Obama's Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

No of course not. If a foreign national is caught in Mexico without documentation, they are jailed until they get a hearing. Then they are jailed for as long as it takes to pay off the locals to get out of jail. A second offense is a virtual life in prison.

i was told by a guy from Guatemala that they take everything you have.....then beat your ass all the way back to the border.....jailing you costs money....

They can only get emergency health care "on our dime"....It's touching how you pubs just love your illegal aliens totally discriminated against, real low wages, no rights....course you're racists too...very nice.

Again. Why the low blow? Can you substanciate that? I don't want to pay for anyone elses healthcare costs. I'll maintain my own healthcare and you do yours. I don't care if you're white, black, chinese, korean, french, arab, iranian, african, indonesian, hispanic, or what. I don't want to pay for it. I damn sure don't want to pay for it if you can't respect that there are borders to my country and you sneak in the back door. I've got a lot of friends overseas that wait in line like everyone else to come to this country. They wait 2-10 years and walk in the front door and they are welcomed with open arms. I love legal immigration. I hate illegal immigration. My son is the second generation (on his mother's side) born in the US. His grandmother is full blooded Mexian. This isn't an issue of race and how dare you approach me as if it is you troll. I don't want illegal aliens here and I don't really care if we start incarcerating them and deporting them to random countries with not a dollar to their name. Stop using the back door. If it were my house and someone decided that they liked the things that I had and the lifestyle that my family lived I would shoot first and ask question later. Their narrative doesn't mater to me, the fact that they are "people" doesn't matter either. There are six billion people on this planet. At least half of them live in conditions (and I've seen it first hand) that are far worse than anything they come from if they have crossed the border. Their situation doesn't mean anything more to me because they are "here". They are no more human to me than the people that have shitty situations in any other country.

Have a nice day and try to stop with the anecdotal stories and the name calling. I have no use for that, or for you if you are engaging in that.

Mike
Given the heritage of your family as you posted here, the pro open border race card people will have your head for going off the reservation.
See this is the play book. The narrative. The Left faced with impossible odds in an argument, must resort to accusations and anecdotes absent of data or proof. They do this to deflect the discussion away from the issue and onto those they accuse.

I agree. Don't like it here. Think it sucks you can alway pack your ditti bag and go back where you came from.

Wonder if Mexico will provide free HC if your illegal in their Country??

Ain't holding my breath.

Folks. We are BROKE and we have loads of Americans who receive everything on the taxpayer dime.

We cannot afford to dispense free medical care to illegal non citizens.

One more time, WE ARE BROKE.
Mexican immigration laws are far more draconian than ours. Yet the Professionally Perpetually Offended never say a word about that.
No of course not. If a foreign national is caught in Mexico without documentation, they are jailed until they get a hearing. Then they are jailed for as long as it takes to pay off the locals to get out of jail. A second offense is a virtual life in prison.
It's their culture. Who are we to judge?

Right, USMB lefties?

They can only get emergency health care "on our dime"....It's touching how you pubs just love your illegal aliens totally discriminated against, real low wages, no rights....course you're racists too...very nice.

Again. Why the low blow? Can you substanciate that? I don't want to pay for anyone elses healthcare costs. I'll maintain my own healthcare and you do yours. I don't care if you're white, black, chinese, korean, french, arab, iranian, african, indonesian, hispanic, or what. I don't want to pay for it. I damn sure don't want to pay for it if you can't respect that there are borders to my country and you sneak in the back door. I've got a lot of friends overseas that wait in line like everyone else to come to this country. They wait 2-10 years and walk in the front door and they are welcomed with open arms. I love legal immigration. I hate illegal immigration. My son is the second generation (on his mother's side) born in the US. His grandmother is full blooded Mexian. This isn't an issue of race and how dare you approach me as if it is you troll. I don't want illegal aliens here and I don't really care if we start incarcerating them and deporting them to random countries with not a dollar to their name. Stop using the back door. If it were my house and someone decided that they liked the things that I had and the lifestyle that my family lived I would shoot first and ask question later. Their narrative doesn't mater to me, the fact that they are "people" doesn't matter either. There are six billion people on this planet. At least half of them live in conditions (and I've seen it first hand) that are far worse than anything they come from if they have crossed the border. Their situation doesn't mean anything more to me because they are "here". They are no more human to me than the people that have shitty situations in any other country.

