Obamacare just ruined my life

Guess somebody needs to pick himself up by his bootstraps, then.

This is the cookie-cutter response from our 'friends' on the left. Not one person has addressed the undeniable fact that the Affordable Care Act having several unintended consequences, I am being an optimist saying unintended, that are hurting American workers and driving insurance premiums higher.

The employer healthcare mandate was delayed until 2015.

Yes....but 2a's employer wants to go through the hassle of hiring a bunch of new part time workers anyway. Placing ads, interviewing, background checks, uniforms, training, HR people LOVE that shit. They love having to hire and manage two people instead of one.

Wouldn't you?

Guess somebody needs to pick himself up by his bootstraps, then.

This is the cookie-cutter response from our 'friends' on the left. Not one person has addressed the undeniable fact that the Affordable Care Act having several unintended consequences, I am being an optimist saying unintended, that are hurting American workers and driving insurance premiums higher.

Helloooooooo!

We are making fun of nutters who say this all the time when people discuss income inequality.

You are missing the sarcasm. Shit.

You make sure that you send that note of thanks to your Democrat Congresscritter and your Union Leaders.

Or if it's a Republican Congresscritter, urge him/her to actually work with the other side of the aisle to work on fixes that have so far not been taken up by the House, because whether Teabaggers like it or not, it's the law.

OMG and I thought all you right wingers were get up and go kinda people, you know work hard, stumble a little now and then, but get back and make it work. Guess I was wrong as this seems to me nothing really, suppose you lost your job to India as millions of Americans have, do you now feel for them? Don't cry for me.....

Interested parties who are not right wing whiners, and there seem to be lots of them, check out 'The Betrayal of the American Dream' by Donald L. Barlett, James B. Steele.

You might be butthurt at having to taste your own medicine.

No, but American workers who are having their hours slashed, and desperate to find a second job who are about to have a sizable amount of 'tax' taken from them in their tax return are hurting.

This isn't about vindictiveness, but it certainly is with you.

I'm sure Obama's response to those hurting would be the same as yours.

Please....stop. You are failing to comprehend my words. What you think....and what is.....are two different things. You fucking idiot nutter.

You are pathetic. "you fucking idiot nutter"? You've only shown to be someone with nothing to contribute. These people are so predictable. All of their posts are repetitive and childish.

Not one, NOT ONE, has addressed the issue of the thread. Just insults about another's income and job, name calling--immaturity at its finest.

Last edited:
This is a perfect insight into the mind of a liberal. Spread the misery and suffering around. Enact laws that lowers American worker's wages.

Vindictive, immature sociopaths.

There is a coming backlash that the left is desperately attempting to manage.

They revel is seeing a guy who wants to work overtime, who has been working overtime, having his life damaged by a completely trivial and arbitrary regulation in a massive bill written primarily by one party. They like it, they're having fun with it, they're laughing at him.

Maybe "sociopath" isn't too strong a word. It certainly is disturbing.

Or....maybe "they" just like using sarcasm to point out how idiotic nutter partisan talking points are.

Way to be insightful!

Perhaps you just aren't involved enough in the real world. Let me ask you this: are employers cutting workers hours or not?

That is the premise of the thread that you have not addressed, except maybe by dismissing it as talking points. You are showing yourself you be wholly ignorant of facts.

No, but American workers who are having their hours slashed, and desperate to find a second job who are about to have a sizable amount of 'tax' taken from them in their tax return are hurting.

This isn't about vindictiveness, but it certainly is with you.

I'm sure Obama's response to those hurting would be the same as yours.

Please....stop. You are failing to comprehend my words. What you think....and what is.....are two different things. You fucking idiot nutter.

You are pathetic. "you fucking idiot nutter"? You've only shown to be someone with nothing to contribute. These people are so predictable. All of there posts are repetitive and childish.

Not one, NOT ONE, has addressed the issue of the thread. Just insults about another's income and job, name calling--immaturity at its finest.

If you had picked up on my sarcasm....you would not have been called an idiot. Try harder.

The employer healthcare mandate was delayed until 2015.

Yes....but 2a's employer wants to go through the hassle of hiring a bunch of new part time workers anyway. Placing ads, interviewing, background checks, uniforms, training, HR people LOVE that shit. They love having to hire and manage two people instead of one.

Wouldn't you?

This is an anonymous internet story with no evidence provided to back it up.

I declare it innocent until proven guilty, i.e.,

innocent of being true.

I just received a letter from my job stating that no one will be working more than 30 hours a week.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time. Each hour I work averages an ADDITIONAL $ 11.25 in tips.

