“Obama’s economy” tanking this morning.

This trade war will end and the US will be in a MUCH better position because of it.
My prediction: China and the US will make some minor trade announcements that will amount to nothing. Both will declare victory to their own people and life will go on as before. Re: NAFTA vs USMCA

Markets are NOT the economy. Markets often swing widely due to emotion in reaction to whatever crisis the Media conjures up. When China compromises, and they will, or signal they will compromise, and they will, the markets will rebound strongly.

i was just about to make this thread,,,,who's economy will it be the next time we tank 1000 points? right?

Who started the trade war that tanked the market?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The causation principle....the Kenyan was a scared bitch...he didn’t have the nuts to ‘rock the boat’ with China...His nutlessness compelled a real leader to act...TA-DA!

Under the current trade deals we have...

Record setting sustained unemployment.

An on going record of the most consecutive months of positive job growth.

Two months shy of the record for the longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country.

More than a million more open positions than people to fill them.

Till the start of the trade war we had record setting financial markets.

Why do you want these things to end?

Haha...the ole “Americans can afford to get fucked so let them be fucked” sort of thing huh?

Please explain how each of the things I listed are examples of getting fucked.

Markets are NOT the economy. Markets often swing widely due to emotion in reaction to whatever crisis the Media conjures up. When China compromises, and they will, or signal they will compromise, and they will, the markets will rebound strongly.
Markets can be the economy

Let’s hope this is a momentary reaction

At least Trump is trying to make these other countries trade fair and stop stealing from us. You would think the left who claim to support the poor and middle class would support Trump at least on this but no.
Bush led us into war in Iraq and we're still paying the price for the horrendous decision. Trump led us into a trade 'war' and I'm worried the results will be the same. I wish Trump every success but he is playing a high-stakes game and I feel I'm one of his chips.

This trade war will end and the US will be in a MUCH better position because of it.

So you know more about the U.S. economy than the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?

Yes or no, please?

Tariffs are the Wrong Approach

Tariffs to this extent won't stay in place. They are being used as a negotiation tactic. We have a massive trade deficit with China. That has to change, but China understandably likes it the way things are/were. Obama and many other past Presidents both Democrat and Republican allowed this to go on. It needs to stop. The US economy has the power and leverage to level the playing field. An agreement will be reached that will ultimately be much better for the US and not horrible for China, but either way, China will take a hit, as they should.

I will ask you again:

So you know more about the U.S. economy than the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and most of Wall Street (because both of those sources are saying the tariffs are a bad idea)?

Yes or no, please?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...706877db618_story.html?utm_term=.82b0bb2e6bf7

I agree that long term it isn't the way to go, but this won't be long term. BTW, notice the link you sent from the Chamber of Commerce has a map showing the impact of tariffs but it hasn't been added to include the tariffs on China. They seem to be for Canada and the EU only. These tariffs were implemented over a year ago. How has our economy been doing since that time? Yes, I disagree with the Chamber of Commerce and certainly disagree with the opinion piece from the ultra-liberal Washington Post.

The Washington Post article was just an example. Clearly, you can see the markets plummeting on this trade nonsense.

Fine...so you think you know more about this subject then most of Wall Street and (right leaning) U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Quick Take: Your Primer on Trump’s China Tariffs

There is no point in talking to someone if they are going to assume they know more then true experts in the field.

I don't care who you are - I guarantee that you do not know more then most of Wall Street and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce about tariffs and their effect on the United States economy.

Hell, Trump - who started this mess - does not even know what a tariff is.

Fox News Turns On Trump And Shatters His Lie That China Pays Tariffs

We are done here (for now).

Good day.

Last edited:
At least Trump is trying to make these other countries trade fair and stop stealing from us. You would think the left who claim to support the poor and middle class would support Trump at least on this but no.
Bush led us into war in Iraq and we're still paying the price for the horrendous decision. Trump led us into a trade 'war' and I'm worried the results will be the same. I wish Trump every success but he is playing a high-stakes game and I feel I'm one of his chips.

I'm no Bush fan, but let's be honest. The war in Iraq was a bi-partisan decision voted for my both Republicans and Democrats in Congress including Hillary, and Kerry. This occurred because the ENTIRE international and domestic U.S. intelligence community told us and our allies there were WMD's in Iraq.

If they had not acted and Saddam used them, then we would have been accused of being asleep at the switch. They really had no choice.

However, we should have been out of Iraq, and Afghanistan long ago, but Obama escalated both. Address that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
China has been stealing from us for decades.
China has been selling us their goods at below market prices thanks to their subsidies. Sounds like they were doing us consumers a favor.

The consumer may have benefited from lower prices, but then lost their jobs or had to take a lower paying job when the company moved operations overseas to places like China, or outsourced their operations to places like China, India, Taiwan, Mexico, etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
D6-GDc7-LX4-AAk4f-M.jpg

China has been selling us their goods at below market prices thanks to their subsidies. Sounds like they were doing us consumers a favor.

The consumer may have benefited from lower prices, but then lost their jobs or had to take a lower paying job when the company moved operations overseas to places like China, or outsourced their operations to places like China, India, Taiwan, Mexico, etc.
Exactly, but what good does cheap chineese products do Americans when they have less money because their jobs all moved to communist china?

