Obama: "We're OUTTA HERE!!"

I think many are missing the point as to why U.S. troops are leaving Iraq by December 31, 2011:

Obama announces U.S. troops leaving Iraq by year's end

The Associated Press
Date: Fri. Oct. 21 2011

In recent months, