“Obama’s economy” tanking this morning.

The consumer may have benefited from lower prices, but then lost their jobs or had to take a lower paying job when the company moved operations overseas to places like China, or outsourced their operations to places like China, India, Taiwan, Mexico, etc.
I heard just today that more Cadillacs were manufactured AND sold in China than manufactured AND sold in the US. Manufacturing will tend to move to the customers. In a global economy, protectionism is a game of Wack-a-Mole that will get you nowhere.
Who the hell buys Cadillacs?!

The consumer may have benefited from lower prices, but then lost their jobs or had to take a lower paying job when the company moved operations overseas to places like China, or outsourced their operations to places like China, India, Taiwan, Mexico, etc.
I heard just today that more Cadillacs were manufactured AND sold in China than manufactured AND sold in the US. Manufacturing will tend to move to the customers. In a global economy, protectionism is a game of Wack-a-Mole that will get you nowhere.

Then why can China, other parts of Asia, Europe and others get away with their protectionism (high tariffs) on our goods, but when we attempt to do it as a negotiating tool to get them to lower theirs, we're the wrong ones?

I think you're being intellectually dishonest, and just want to see Trump fail.

Liberals claim its Obama's economy when the market is up. When the market is down they claim its Trump's economy. Tune in next week when they flip flop again.
Trump has taken the reins of the economy by changing course and taking on China. If the tariffs work he alone should get the credit. If they don't he should get the blame, pure and simple. As an American, I hope his tactics work. Unfortunately I don't think very highly of his track record so far so I'm not optimistic.

At least Trump is trying to make these other countries trade fair and stop stealing from us. You would think the left who claim to support the poor and middle class would support Trump at least on this but no.
Nobody is stealing. Except Trump. We know that from the tax returns they found so far.
The answer is get better at competition, not shut down the game.

Do tell about Trump's tax returns. It is "stealing" to claim losses to offset gains?

Not if you are a Dem. If you are a Dem you can accept $500 million in taxpayer money from Obama, blow it all on solar panels and go bankrupt and the Dem's just shrug their shoulders as if its no big deal.

At least Trump is trying to make these other countries trade fair and stop stealing from us. You would think the left who claim to support the poor and middle class would support Trump at least on this but no.
Bush led us into war in Iraq and we're still paying the price for the horrendous decision. Trump led us into a trade 'war' and I'm worried the results will be the same. I wish Trump every success but he is playing a high-stakes game and I feel I'm one of his chips.

Its not a trade war to hold other countries who are ripping us off and stealing from us accountable.

China has been stealing from us for decades.
China has been selling us their goods at below market prices thanks to their subsidies. Sounds like they were doing us consumers a favor.

After you lose your job to China and your house and you go bankrupt return to the thread.

If you have the kind of job that can be taken by a mindless drone in China, you might want to reassess your life choices

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Only 20% of jobs lost went overseas, the rest were lost to automation and process improvements.

Also, according to the latest salary numbers manufacturing job pay below the average wage.

Why don't you Dem's run on that in the rust belt. Obama is that you?

Facts do not play well in campaigns...people want to be lied to, it makes them feel happy.

After you lose your job to China and your house and you go bankrupt return to the thread.
I'd wager more people have lost their jobs to automation than to China.

Quote by Confucius: “The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.”

Let’s connect the dots.
Had the Kenyan had the nutsack to leverage Americans into a better position on trade, Donny T wouldn’t be laying the smack-down on China like he is. Thanks Kenyan!

There was nothing wrong with our position on trade. Trump had all of his stuff made in China. This is a political stunt.

I'd wager more people have lost their jobs to automation than to China.

Quote by Confucius: “The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.”

It is not even close, less than 20% of the lost jobs went overseas. That is why even as jobs were lost production kept increasing

Liberals claim its Obama's economy when the market is up. When the market is down they claim its Trump's economy. Tune in next week when they flip flop again.
Trump has taken the reins of the economy by changing course and taking on China. If the tariffs work he alone should get the credit. If they don't he should get the blame, pure and simple. As an American, I hope his tactics work. Unfortunately I don't think very highly of his track record so far so I'm not optimistic.

Nobody is stealing. Except Trump. We know that from the tax returns they found so far.
The answer is get better at competition, not shut down the game.

Where in his tax returns was stealing found?

China has been selling us their goods at below market prices thanks to their subsidies. Sounds like they were doing us consumers a favor.

If you have the kind of job that can be taken by a mindless drone in China, you might want to reassess your life choices

Run with that in MI, WI, and PA good luck. :icon_rolleyes:

Run with that in MI, WI, and PA good luck. :icon_rolleyes:

As I said, truth does not play well in campaigns. Anyone telling the truth has no chance.

But it is a lesson I have taught my children as they looked for their professions.

Forum List

Back