Obama's Evolving Opinion On Same-sex Marriage

The "will of the people"?

Do you think this country should be governed by polling?

obviously you think a dick tater would do the trick.

Actually, I'm a pretty big fan of the system we've got.

You know - a Republic, not a Democracy. A system where we elect people who we think represent us - rather than a system where everything is decided by popular opinion.

well the system we have gives us the right to vote and States Rights,, you have to live with that, or move, or change the constitution.

This should help clinch Obama's defeat. I don't know what polling made him think that coming out on the side of same-sex (barf) marriage was a good thing to do.

Yeah, he got called on this one by Biden. It's hard for me not to think it was orchestrated, in my opinion he did it to firm up his base of support. I don't care about the issue, meaning that I am not against gay marriage. In fact I think that they should have a right to marry each other, especially when in North Carolina marriage to one's first cousin is still legal.
"Now, heterosexual marriage laws are pretty straightforward in North Carolina. In fact, things are so lenient that, In North Carolina, it's completely legal for first cousins to get married ("Double Cousin" marriage, however, isn't okay... Whatever that is). "

I think this was a kneejerk switch. Jay Carney couldn't give the press an answer on Obama's position yesterday and today he comes out with a position to save face. Remind me again about his "great organizational skills." He's definitely going to pay for this one.

Yeah, he got called on this one by Biden. It's hard for me not to think it was orchestrated, in my opinion he did it to firm up his base of support. I don't care about the issue, meaning that I am not against gay marriage. In fact I think that they should have a right to marry each other, especially when in North Carolina marriage to one's first cousin is still legal.
"Now, heterosexual marriage laws are pretty straightforward in North Carolina. In fact, things are so lenient that, In North Carolina, it's completely legal for first cousins to get married ("Double Cousin" marriage, however, isn't okay... Whatever that is). "

That's a good looking dog you have there.

Last edited:

Gays have the same exact rights of heterosexuals. What they are trying to do is put the government stamp of approval on their lifestyle choices. There's zero compelling need for it.

Gays have the same exact rights of heterosexuals. What they are trying to do is put the government stamp of approval on their lifestyle choices. There's zero compelling need for it.

No. They don't.

^^^
Obama is completely fine with gay marriage (and many in his cabinet have said so; up to Joe Biden). He has not came out for it b/c it'll not get him votes. But in his second term it's going to be no holds barred. If people want gay marriage then vote for Obama. If people want traditional marriage then vote for Romney.

You must have missed it:

Obama supports gay marriage: Historic switch carries risks - CSMonitor.com

And again, Obama shows that he would rather be a King than an executive that regards the will of the people. Thirty states have already banned government recognized gay marriage.

Wow, I guess old wingnut line has expired, temporarily, you know,

the one where they praise someone who doesn't just stick a finger in the wind and go whichever way the polls go.

Do you idiots ever get tired, I mean, day after day struggling so hard to be on the opposite side of everything Obama does or doesn't do?

So he was a coward for not publicly stating he was for gay marriage, and now that he has, he's pandering?

He mouthed the words but still said he would not support changes in federal law, only state law, which means his position hasn't changed.

He supports it but not 100%.

In reality he'll all for it, but as usual he's voting present.

Exactly.

Before, he was personally against it, but all for creating laws allowing it. Now he's for it personally, but against making laws allowing it.

I wonder how some of the Hispanics will feel about this. I read that most of them tend to be Catholic, so will they ignore this issue if Obama allows illegals in?

What are Muslims' take on gays? I thought they were pretty harsh on this.

No. They don't.

Yup. They can marry anyone of the opposite sex just like me. They can engage in whatever sexual activities they want, just like me. They cannot marry two people, just like I can't. There is no right they have that I do not have.

Therefore it is a matter of defining the purpose of marriage. It clearly is for the sake of the nuclear family. Gay marriage does nothing to enhance the value of marriage or society.

So he was a coward for not publicly stating he was for gay marriage, and now that he has, he's pandering?

He mouthed the words but still said he would not support changes in federal law, only state law, which means his position hasn't changed.

He supports it but not 100%.

In reality he'll all for it, but as usual he's voting present.

Exactly.

Before, he was personally against it, but all for creating laws allowing it. Now he's for it personally, but against making laws allowing it.

I wonder how some of the Hispanics will feel about this. I read that most of them tend to be Catholic, so will they ignore this issue if Obama allows illegals in?

What are Muslims' take on gays? I thought they were pretty harsh on this.

I need one of you to link me to "still said he will not support changes in Federal law" since I cannot find it.

That would have been a good argument against mixed race marriages. Way to show your colors,

no pun intended.

No. They don't.

Yup. They can marry anyone of the opposite sex just like me. They can engage in whatever sexual activities they want, just like me. They cannot marry two people, just like I can't. There is no right they have that I do not have.

Therefore it is a matter of defining the purpose of marriage. It clearly is for the sake of the nuclear family. Gay marriage does nothing to enhance the value of marriage or society.

If they were straight, they'd be happy to marry anyone of the opposite sex, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion, derp.

May I call you Derp?

Romney, standing firm.

Romney, responding to Obama’s shift, reaffirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage. “When these issues were raised in my state of Massachusetts, I indicated my view, which is I do not favor marriage between people of the same gender, and I do not favor civil unions if they are identical to marriage other than by name,” he said in an interview with a Fox affiliate in Denver. “My view is the domestic partnership benefits, hospital visitation rights, and the like are appropriate but that the others are not.”

Romney, standing firm.

Romney, responding to Obama’s shift, reaffirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage. “When these issues were raised in my state of Massachusetts, I indicated my view, which is I do not favor marriage between people of the same gender, and I do not favor civil unions if they are identical to marriage other than by name,” he said in an interview with a Fox affiliate in Denver. “My view is the domestic partnership benefits, hospital visitation rights, and the like are appropriate but that the others are not.”

I bet you're not going to vote for him huh?

obviously you think a dick tater would do the trick.

Actually, I'm a pretty big fan of the system we've got.

You know - a Republic, not a Democracy. A system where we elect people who we think represent us - rather than a system where everything is decided by popular opinion.

well the system we have gives us the right to vote and States Rights,, you have to live with that, or move, or change the constitution.

What does that have to do with what we were talking about?

Forum List

Back