Have a nice day and try to stop with the anecdotal stories and the name calling. I have no use for that, or for you if you are engaging in that.

Mike
Given the heritage of your family as you posted here, the pro open border race card people will have your head for going off the reservation.
See this is the play book. The narrative. The Left faced with impossible odds in an argument, must resort to accusations and anecdotes absent of data or proof. They do this to deflect the discussion away from the issue and onto those they accuse.

See that's the beauty of being me. I don't give a damn. The race card, the accusations and anecdotes don't bother me. They are only effective if I refuse to engage in the conversation for fear of being called names. Instead I'll confront it head on and move on like it never happened. If someone is dead set against the idea that I can be both racially apathetic and anti-illegal-immigration then there's nothing I can do. They don't think that I'm a racist, they disagree with me and must tie my disagreement with them to a negative character trait in order to process it. Congratulations to them, they have found an appropriate (while childish) way to deal with the fact that I have a different view than they do.

For the record, it isn't just the left that uses these tactics. It is indicative of any person who is losing an argument. Everyone is guilty of it from time to time and it is just my observation that we engage in that too much around here. Being the new guy is probably the best time to point it out before I get used to it. I'm sure in 2 weeks someone else will come along and play this role as I get caught up in it.

Mike

Last edited:

Mike

See that's the beauty of being me. I don't give a damn. The race card, the accusations and anecdotes don't bother me. They are only effective if I refuse to engage in the conversation for fear of being called names. Instead I'll confront it head on and move on like it never happened. If someone is dead set against the idea that I can be both racially apathetic and anti-illegal-immigration then there's nothing I can do. They don't think that I'm a racist, they disagree with me and must tie my disagreement with them to a negative character trait in order to process it. Congratulations to them, they have found an appropriate (while childish) way to deal with the fact that I have a different view than they do.

For the record, it isn't just the left that uses these tactics. It is indicative of any person who is losing an argument. Everyone is guilty of it from time to time and it is just my observation that we engage in that too much around here. Being the new guy is probably the best time to point it out before I get used to it. I'm sure in 2 weeks someone else will come along and play this role as I get caught up in it.

Mike
I am a Caucasian of Western European descent. I ignore the charges of racism. I let the accuser know I will not play their game. I will not defend the label they attempt to place. I get right to the issue.
If they insist on the name calling, I confront them by demanding examples indicating where I was racist then demand they back up their accusations with facts.
It usually winds up with the accuser using some other colorful metaphor against me. At that point, I win.

Mike
I am a Caucasian of Western European descent. I ignore the charges of racism. I let the accuser know I will not play their game. I will not defend the label they attempt to place. I get right to the issue.
If they insist on the name calling, I confront them by demanding examples indicating where I was racist then demand they back up their accusations with facts.
It usually winds up with the accuser using some other colorful metaphor against me. At that point, I win.

I'm also a Caucasian of WE descent. My son is a Caucasian of mixed descent. I'm also a single father who fought like the dickens, and won, custody of my child. That someone would accuse me of racism against my son is laughable. I don't ignore it, I attack them for their ignorance. I'm not racist, I grew up in an entirely different environment than most people (an international school in Jakarta Indonesia for six years, home schooled in China for a year and an international school in Switzerland). If someone wants to accuse me of racism I welcome that challenge. I probably speak more languages than they do, and have more racial mixture in my life too. I might not, that's true... but you're always welcome to the challenge. I learned a long time ago that environment and circumstance are much more indicative of behavior than race. I've also seen poverty, up close and in person on a daily basis, than most of the people you will meet. I've gone to and stayed the night in villages in which we had to wake up and go with the kids to get water for the day from a mile away. Yeah. I don't shy away from anything. I also speak frankly of race, political and economic differences. That's how it should be. If someone is unable to engage in a frank discussion of what makes us different, or the same then why would I bother to deal with them? Oh, and I've encountered racism before too. Try walking around in a country in which you're the tallest person (by about 8 inches at least) and the only white guy within a mile or two. The worst is that I speak Indonesian (not many bulai - the slang for white person- speak Indonesian) and it was assumed that I didn't speak Indonesian. Yes, I got the unfiltered version of it when I went anywhere. It wasn't as bad when I was out with my Indonesian friends, but even then I heard the conversations (until my friends told them I was fluent) and they didn't bother to whisper their suspicions about me, they said them as if I wasn't in the room. Yeah... good luck accusing me of racism.

