Obamanomics

well, i'm pretty sure we're not thnking of the pipeline as OUR infrastructure.

our infrastructure is bridges, roads, trains, etc., all of which are in dire need of repair.

Pipelines are infrastructure.

In the United States.

I responded to that.

thanks. :thup:

it's about 40 permanent jobs in the US. and me? I think environmentally it was a train wreck.

List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The transfer of oil via the railroad is damn scary, particularly through densely populated urban areas.

And that's what's going to happen.

The crude is still going to come out of the ground. But instead of it being transported into America by pipeline, it's going to be transported by rail or tankers.

The Keystone presser

"The Keystone pipeline isn't good for the economy. It won't create many jobs."

Immediately followed by

"What would create jobs is an infrastructure program."

Wow.

:clap:

Outstanding.
He's right. Keystone would help the Canadian economy and give the US a mere 40 or so jobs. Better to spend on ourselves, and that includes infrastructure of our own.

^^^ speaking of stupidity. It would create several thousand high paying union construction jobs, that's why unions have been pissed the leftist asshole won't approve it.

our infrastructure is bridges, roads, trains, etc., all of which are in dire need of repair.

In the United States.

I responded to that.

it's about 40 permanent jobs in the US. and me? I think environmentally it was a train wreck.

List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The transfer of oil via the railroad is damn scary, particularly through densely populated urban areas.

I agree with that. I think we should be exploring alternative energies.

i'd probably support nuclear energy if we had a means to assure the safe transit of waste and protect the safety of the areas surrounding nuclear plants. I had a neighbor who came from Chernobyl. he died of cancer of few years ago.

The Keystone presser

Immediately followed by

Wow.

Outstanding.
He's right. Keystone would help the Canadian economy and give the US a mere 40 or so jobs. Better to spend on ourselves, and that includes infrastructure of our own.

^^^ speaking of stupidity. It would create several thousand high paying union construction jobs, that's why unions have been pissed the leftist asshole won't approve it.

you don't care about construction jobs or you'd be supporting jobs programs working on our bridges and tunnels and trains, etc.

In the United States.

I responded to that.

The crude is still going to come out of the ground. But instead of it being transported into America by pipeline, it's going to be transported by rail or tankers.
Canadians shouldn't even be sending that crap to the US. Let them build their own refineries.

Last edited:

In the United States.

I responded to that.

Canadians shouldn't even be sending that crap to the US. Let them build their own refineries.

it's my understanding it wouldn't even be for our own use but would go to the multinational oil companies and go to where ever they feel like sending it.

That's what the Canadian Left would like also.

And that's what might eventually happen.

The American refineries want it, though.

The real reason why this has been stopped is because US environmentalists don't want the Oil Sands mined. It will have virtually zero effect on the environment because it's coming out of the ground regardless of Keystone.

In the United States.

I responded to that.

crude? what crude ?

In the United States.

I responded to that.

it's my understanding it wouldn't even be for our own use but would go to the multinational oil companies and go to where ever they feel like sending it.
Yep. So the entire thing is pointless. We aren't in the business of boosting the Canadian economy.

roads and bridges are infrastructure that we can't live without vs that pipeline which we can live without..

That's a different argument, though.

What the President said was that this infrastructure project wouldn't create jobs. Then, literally in the very next breath, he said we should support an infrastructure bill because it would create jobs.

FTR I think we should have an infrastructure bill. But for Obama to contradict himself literally in the very next sentence is staggering.

The Keystone presser

Immediately followed by

Wow.

Outstanding.

you don't care about construction jobs or you'd be supporting jobs programs working on our bridges and tunnels and trains, etc.

Don't flap your lips at me lib its the Democratic party unions who are upset about this. Hey they can always get an Obama job flipping burgers. Got nothing to say? Yeah I thought so crawl away and lick your wounds.

That's what the Canadian Left would like also.

And that's what might eventually happen.

The American refineries want it, though.

The real reason why this has been stopped is because US environmentalists don't want the Oil Sands mined. It will have virtually zero effect on the environment because it's coming out of the ground regardless of Keystone.
American refineries will do anything to make a profit. That's why their safety record is so bad and why their are so many explosions at refineries.

The Keystone presser

Immediately followed by

Wow.

Outstanding.

Was it not shovel ready the way those others Obama supported were?

The Keystone presser

Immediately followed by

Wow.

Outstanding.

There are many pipelines already in use every day. Some pipelines are over 50 years old and have had no problems at all.

The Keystone presser

Immediately followed by

Wow.

Outstanding.
btw, can you link this? I can't find a transcript of his speech or anyone reporting those comments. TIA :)

Forum List

Back