Obama's Jobs Bill Fails to Advance in Senate Despite White House Push

Obama's Jobs Bill Fails To Advance In Senate Despite White House Push | Fox News

Why didn't you work with Reid to get the vote done last week, when the GOp wanted and CALLED for it publicly???

Reid REFUSED to allow the vote the REPUBLICANS called for last week, and the result is that the bill as a whole is dead.

For once, I agree with something Harry Reid did.

I really think this jobs bill was more of a campaigning stunt than a legitmate solution.

I say this because, like you said, the senate dems don't want to vote on the bill and the bill is just a repeat of the stimulus bill that failed to reduce unemployment at all.

Here's how you create jobs for Americans in America.

In Bozeman, Montana, Anders Lewendal is hard at work building a home he hopes will be a blueprint for creating jobs in America.

Lewendal, an economist turned builder, is constructing a house made entirely from American-made products. Everything from the nails, screws and bolts, to the steel, staples and bathtub is made in the United States.

In all there are more than 120 products from more than 33 states. However, the builders do acknowledge that using American products can be more expensive.

A box of nails is $5 more than those made in China and steel is $146 more a bundle. Even though certain goods are more expensive, in total, the cost of the house is nearly identical. Currently, the all-American home, which is not yet finished , is running only 1 to 2 percent more than a foreign-sourced house.

Lewendal is convinced that if every builder bought just 5 percent more American materials it would create 220,000 jobs.

Here’s the list of products Lewendal is using to build the Made in America house:
How to Build a Made in America Home - ABC News

And this works without any guberment bailouts it works the the freemarket system within the private sector

What? No stimulus money was used? How DARE he!!!!

I really think this jobs bill was more of a campaigning stunt than a legitmate solution.

I say this because, like you said, the senate dems don't want to vote on the bill and the bill is just a repeat of the stimulus bill that failed to reduce unemployment at all.

Here's how you create jobs for Americans in America.

In Bozeman, Montana, Anders Lewendal is hard at work building a home he hopes will be a blueprint for creating jobs in America.

Lewendal, an economist turned builder, is constructing a house made entirely from American-made products. Everything from the nails, screws and bolts, to the steel, staples and bathtub is made in the United States.

In all there are more than 120 products from more than 33 states. However, the builders do acknowledge that using American products can be more expensive.

A box of nails is $5 more than those made in China and steel is $146 more a bundle. Even though certain goods are more expensive, in total, the cost of the house is nearly identical. Currently, the all-American home, which is not yet finished , is running only 1 to 2 percent more than a foreign-sourced house.

Lewendal is convinced that if every builder bought just 5 percent more American materials it would create 220,000 jobs.

Here’s the list of products Lewendal is using to build the Made in America house:
How to Build a Made in America Home - ABC News

And this works without any guberment bailouts it works the the freemarket system within the private sector

What? No stimulus money was used? How DARE he!!!!

Yes it's a terrible thing to think the gubberment is not needed to have a stronge economy. I am sure obama will step in with some intrastate tax because states are not allowed to do busniess with each other :lol:

Last edited:
You have to pass this NOW!!NOW!!NOW!! .... err you get the point

Obama: Pass this bill right away!

GOP: Okay, let's go ahead and vote on this sucker!

Reid: No, we want to re-write it, fundamentally changing the language of the bill first

Obama: Okay, then can we pass the bill right away?

GOP: Yeah, let's go ahead and vote on this sucker already!

Reid: you know... no. I think we need to break it up into little parts first.

Obama: Um, okay. I guess.

Because Reid and the other Democrats think it didn't go far enough.

Not a single Republican supports jobs for America. Just like the first stimulus, a lot if it is "tax cuts" so they could get Republicans on board.

Now this is what's hilarious. Over one hundred Republican Senators and Congressmen applied for and received stimulus money for their communities which was used to improve railroads, bridges, sewers, and hold jobs fairs. Even Scott Brown used stimulus money to install broadband internet in the business community. Do we really need to link to that again?

Even when their own leaders took stimulus money and used it to create jobs, these morons stand on their tiny soapbox and scream "IT FAILED! NO JOBS WERE CREATED". Even when their own leaders, their own leaders created jobs with stimulus money. Their own leaders. What is it they don't get? You can't drive the truth into their tiny, hard heads with a pile driver.

Reid stopped the Republicans from larding up the bill with unrelated additions.

They had an up and down vote. Democrats basically won. Republicans do what they do best. Obstruct and filibuster.

HYPOCRISY at it's finest.

The Democrats obstructed and filibustered Bush when they had control of the U.S. Senate.

The "new 60 vote majority" that one of the other leftists turds in here mentioned was what Bush put up with for most of his eight years.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT BITTER TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE, LEFTIES?

Fu**ing cry baby hypocrite psychopaths!

Forum List

Back