewhere, jackass.

Foreknowledge is something I would use if I could tell the future, which I cannot. I guess that makes you right, for once.

On the other hand, me pointing out that something has not yet happened only requires that I pay attention. The "process" has been underway since 2007 when Dodd and Hagel first proposed it. California has had one since 1994, and it has come up for a vote more than once since 1994, which is where they stole the idea. You flat out said:

He created a $60 billion bank to fund infrastructure improvements such as roads and bridges.

In other words, you made it past tense. As I have repeatedly said, it doesn't exist. Even if it did it was not his idea, so I would still ding you for saying he did it. He did not sign an order to do anything, he submitted the proposal in his budget for 2010, and it was taken out somewhere along the line. You can probably blame Reid for that since the Senate has not voted to pass a budget since 2009, they just pass bills that fund individual cabinet departments.

As for me using Google, so what? You asked for links, I managed to find the first three links on Google and gave them to you so you could prove me wrong. Instead you try to mock me by insisting that he gets credit for doing something he did not do.

Remember this post?

It makes me wonder about those individuals who identify with a certain ideolology.

That, in case your English is as bad as your logic, is incongruity.

Obama saved GM, and GM is now the number one automaker in the world.

He did it by stealing pensions from teachers and police officers, do you think it was worth it?

Absolutely.

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Unemployment is down.
We have had 22 months of private sector job growth.
GM was saved and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

you wont get cons to admit it since that goest against what their talk radio masters tell them,but Obama saved the economy from the disastrous shape W left it in. When he took office we were shedding 700k jobs a month. now we've had almost 2 straight years of jobs growth.
it took a while for obamas policies to turn us around but you cant turn an aircraft carrier instantly.
W sailed us toward the rocks but thankfully Obama managed to get us turned in time

It is so painfully obvious that you did a search for all of these links. You had no foreknowledge of this issue and you know it.

And it is an Obama accomplishment because he signed the order to do it. It has to start somewhere, jackass.

Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg

You're as bad as a Republican candidate. Just keep making a fool of yourself.

Well, I'm making a fool of someone, anyways.

Number of jobs created by Porkulus?

Zero.

{"The results suggest that though the program did result in 2 million jobs "created or saved" by March 2010, net job creation was statistically indistinguishable from zero by August of this year. Taken at face value, this would suggest that the stimulus program (with an overall cost of $814 billion) worked only to generate temporary jobs at a cost of over $400,000 per worker. Even if the stimulus had in fact generated this level of employment as a durable outcome, it would still have been an extremely expensive way to generate employment.}

Archived Blog: Net job impact of stimulus zero, from SF Federal Reserve study

Honestly though, it isn't me making a fool out of you; it's your support of Obama, despite the fact that he is an abysmal failure.

You seem to have things backwards, as usual. You are trying to prove that Obama accomplished something, and you sited the creation of an infrastructure bank as evidence of that accomplishment. You then pointed to a 3 year old site to prove that I was wrong in insisting it did not happen. I already used your links to prove my point, you need to provide more evidence to back up your claims.

Here are a few sites you can use to help prove me right.

National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one is not that old, it is September of last year.

How Obama’s plan for infrastructure bank would work - The Washington Post

Notice how it is talking about something that has not happened yet?

Here is one from October of last year, still hasn't even got out of committee.

Dems introduce bill creating Obama's infrastructure bank - The Hill's Floor Action

The bank does not exist, therefore your premise is false. This does not make your conclusion false, but it does make it suspect. Feel free to provide more links as you find them, I really do enjoy educating nincompoops in the finer points of logic.

Foreknowledge is something I would use if I could tell the future, which I cannot. I guess that makes you right, for once.

On the other hand, me pointing out that something has not yet happened only requires that I pay attention. The "process" has been underway since 2007 when Dodd and Hagel first proposed it. California has had one since 1994, and it has come up for a vote more than once since 1994, which is where they stole the idea. You flat out said:

He created a $60 billion bank to fund infrastructure improvements such as roads and bridges.

In other words, you made it past tense. As I have repeatedly said, it doesn't exist. Even if it did it was not his idea, so I would still ding you for saying he did it. He did not sign an order to do anything, he submitted the proposal in his budget for 2010, and it was taken out somewhere along the line. You can probably blame Reid for that since the Senate has not voted to pass a budget since 2009, they just pass bills that fund individual cabinet departments.

