Obama's Evolving Opinion On Same-sex Marriage

same-sex-marriage.jpg

It's pretty clear that Obama is saying one thing and secretly believes another. I think he looks like a hypocrite when he refuses to say exactly where he stands on same-sex marriage. Instead he meekly says his opinion is evolving.

That isn't even intelligent enough to call stupid.

Fact is Obama has officially said he's against it but his policies say otherwise. I don't need to hear what he believes because I already know. He is pro same-sex marriage, but he's afraid to lose the Latino vote and any conservatives that he once had. He won't say what he really believes till after the election.

What a coward.

I believe that Gays deserve the same rights as everybody else, but I'm not gonna send someone else out to pander to them like Obama did with Joe Biden.
article-1249258-0831462B000005DC-790_634x403.jpg

It was unseemly. It was pathetic. I don't think Biden believed a word he said. He's as big a bigot as anyone. However he was told to say what he said on Meet The Depressed Sunday morning. This is Obama's way of starting a new discussion without actually participating. He had Biden put on his knee-pads and grovel to the Gay community while he stays out of it and remains free of criticism.

Typical Obama. He always has somebody else carry his water on the tough issues.

joe_biden_249x300_large.jpeg

I'm willing to bet now that he's taken a stand, you won't acknowledge that he did the right thing. I'll go read the thread now.

So he was a coward for not publicly stating he was for gay marriage, and now that he has, he's pandering?

He mouthed the words but still said he would not support changes in federal law, only state law, which means his position hasn't changed.

He supports it but not 100%.

In reality he'll all for it, but as usual he's voting present.

Last edited:
He's really gotten screwed with this one. In 2008 he was against gay marriage. Now that it seems to be some kind of issue for his liberal base he sends Biden to say it's really OK and he supports it. But he leaves himself wiggle room to say Biden wasn't speaking for him. Because gay marriage is most vociferously opposed in black churches, which is a strong base of support for him.
He would have done better keeping his mouth shut on the issue. Same as he would have with Trayvon Martin and a bunch of other things.

The black churches will still turn out a 90%+ vote for Obama based on his skin color.

So he was a coward for not publicly stating he was for gay marriage, and now that he has, he's pandering?

Well in 2008 he stated he was opposed to it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oZ_pe1MZ8]Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

So now he's for it. What's changed? Bad poll numbers. That's pandering.

Well in 2008 he stated he was opposed to it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oZ_pe1MZ8]Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

So now he's for it. What's changed? Bad poll numbers. That's pandering.

I just found this today.

It appears his "evolving opinion" aka "if it was Romney it would be flip flops" was that Obama was for it in 1996 before he was against it and now for it again.

Check this out.

obama-gay-marriage-620x449.jpg

Rewind to 1996 when Obama launched his political career by running for the Illinois state Senate. At that time, he made strong statements lending his “unequivocal support” for gay marriage, not civil unions.

“I would support and co-sponsor a state civil rights bill for gays and lesbians,” Obama told the publication. “I favor legalizing same-sex marriage, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.”

This man is unreal.

Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

Last edited:

He mouthed the words but still said he would not support changes in federal law, only state law, which means his position hasn't changed.

Politics as usual.....they all etch-a-sketch 4 DA base!!!! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhQBZ1La0w]Obama @ Saddleback Church -Defines Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

Img306270885.jpg

^^^
Obama is completely fine with gay marriage (and many in his cabinet have said so; up to Joe Biden). He has not came out for it b/c it'll not get him votes. But in his second term it's going to be no holds barred. If people want gay marriage then vote for Obama. If people want traditional marriage then vote for Romney.

^^^
Obama is completely fine with gay marriage (and many in his cabinet have said so; up to Joe Biden). He has not came out for it b/c it'll not get him votes. But in his second term it's going to be no holds barred. If people want gay marriage then vote for Obama. If people want traditional marriage then vote for Romney.

Yes, because THIS is THE only issue that matters.

^^^

No. And I'm not saying that anyone should vote based only on any one issue. Regardless of the weight that people put on the issue; what they should know is that Obama is pro gay marriage and that Romney is for traditional marriage.

^^^

You must have missed it:

Obama supports gay marriage: Historic switch carries risks - CSMonitor.com

And again, Obama shows that he would rather be a King than an executive that regards the will of the people. Thirty states have already banned government recognized gay marriage.

^^^

No. And I'm not saying that anyone should vote based only on any one issue. Regardless of the weight that people put on the issue; what they should know is that Obama is pro gay marriage and that Romney is for traditional marriage.

I won't know what Romney is for until he weighs in again.

^^^

You must have missed it:

And again, Obama shows that he would rather be a King than an executive that regards the will of the people. Thirty states have already banned government recognized gay marriage.

Somebody play him the rest of the clip.

Politics as usual.....they all etch-a-sketch 4 DA base!!!! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhQBZ1La0w]Obama @ Saddleback Church -Defines Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

Img306270885.jpg

See? Even nitwit understood the concept of States Rights.

^^^

You must have missed it:

The "will of the people"?

Do you think this country should be governed by polling?

same-sex-marriage.jpg

It's pretty clear that Obama is saying one thing and secretly believes another. I think he looks like a hypocrite when he refuses to say exactly where he stands on same-sex marriage. Instead he meekly says his opinion is evolving.

That isn't even intelligent enough to call stupid.

Fact is Obama has officially said he's against it but his policies say otherwise. I don't need to hear what he believes because I already know. He is pro same-sex marriage, but he's afraid to lose the Latino vote and any conservatives that he once had. He won't say what he really believes till after the election.

What a coward.

I believe that Gays deserve the same rights as everybody else, but I'm not gonna send someone else out to pander to them like Obama did with Joe Biden.
article-1249258-0831462B000005DC-790_634x403.jpg

It was unseemly. It was pathetic. I don't think Biden believed a word he said. He's as big a bigot as anyone. However he was told to say what he said on Meet The Depressed Sunday morning. This is Obama's way of starting a new discussion without actually participating. He had Biden put on his knee-pads and grovel to the Gay community while he stays out of it and remains free of criticism.

Typical Obama. He always has somebody else carry his water on the tough issues.

joe_biden_249x300_large.jpeg

Evolving is that liberal code word for flip flopping liar?

obviously you think a dick tater would do the trick.

I won't know what Romney is for until he weighs in again.

Mmm. Well what does Obama really believe?

"I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages." -- Obama's answer in a questionnaire during his 1996 run for Illinois state Senate

"Undecided" -- his answer in another questionnaire on the same-sex marriage question during his re-election race for the same office in 1998

"I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about primarily just as a strategic issue." -- Obama's response during an interview with the Windy City Times, a gay newspaper, in February 2004

"I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian ... it is also a sacred union." -- Obama's response in April 2008 during a presidential campaign forum

"I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage primarily because of my understandings of the traditional definitions of marriage. But I also think you're right that attitudes evolve, including mine." -- Obama's statement during an interview with bloggers on Oct. 27, 2010

"It is important for me personally to go ahead and affirm that same-sex couples should be able to get married." -- Obama's statement in an interview May 9, 2012, with ABC News

Read more: Obama's past statements on same-sex marriage | Fox News

obviously you think a dick tater would do the trick.

Actually, I'm a pretty big fan of the system we've got.

You know - a Republic, not a Democracy. A system where we elect people who we think represent us - rather than a system where everything is decided by popular opinion.

Somebody play him the rest of the clip.

Apparently there is no rest of the clip. Mudwhistle led me to believe that Obama wouldn't do anything on the Federal level? Can he, even?

Forum List

Back