This means each week I will now be losing (20)(11.25) + (10)(10.50) + (10)(16.25) dollars per week.

I will now be losing an average of $ 492.50 per week.

This is nearly $ 2,000 per month.

Almost $24,000 a year ($ 23,640)

I can no longer afford my own private healthcare coverage --- thanks to Obamacare.

I will also have to find a second job, and DROP two classes at Stony Brook University.

So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

My life has been ruined by the parasites.

Obamacare just ruined my life.

This wouldn't happen under a national health care system which all other advanced countries have.

Last edited:
Your current company is just as much to blame as ObamaCare.

How is that,this should be a good one.
How do you conclude that?

Until acted upon by an outside force, this company was doing okay by its employees.

I suppose in your world, any amount of cost to a business should just be tolerated for the sake of other people's twisted notion of 'social justice'.

They revel is seeing a guy who wants to work overtime, who has been working overtime, having his life damaged by a completely trivial and arbitrary regulation in a massive bill written primarily by one party. They like it, they're having fun with it, they're laughing at him.

Maybe "sociopath" isn't too strong a word. It certainly is disturbing.

Or....maybe "they" just like using sarcasm to point out how idiotic nutter partisan talking points are.

Way to be insightful!

Perhaps you just aren't involved enough in the real world. Let me ask you this: are employers cutting workers hours or not?

That is the premise of the thread that you have not addressed, except maybe by dismissing it as talking points. You are showing yourself you be wholly ignorant of facts.

Sure they are. They have been for a long time to avoid paying benefits. The American worker has been getting screwed since the 70's due to the weakening of unions and the off shoring of jobs. Real wages have not increased for 20 years. Reduced pay, reduced benefits........all long before the GOP inspired Obamacare became law.

Now...some employers are using Obamacare.....with a mandate that is more than a year away....as an excuse to keep on fucking over workers and they get to make a political point at the same time.

I don't buy it.

You want to have an adult discussion.....start being an adult.

Your current company is just as much to blame as ObamaCare.

How is that,this should be a good one.
How do you conclude that?

Until acted upon by an outside force, this company was doing okay by its employees.

I suppose in your world, any amount of cost to a business should just be tolerated for the sake of other people's twisted notion of 'social justice'.

How do you know what the 'outside force' was?

I just received a letter from my job stating that no one will be working more than 30 hours a week.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time. Each hour I work averages an ADDITIONAL $ 11.25 in tips.

This means each week I will now be losing (20)(11.25) + (10)(10.50) + (10)(16.25) dollars per week.

I will now be losing an average of $ 492.50 per week.

This is nearly $ 2,000 per month.

Almost $24,000 a year ($ 23,640)

I can no longer afford my own private healthcare coverage --- thanks to Obamacare.

I will also have to find a second job, and DROP two classes at Stony Brook University.

So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

My life has been ruined by the parasites.

Obamacare just ruined my life.

So it's Obama's fault that your employer doesn't consider you a key enough person to make sure you have health care?

Seriously?

Because the last time I worked for $10.50 an hour, it was 1996.

You self centered ass wipes,think money grows on trees.

In the previously deleted thread, all the Authoritarian scumbags were delighted that I'd be forced to get foodstamps and medicaid.

Instead of trying to create a prosperous America, they revealed their hate, spite and contempt for the working people, and made their intentions known, that they wish to drag us down with them.

Forced? When you need It its forced...When others its because they are lazy.

Stop being lazy

Until I can find a second job, it is forced.

Isn't America a great country where we can work 2 or 3 jobs?

Way to be insightful!

Sure they are. They have been for a long time to avoid paying benefits. The American worker has been getting screwed since the 70's due to the weakening of unions and the off shoring of jobs. Real wages have not increased for 20 years. Reduced pay, reduced benefits........all long before the GOP inspired Obamacare became law.

Now...some employers are using Obamacare.....with a mandate that is more than a year away....as an excuse to keep on fucking over workers and they get to make a political point at the same time.

I don't buy it.

Actually, being an adult and having an adult conversation involves acknowledging that a business runs on a model and that another persons idea of 'social justice' is only so much whining.

How about a real adult conversation and lets talk about ways in which individuals can care for themselves without forcing others out of their own livelihood.

Way to be insightful!

I don't buy it.

So employers actually enforcing the law, which BY LAW IS SUPPOSED TO ALREADY BE IN PLACE, is a way to make a politcal point.

That point being, this law is going to cause harm to American workers.

Way to be insightful!

I don't buy it.

The guy calling people 'fucking nutters' wants others to starting being an adult and have an adult discussion. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back