Mike

i was told by a guy from Guatemala that they take everything you have.....then beat your ass all the way back to the border.....jailing you costs money....

That is what happens to the ones that live...

this is not about a "right" in my opinion....it's about the law....and the law in this country guarantees a minimum wage, when working. Anything less than that, is an EMPLOYER breaking the law.

the law does NOT STATE that the minimum wage is ONLY guaranteed for American citizens, or for non felons or for whites or for blacks or for hispanics or for only males etc.....the law states that employers have to pay a minimum wage for work provided by their employees.

can't get more simple than that......

Giving employers the choice of paying minimum wage for American citizens and NOT having to pay minimum wage for illegals is giving the employer the incentive to hire illegals....and THAT is what we DO NOT WANT imo.

this is not about a "right" in my opinion....it's about the law....and the law in this country guarantees a minimum wage, when working. Anything less than that, is an EMPLOYER breaking the law.

the law does NOT STATE that the minimum wage is ONLY guaranteed for American citizens, or for non felons or for whites or for blacks or for hispanics or for only males etc.....the law states that employers have to pay a minimum wage for work provided by their employees.

Giving employers the choice of paying minimum wage for American citizens and NOT having to pay minimum wage for illegals is giving the employer the incentive to hire illegals....and THAT is what we DO NOT WANT imo.

Again... there should not have to be a law protecting some bullshit right of someone who is here illegally anyway... it is nothing less than pandering to the illegals...

Punish both the law breaking employer for hiring the illegal.. and the illegal for breaking the law being here without following the procedure for entry

It's not fucking rocket science

Again... there should not have to be a law protecting some bullshit right of someone who is here illegally anyway... it is nothing less than pandering to the illegals...

Punish both the law breaking employer for hiring the illegal.. and the illegal for breaking the law being here without following the procedure for entry

I don't agree with having a separate law protecting illegals right to a minimum wage and this is NOT what I am talking about....

what I am saying is that the law, as it is written on the books, is for employers to pay the minimum wage according to the State and federal laws on wages. It is a WAGE law, it has nothing to do with whether the employee is illegal, an American citizen, a foreign national, or someone here on a visa etc etc etc.

If the employer is given free reign to pay illegals less than the current laws require then YOU and the LAW are giving the Employer an incentive to hire illegals since there is no extra punishment or fine for it.

the employer should be given punishment for hiring an illegal and they should be given punishment for not meeting State and Federal law on wages.

to cut them a break on the punishment for paying less than minimum wage is wrong.

I don't agree with having a separate law protecting illegals right to a minimum wage and this is NOT what I am talking about....

what I am saying is that the law, as it is written on the books, is for employers to pay the minimum wage according to the State and federal laws on wages. It is a WAGE law, it has nothing to do with whether the employee is illegal, an American citizen, a foreign national, or someone here on a visa etc etc etc.

If the employer is given free reign to pay illegals less than the current laws require then YOU and the LAW are giving the Employer an incentive to hire illegals since there is no extra punishment or fine for it.

the employer should be given punishment for hiring an illegal and they should be given punishment for not meeting State and Federal law on wages.

to cut them a break on the punishment for paying less than minimum wage is wrong.

Those laws should be only for those in this country legally.. period.. whether as citizens, people here on a legal work program, tourists, and other legal visitors...

Just as prisoners do not get minimum wage guaranteed by law, neither should the criminal illegals

Those laws should be only for those in this country legally.. period.. whether as citizens, people here on a legal work program, tourists, and other legal visitors...

Just as prisoners do not get minimum wage guaranteed by law, neither should the criminal illegals
well, life's a bitch and then you die, dave.

there is a separate law for prisoners and what they can or can not be paid while in prison....so your example doesn't really fit imo....