As for me using Google, so what? You asked for links, I managed to find the first three links on Google and gave them to you so you could prove me wrong. Instead you try to mock me by insisting that he gets credit for doing something he did not do.

Remember this post?

It makes me wonder about those individuals who identify with a certain ideolology.

You really need a life - it's evident by your following of my threads. The people I was referring to are the people who answered the poll - not liberals and conservatives in general. Is that really too complicated for you to understand?

You are splitting hairs over this bank issue. If Obama signed the order, it is being created. The headline about the bank may have been misleading, but it was Obama's executive intention, therefore it was one of his accomplishments.

He did it by stealing pensions from teachers and police officers, do you think it was worth it?

Absolutely.

Auto sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

You admit that you care more about your comfort and profit than you do about police and teachers. Doesn't that make you a Republican?

Remember this post?

You really need a life - it's evident by your following of my threads. The people I was referring to are the people who answered the poll - not liberals and conservatives in general. Is that really too complicated for you to understand?

You are splitting hairs over this bank issue. If Obama signed the order, it is being created. The headline about the bank may have been misleading, but it was Obama's executive intention, therefore it was one of his accomplishments.

Following your threads? Do you have delusions of granduer to go along with your delusions of importance to others?

I am not splitting hairs, there was no order, if there was, feel free to find it and link to it to prove me wrong. What Obama did was include a proposal for it in his budget for 2010 because he liked the idea. The idea has been bouncing around the Senate since 2007, and got nowhere, and still has gone nowhere, even if it pops up near the end of the year consistently. You should try a novel approach to this, do what you said in one of your earlier posts on the board, admit that you got it wrong.

Remember this post?

Following your threads? Do you have delusions of granduer to go along with your delusions of importance to others?

I am not splitting hairs, there was no order, if there was, feel free to find it and link to it to prove me wrong. What Obama did was include a proposal for it in his budget for 2010 because he liked the idea. The idea has been bouncing around the Senate since 2007, and got nowhere, and still has gone nowhere, even if it pops up near the end of the year consistently. You should try a novel approach to this, do what you said in one of your earlier posts on the board, admit that you got it wrong.

I'll agree what I said originally was misleading, but it was still one of Obama's accomplishments. It was not his greatest, but to not give Obama any credit for it is just wrong.

I'll agree what I said originally was misleading, but it was still one of Obama's accomplishments. It was not his greatest, but to not give Obama any credit for it is just wrong.

Give him credit for what? Not only was it not his idea, he has not done anything but talk about it. I do not give people credit for talking about things.

Absolutely.

Auto sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

So what you've done is take the starting point of the Obama Administration which was at the worst part of the recession and credit Barack Obama for anything that is a net improvement, unilaterally deciding that what "he" did was the cause. The fallacy of that approach is quite obvious because recessions inevitably do correct themselves and ANYONE who was in the Oval Office would have seen numbers that were up. Of course sales are up since 2009. Of course GDP has been growing since 2009. Of course the stock market has rebounded. Of course unemployment has lessened. The real question to ask isn't are numbers up but is the economy on track to recover and grow due to the policies of this President and on THAT front, Chris your list of Obama "accomplishments" hits a wall because his policies have left us teetering on the edge of another recession rather than a robust recovery. Rather than give us a laundry list of numbers that are up...give us the Obama policies that you think are leading this country's economy towards prosperity. Do you think ObamaCare is going to be a good thing or a bad thing for our economy? Do you think the inability of this President to submit a budget has been a good or bad thing for the country? Do you think this President's refusal to make cuts to programs or spending is going to be a good thing or a bad thing to the future? What is Obama's energy policy? What's he going to do to keep the price of gas low? What's he going to do with the brewing trouble in the Middle East?

The lies the democrats tell!

You just can't make the millions of unemployed who lost everything believe it.

Absolutely.

