obama's christmas tree tax

It is sourced material. You have been lied to. Doesn't it bother you when you are lied to?

Oh yes, the ACLU suing the shit out of anyone who dares to display a manger scene at Christmas, making kids sing songs WITHOUT the word CHRISTMAS in it, is all no big deal.. The only morons who believe liberal propaganda and tripe are the types of LOSERS who make up the OWIES violent movement.

I've got to hand it to you, Slingerland. Everything is certainly black and white with you, and you stick to it.
How dare you slander a quality Drum company by equating it to her!

slingft.jpg

Isn't that the 15 cent a tree tax that growers will pay to help fund an advertising campaign to encourage people to buy live Christmas Trees?

Isn't that the 15 cent a tree tax that growers will pay to help fund an advertising campaign to encourage people to buy live Christmas Trees?
Yep. But no matter how many times that fact is posted, the rightwingloons will ignore it.

They can't help themselves.

That's right, so now the CON$ will flip-flop and condemn Obama for being against supporting Christmas by canceling the tax.

Yep. But no matter how many times that fact is posted, the rightwingloons will ignore it.

They can't help themselves.
Give them time, CON$ will soon call canceling the Christmas Tree Support Tax a "War on Christmas." :lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...tion-to-delay-new-15-cent-christmas-tree-fee/

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is going to delay implementation and revisit a proposed new 15 cent fee on fresh-cut Christmas trees, sources tell ABC News. The fee, requested by the National Christmas Tree Association in 2009, was first announced in the Federal Registry yesterday and has generated criticism of President Obama from conservative media outlets. The well-trafficked Drudge Report is leading with the story, linking to a blog by David Addington, a former top aide to then-Vice President David Addington, at the conservative Heritage Foundation assailing the president thus: “The economy is barely growing and nine percent of the American people have no jobs. Is a new tax on Christmas trees the best President Obama can do? And, by the way, the American Christmas tree has a great image that doesn’t need any help from the government.”

Ah. A cease fire!

Obama Administration announces a stand down in attacks on Christmas Trees.
Good. I was already planning on NOT purchasing a live tree for an extra 15% so that they can promote themselves.

Administration will not impose Christmas tree "tax."

The fee, requested by the National Christmas Tree Association in 2009, was first announced in the Federal Registry on Tuesday.

White House spokesman Matt Lehrich told ABC News that the fee was never intended as a tax.

“I can tell you unequivocally that the Obama Administration is not taxing Christmas trees," he said. "What’s being talked about here is an industry group deciding to impose fees on itself to fund a promotional campaign, similar to how the dairy producers have created the ‘Got Milk?’ campaign.”

Got Milk? Beef it's whats for dinner!

Hahahahahahaha

Is that a Yule tree up your ass?

Big Government is so damn stupid. More businesses will go under and more people will lose their jobs. I just don't see why anyone would support these kinds of absurdities. "ALL HAIL BIG GOVERMENT!!!" i guess. These people are so lost. And if these growers "agreed" to be taxed,what will happen if some other growers decide not to pay the tax? Is it a Government imposed tax or not? Doesn't look like it's voluntary. So lets see some growers refuse to pay this "Tax/Fee" and then we'll know the truth.

Last edited:
Big Government is so damn stupid. More businesses will go under and more people will lose their jobs. I just don't see why anyone would support these kinds of absurdities. "ALL HAIL BIG GOVERMENT!!!" Thes people are so lost.

Are you even paying attention? Or did you just take the misleading thread title at its face value?

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10)."

because you know, without the government, no one would buy a christmas tree. :rofl:

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax

wtf?

Okay, that settles it, we will not be buying a fresh tree this year. Thanks.

you really can't make shit this stupid up. fee free to defend it; i could use a laugh

"President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10)."

because you know, without the government, no one would buy a christmas tree. :rofl:

wtf?

May I suggest one of those nice artificial trees made in China?

That will stick it to Obama

Big Government is so damn stupid. More businesses will go under and more people will lose their jobs. I just don't see why anyone would support these kinds of absurdities. "ALL HAIL BIG GOVERMENT!!!" Thes people are so lost.

Are you even paying attention? Or did you just take the misleading thread title at its face value?

You edited my comment therefore misquoting me. Read the rest of my comment.

wtf?

May I suggest one of those nice artificial trees made in China?

That will stick it to Obama

No thanks, I think I'll use what we already have. I was gonna get a real one for my son's apartment, but now I'm thinking of making one out of something.....

Please note for the record that we are now over 150 posts deep in a thread criticizing Obama, with his name right there in the title, but we haven't had a single post from the die-hard Obamaphiles: truthmatters, rdean, synthaholic, or sallow.

That should tell you something right there. :eusa_whistle:

Oh so it's a completely voluntary "Tax/Fee?" Seriously,are the Big Government folks really spinning it that way? If it's a voluntary Tax/Fee,the Government shouldn't be looking to fine or imprison anyone who doesn't pay it right? But i'll believe that when i see it. No Government Tax/Fee is voluntary.

Forum List

Back