Only 20% of jobs lost went overseas, the rest were lost to automation and process improvements.

Also, according to the latest salary numbers manufacturing job pay below the average wage.

So you know more about the U.S. economy than the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?

Yes or no, please?

Tariffs to this extent won't stay in place. They are being used as a negotiation tactic. We have a massive trade deficit with China. That has to change, but China understandably likes it the way things are/were. Obama and many other past Presidents both Democrat and Republican allowed this to go on. It needs to stop. The US economy has the power and leverage to level the playing field. An agreement will be reached that will ultimately be much better for the US and not horrible for China, but either way, China will take a hit, as they should.

I will ask you again:

So you know more about the U.S. economy than the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and most of Wall Street (because both of those sources are saying the tariffs are a bad idea)?

Yes or no, please?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...706877db618_story.html?utm_term=.82b0bb2e6bf7

I agree that long term it isn't the way to go, but this won't be long term. BTW, notice the link you sent from the Chamber of Commerce has a map showing the impact of tariffs but it hasn't been added to include the tariffs on China. They seem to be for Canada and the EU only. These tariffs were implemented over a year ago. How has our economy been doing since that time? Yes, I disagree with the Chamber of Commerce and certainly disagree with the opinion piece from the ultra-liberal Washington Post.

The Washington Post article was just an example. Clearly, you can see the markets plummeting on this trade nonsense.

Fine...so you think you know more about this subject then most of Wall Street and (right leaning) U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Quick Take: Your Primer on Trump’s China Tariffs

There is no point in talking to someone if they are going to assume they know more then true experts in the field.

I don't care who you are - I guarantee that you do not know more then most of Wall Street and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce about tariffs and their effect on the United States economy.

Hell, Trump - who started this mess - does not even know what a tariff is.

Fox News Turns On Trump And Shatters His Lie That China Pays Tariffs

Good day.

Yes, the markets are down on the news. They will come back. It is a good buying opportunity. We shall see who is right.

I'm no Bush fan, but let's be honest. The war in Iraq was a bi-partisan decision voted for my both Republicans and Democrats in Congress including Hillary, and Kerry. This occurred because the ENTIRE international and domestic U.S. intelligence community told us and our allies there were WMD's in Iraq.

If they had not acted and Saddam used them, then we would have been accused of being asleep at the switch. They really had no choice.

However, we should have been out of Iraq, and Afghanistan long ago, but Obama escalated both. Address that.
You're rewriting history.

Let’s connect the dots.
Had the Kenyan had the nutsack to leverage Americans into a better position on trade, Donny T wouldn’t be laying the smack-down on China like he is. Thanks Kenyan!

President Obama negotiated the Trans Pacific Partnership which addressed many of the issues that Trump says he wants to renegotiate, and which China had previously agreed to under TPP. All of this WOULD have been dealt with two years ago when the TPP was signed, but instead of inviting China to the negotiating table, Trump pulled out of the TPP and slapped tariff's on Chinese imports to the USA, tariff's that are paid by American consumers of Chinese goods, not by the Chinese themselves, in the hopes of getting Americans to STOP buying Chinese goods that Americans can no longer produce.

So once again, Trump tossed out a trade deal without bothering to read it, because he wanted to wreck anything Obama did. America doesn't have a rich Daddy who can bail it out of this fiscal mess Donald Trump is creating of the US economy. The Biggest Loser businessman in American history, and the businessman with the most business bankrtupcies and business lawsuits in history, is going to save the US economy. Yeah right. Right after the pigs do a flyover on the 4th of July.

Let’s connect the dots.
Had the Kenyan had the nutsack to leverage Americans into a better position on trade, Donny T wouldn’t be laying the smack-down on China like he is. Thanks Kenyan!

President Obama negotiated the Trans Pacific Partnership which addressed many of the issues that Trump says he wants to renegotiate, and which China had previously agreed to under TPP. All of this WOULD have been dealt with two years ago when the TPP was signed, but instead of inviting China to the negotiating table, Trump pulled out of the TPP and slapped tariff's on Chinese imports to the USA, tariff's that are paid by American consumers of Chinese goods, not by the Chinese themselves, in the hopes of getting Americans to STOP buying Chinese goods that Americans can no longer produce.

So once again, Trump tossed out a trade deal without bothering to read it, because he wanted to wreck anything Obama did. America doesn't have a rich Daddy who can bail it out of this fiscal mess Donald Trump is creating of the US economy. The Biggest Loser businessman in American history, and the businessman with the most business bankrtupcies and business lawsuits in history, is going to save the US economy. Yeah right. Right after the pigs do a flyover on the 4th of July.
Horseshit.

You're rewriting history.

Wikipedia is not a valid source. It is known to be very left biased. The real history, and I lived through it, and observed it daily is that the widely believed, and evidenced INTEL was there were WMD's, and there probably were and Saddam had them moved.

I heard just today that more Cadillacs were manufactured AND sold in China than manufactured AND sold in the US. Manufacturing will tend to move to the customers. In a global economy, protectionism is a game of Wack-a-Mole that will get you nowhere.

Forum List

Back