Auto sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

So what you've done is take the starting point of the Obama Administration which was at the worst part of the recession and credit Barack Obama for anything that is a net improvement, unilaterally deciding that what "he" did was the cause. The fallacy of that approach is quite obvious because recessions inevitably do correct themselves and ANYONE who was in the Oval Office would have seen numbers that were up. Of course sales are up since 2009. Of course GDP has been growing since 2009. Of course the stock market has rebounded. Of course unemployment has lessened. The real question to ask isn't are numbers up but is the economy on track to recover and grow due to the policies of this President and on THAT front, Chris your list of Obama "accomplishments" hits a wall because his policies have left us teetering on the edge of another recession rather than a robust recovery. Rather than give us a laundry list of numbers that are up...give us the Obama policies that you think are leading this country's economy towards prosperity. Do you think ObamaCare is going to be a good thing or a bad thing for our economy? Do you think the inability of this President to submit a budget has been a good or bad thing for the country? Do you think this President's refusal to make cuts to programs or spending is going to be a good thing or a bad thing to the future? What is Obama's energy policy? What's he going to do to keep the price of gas low? What's he going to do with the brewing trouble in the Middle East?

You seem to believe that Obama deserves no credit for this country's successes, yet you have no problem crediting him for all of its struggles. Do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

So what you've done is take the starting point of the Obama Administration which was at the worst part of the recession and credit Barack Obama for anything that is a net improvement, unilaterally deciding that what "he" did was the cause.

That's right. And what do you think caused that recession? Whose administration oversaw the policies leading up the recession? Hint: It wasn't Obama.

The fallacy of that approach is quite obvious because recessions inevitably do correct themselves and ANYONE who was in the Oval Office would have seen numbers that were up.

No. This was Obama using real economics that stimulate demand from the bottom up, not that 'trickle-down' crap that Reagan invented to wreak havoc on our economy. It is the govt's function to aid the economy when it spirals out of control. The stimulus package was the correct and most effective strategy to address the damage caused by the previous administration's obvious lack of knowledge and concern about it.

Of course sales are up since 2009. Of course GDP has been growing since 2009. Of course the stock market has rebounded. Of course unemployment has lessened. The real question to ask isn't are numbers up but is the economy on track to recover and grow due to the policies of this President and on THAT front.

Yes, the market rebounds when prices are low. But to save the housing market the consequent rise in unemployment is the govt's responsibility. No one likes to shell out huge barrels of cash to fix a broken economy, but perhaps if our leaders would actually implement policies that worked (instead of stuffing their wealthy constituent's pockets), we might not be in this situation in the first place. So PLEEEASE stop blaming Obama for not being able to clean up the pile of shit left behind in just a few short years. That Reaganomics mentality has done irreparable harm to our economy. End of story.

Chris your list of Obama "accomplishments" hits a wall because his policies have left us teetering on the edge of another recession rather than a robust recover

Uh..wrong again. Teetering was where we were BEFORE Obama stepped into office. His job is to infuse some common sense policies that were able to save jobs and stop further damage set in motion by the completely clueless crackpots before him. This stuff make look like an act of God, but it really is an economic reality.

Rather than give us a laundry list of numbers that are up...give us the Obama policies that you think are leading this country's economy towards prosperity.

I believe the OP did that already...

Do you think ObamaCare is going to be a good thing or a bad thing for our economy?

Better question: Do you think NOT implementing Obamacare will be a god or bad thing for the economy? How much further up the ass should we take it from pointless insurance agencies and private corporations?

Do you think the inability of this President to submit a budget has been a good or bad thing for the country?

What do you think the GOP reaction to an Obama budget would be? "Hey, Barak, you've got some pretty good ideas in here..." NOT! They use that stuff for fodder to make him look bad no matter what he submits. America cannot take another good idea destroyed by the GOP.

Do you think this President's refusal to make cuts to programs or spending is going to be a good thing or a bad thing to the future? What is Obama's energy policy? What's he going to do to keep the price of gas low? What's he going to do with the brewing trouble in the Middle East?

Not enough done on any of those fronts, obviously. Maybe one of those GOP brainiacs can make sense out of those issues? Do you really think their ideas are any better? Seriously...? Get real. I can't speak for you, friend, but I would feel better knowing we had a cautious, diplomatic approach to those issues rather than a nut-job like Gingrich making foreign policy decisions.

The Iran sanctions are working. The economic recovery is working. The stimulus is working. Get used to it.

The Iran sanctions are working. The economic recovery is working. The stimulus is working. Get used to it.

:lmao: That was good. The stimulus will kick in any day now and the summer of recovery will follow. Yup we got that memo :lmao:

Forum List

Back