Obama's Evolving Opinion On Same-sex Marriage

Why is the President so non-committal on this? From a social position, moderates, independents, and liberals are by and large in agreement with him. Is he trying to attract the Religious Right? Can he not show leadership or definitivenrss on something so easy?

Obama is avoiding this because a certain group, that voted for Obama 99%, don't like homosexuals.

Republicans are 90% white.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican. Funny how that works out.

To date, 31 states have overwhelmingly rejected same sex marriage. When North Carolina rejects it, that will make 32 states. obama can't afford to lose 32 states by coming out.

How many states rejected gay marriage 10 years ago? 20 years ago? 30 years ago?

Enjoy that wrong side of history. Lester Maddox and Bull Conner are saving seats for you.

How many @ the Ballot Box have Embraced it?...

Not what the Legislatures or Courts did.

Got a count?...

:)

peace...

Was Bull against GAYS?:eusa_whistle:

Obama supporters and their tunnel-vision on display.

I figure put your money where you mouth is and stop the deception.

I think it's why folks like Oprah and others aren't willing to back him like last time.

Lack of courage on issues that matter to them.

I think Obamy has lost a ton of votes, not that those votes translate into Romney votes but I think many will be sitting out this time around come November.

And what is a sit out but a vote for Obama?
damn right. a no vote is a vote for him

Common sense and legitimate reason prevails in No. Carolina...
:cool:
N.C. voters OK ban on gay marriage
8 May,`12 . – North Carolina voters approved a state constitutional amendment Tuesday declaring marriage is solely between a man and a woman, dealing a setback to gay-rights advocates.
Approval means North Carolina becomes the 30th state with such a constitutional provision. The constitutional change solidifies a state law in place banning same-sex marriage. Supporters of the amendment, including the Rev. Billy Graham, 93, and the conservative Family Research Council, contended the amendment was needed to block legal challenges to the state law. The measure was put on the ballot after Republicans took control of the Legislature in the 2010 elections for the first time in 140 years.

Some voters in the Tar Heel state, which figures to be one of the critical swing states in the 2012 presidential election, got automated recorded phone calls from former president Bill Clinton urging defeat of the measure. Six states and the District of Columbia allow same-sex marriages.

Members of President Obama's Cabinet weighed in this week on the issue. Education Secretary Arne Duncan said Monday he supports same-sex marriage, one day after Vice President Biden said he is "absolutely comfortable" with same-sex couples having the rights of heterosexual couples. Obama supports most gay rights but has stopped short of backing gay marriage.

MORE

It annoys me that the education secretary thinks it's in her purview to give political advocacy to gay marriage. That was one of the reasons that I supported a gay marriage ban in California. The schools thought they needed to be all up in that.

It's pretty clear that Obama is saying one thing and secretly believes another. I think he looks like a hypocrite when he refuses to say exactly where he stands on same-sex marriage. Instead he meekly says his opinion is evolving

Now where have I heard that before?

RNC official: Romney still deciding position on immigration reform - The Hill's Ballot Box

It's one thing to be undecided in deciding the best course of action on a massively complex issue and another to be undecided on a moral issue that should be a no-brainer. You're ether for it or against it.

Romney isn't undecided on immigration. He is simply undecided on which way is best to deal with it.

But thanks for attempting to confuse the issues.

It annoys me that the education secretary thinks it's in her purview to give political advocacy to gay marriage. That was one of the reasons that I supported a gay marriage ban in California. The schools thought they needed to be all up in that.

You do realize that Arne Duncan is a dude, right?

So you frequently form opinions in ignorance?

I'm still trying to figure out how gay marriage would have any effect in the schools one way or the other.

Exactly what were they possibly going to say to kids that you think was going to be so destructive, exactly? That there are gay folks? OMG, we can't let the kids know that!

stop_watch.jpg

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>.....

:eusa_whistle:

You do realize that Arne Duncan is a dude, right?

So you frequently form opinions in ignorance?

I'm still trying to figure out how gay marriage would have any effect in the schools one way or the other.

Exactly what were they possibly going to say to kids that you think was going to be so destructive, exactly? That there are gay folks? OMG, we can't let the kids know that!

Better to deny the fact that they exist. That way they don't have to deal with the fact that gays are born that way. And the biggest reason they can't believe that anyone is born gay is that it messes up their religious beliefs.

Common sense and legitimate reason prevails in No. Carolina...
:cool:

But I thought ya'll were cool with Civil Unions. Isn't that what the RW keeps telling "they gheys"? "Why can't you just be happy with Civil Unions?" is the (pardon the pun) most frequent query.

So if ya'll think we should STFU about "marriage" and just be happy with whatever the straight masters think we should have, why ban Civil Unions and any legal protections at all?

And you all do realize you are just putting off the inevitable don't you? No matter how many "bans" you put in place, gay marriage will be the reality across the country in just a few years time. Best to start getting used to the idea unless you plan on dying off soon.

When reporters asked about O-Tard's stance on gay marriage, John Carney could not give it; meanwhile reporters just laughed at him. (He also did not know if O-Tard would support the scandalous Charlie Rangel; which shows how disoriented his campaign is).

And apparently when O-Tard found out that he was visiting North Carolina on the same day that they were voting on a gay marriage ban; he canceled his trip and ran away with his head between his legs.

White House Punts on Same Sex Marriage

I think a lot of Americans are evolving on the issue of gay marriage. At least Obama isn't sucking butt with every Democratic issue and pandering day and night like Romney does. All of the sudden, Romney is the extreme Rightwing authority on everything.

stop_watch.jpg

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>.....

Your time's running-out, Teabaggers.

:eusa_whistle:

When reporters asked about O-Tard's stance on gay marriage, John Carney could not give it; meanwhile reporters just laughed at him. (He also did not know if O-Tard would support the scandalous Charlie Rangel; which shows how disoriented his campaign is).

And apparently when O-Tard found out that he was visiting North Carolina on the same day that they were voting on a gay marriage ban; he canceled his trip and ran away with his head between his legs.

I think a lot of Americans are evolving on the issue of gay marriage. At least Obama isn't sucking butt with every Democratic issue and pandering day and night like Romney does. All of the sudden, Romney is the extreme Rightwing authority on everything.

It seems that way but Romney is finally getting a chance to state his positions rather than allow the MSM spin his positions for him.

Obama is showing weakness here. We know his positions on Gay marriage but he's been afraid to voice them till after the election. Now he's thinking of doing a one hour special entitled "The Decision" with Robin Roberts.

Obama has numerous unpopular positions on several issues he will reveal after November.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Obama has decided that he doesn't personally support same-sex marriage but he supports the legalisation of it.

Pretty much another dodge.

He wants Democrat evangelicals' money but he also wants money from Hollywood and Gays, so he's still not saying what he really feels.

If Gay marriage becomes popular before the election he'll jump on the bandwagon, but not until.

It seems that way but Romney is finally getting a chance to state his positions rather than allow the MSM spin his positions for him.

Obama is showing weakness here. We know his positions on Gay marriage but he's been afraid to voice them till after the election. Now he's thinking of doing a one hour special entitled "The Decision" with Robin Roberts.

Obama has numerous unpopular positions on several issues he will reveal after November.

Stay tuned.

Obama just came out for gay marriage. So yeah, he's pandering.

Forum List

Back