Obamacare just ruined my life

I just received a letter from my job stating that no one will be working more than 30 hours a week.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time. Each hour I work averages an ADDITIONAL $ 11.25 in tips.

This means each week I will now be losing (20)(11.25) + (10)(10.50) + (10)(16.25) dollars per week.

I will now be losing an average of $ 492.50 per week.

This is nearly $ 2,000 per month.

Almost $24,000 a year ($ 23,640)

I can no longer afford my own private healthcare coverage --- thanks to Obamacare.

I will also have to find a second job, and DROP two classes at Stony Brook University.

So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

My life has been ruined by the parasites.

Obamacare just ruined my life.

So it's Obama's fault that your employer doesn't consider you a key enough person to make sure you have health care?

Seriously?

Because the last time I worked for $10.50 an hour, it was 1996.

You self centered ass wipes,think money grows on trees.

No....we think it grows in banks. As long as we don't let nutters make the rules.

Just think......the dude who waits tables t the joint down the street will also have his hours cut.....2A can go down there and pick up 20 hours. Easy as pie.

Maybe your employer is hiring more people so he doesn't have to pay all that overtime.

I'm convinced that none of you actually have hourly jobs, and are so out of touch with average American workers. These responses are so naive.

Maybe you could resist the urge to demonize employers for enough time to realize the facts of this law, and the real reason employers are no longer allowing workers to work more than THIRTY hours weekly. I'll go out on a limb and assume you know what overtime is.

Maybe your employer is hiring more people so he doesn't have to pay all that overtime.

I'm convinced that none of you actually have hourly jobs, and are so out of touch with average American workers. These responses are so naive.

Maybe you could resist the urge to demonize employers for enough time to realize the facts of this law, and the real reason employers are no longer allowing workers to work more than THIRTY hours weekly. I'll go out on a limb and assume you know what overtime is.

Hey, the only good job is a GOVERNMENT job.

Private employers are rich and evil and smell stinky.

And the government cares 'n stuff.

I just received a letter from my job stating that no one will be working more than 30 hours a week.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time. Each hour I work averages an ADDITIONAL $ 11.25 in tips.

This means each week I will now be losing (20)(11.25) + (10)(10.50) + (10)(16.25) dollars per week.

I can no longer afford my own private healthcare coverage --- thanks to Obamacare.

I will also have to find a second job, and DROP two classes at Stony Brook University.

So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Get that second job and pull up those bootstraps! You AREa real American, ain't ya?

This is a perfect insight into the mind of a liberal. Spread the misery and suffering around. Enact laws that lowers American worker's wages.

Vindictive, immature sociopaths.

There is a coming backlash that the left is desperately attempting to manage.

There is a coming backlash? Why don't you tell us in what form this backlash will be so we can give you credit for your insight.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time...

10 + 12= 48??

thank God you're not a math teacher.

This wouldn't happen under a national health care system which all other advanced countries have.

Yeah, you'd just be one step away from being a gelding.

Immie

Didn't think you were such a fan of that strawman, too.

No employer is going to continue providing insurance with Obama care in force. I am probably one of the few people who read that bill cover to cover. The largest claim it will pay is $10,000. So if you get a $500,000 cancer or have to have a $100,000 hospitalization for surgery or other illness and that is actually a low cost hospitalization, you will be shit out of luck.

[MENTION=42689]The2ndAmendment[/MENTION]

Check with your school about insurance. John Hancock has a fabulous major medical plan for students. And it is cheap. Sadly most schools do not make their students aware of it. You can put the whole family on it.

Last edited:

Didn't think you were such a fan of that strawman, too.

Which one? I tossed out three straw men there.

:rock:

You make sure that you send that note of thanks to your Democrat Congresscritter and your Union Leaders.

Or if it's a Republican Congresscritter, urge him/her to actually work with the other side of the aisle to work on fixes that have so far not been taken up by the House, because whether Teabaggers like it or not, it's the law.
I guess it is too much to ask that Democrats actually work with the Republicans. After all, the Republicans have been passing legislation that does no harm to the every day citizen who works for a living.

The same cannot be said about the Democrats and Obamacare.

..So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

why is your employer CHOOSING to cut your hours?

Because his employer wants to remain in business. My employer has, HAD, 60 fulltime employees. Factor in providing health insurance to each of them and it is not financial feasable.

His employer, like mine, is CHOOSING to REMAIN IN BUSINESS by reducing the number of fulltime employees.

This law has incentatived reducing workers hours.

But this is basic stuff to anyone running a business right now, and the fact that these concepts are so foriegn so someone liberals on this thread demostrates how out of touch they are with what if happening, what I like to call REALITY.

..So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

To not do so means EVERYONE will lose their hours, permanently.

Not to difficult to figure out that Obamacare will bankrupt most small businesses unless they make these kinds of choices.

Of course. the employees may not have been getting rich at this job, but they at least had the hours they wanted.

Why do you people think it is the fault of the business when government places unreasonable and unreasoned demands upon their business model?

Because his employer wants to remain in business. My employer has, HAD, 60 fulltime employees. Factor in providing health insurance to each of them and it is not financial feasable.

His employer, like mine, is CHOOSING to REMAIN IN BUSINESS by reducing the number of fulltime employees.

This law has incentatived reducing workers hours.

But this is basic stuff to anyone running a business right now, and the fact that these concepts are so foriegn so someone liberals on this thread demostrates how out of touch they are with what if happening, what I like to call REALITY.

You work full time and don't have employer sponsored insurance?

Forum List

Back