What you are saying is that if you are here illegally you are not protected by our laws...so anyone can shoot and murder an illegal and the murderer will not be punished. Or a thief can accost and rob an illegal and not be held accountable for doing such because they are committing a crime against an illegal....

It does not work that way Dave and IT NEVER WILL.

there is a separate law for prisoners and what they can or can not be paid while in prison....so your example doesn't really fit imo....

What you are saying is that if you are here illegally you are not protected by our laws...so anyone can shoot and murder an illegal and the murderer will not be punished. Or a thief can accost and rob an illegal and not be held accountable for doing such because they are committing a crime against an illegal....

Both prisoners and illegals are criminals... neither deserve a legally protected right to a minimum wage

Illegals should not be afforded governmental protections nor rights afforded by government... sure, they are afforded the god given rights of every human, but not what we as citizens are guaranteed nor what our legal visitors are guaranteed...

This is simply publicized coddling of the illegals... nothing less

Both prisoners and illegals are criminals... neither deserve a legally protected right to a minimum wage

Illegals should not be afforded governmental protections nor rights afforded by government... sure, they are afforded the god given rights of every human, but not what we as citizens are guaranteed nor what our legal visitors are guaranteed...

This is simply publicized coddling of the illegals... nothing less
What exactly do you mean by "a legally protected right to a minimum wage''

what does "right" mean in that statement?

soooo, if someone murders an illegal, the murderer can get away with it, with no charges?

and if someone murders a prisoner, the person murdering a prisoner should get no punishment because it was a prisoner?

YOU MAKE NO SENSE.

You are letting your emotions or angst for our huge illegal immigrant problem get in the way of common sense and the way the law is written.

Laws in this country made by our government cover everyone and the people breaking those laws should NOT be "forgiven" or "given a free pass" for doing such, just because they committed a crime against an illegal.

This is not giving the illegal a "right", it is the letter of the Law for everyone.

I honestly have trouble believing some of you people are as stupid as your points of view suggest.

If you cannot understand that allowing employers to pay illegal immigrants less than the pevailing wage hurts AMERICAN WORKERS, then honestly

You have to be extremely stupid.

Illegals don't have rights, is your mantra?

How stupid do you have to be to think THAT is the issue before us?

I honestly have trouble believing some of you people are as stupid as your points of view suggest.

If you cannot understand that by allowing employers to pay illegal immigrants less than the pevailing wage hurts AMERICAN WORKERS, then honestly

You have to be extremely stupid.

Illegals don't have rights, is your mantra?

How stupid do you have to be to think THAT is the issue before us?

Allowing??

I guess we're allowing employers to pay dogs under minimum wage too, and how wrong that is... I guess we are neglecting because we don't know if mongoloid midget gay Canadian Eskimos are protected by workers comp and/or marriage laws... :rolleyes:

Illegals do not and should not get afforded the same government guaranteed rights, protections, and privileges as citizens and legal visitors

Don't guarantee the law to check up whether illegals are getting wages... check up on whether or not you have illegals working, deport the fucking illegals and prosecute the fucking businesses for hiring the illegals... using the cycles of government to guarantee rights for an illegal, instead of getting them the fuck out of here, is ludicrous

Income tax evasion is a crime. An employer is not going to pay "below minimum wage" and report it to the IRS. They can only get away with that if they pay under the table.

An American who does not pay taxes or file a tax return can go to jail. The illegal alien who reports his boss's offense is admitting his own guilt. Quite a conundrum. Unless of course this law gives UNEQUAL TREATMENT of the law in favor of the illegal...

Word on the street is that the illegals working in construction here in NJ make around 10 bucks an hour; 15 if they speak English. Cash under the table with no deductions. I imagine many of the unemployed in NJ wouldn't mind that kind of "exploitation".

No, it's against the law for illegal aliens to work in the U.S.A. The Obama administration is openly disobeying our countries laws!

The PJ Tatler » Obama’s Labor Secretary: Illegal Aliens Have a ‘Right to a Legal Wage’

So you wouldn't want to prosecute US employers for violating other labor laws, as well as for the violation of hiring illegals?

Employers are the problem.

Carby... both the ones doing the employing and the illegals themselves are problems... it is not a one way street

Forum List

Back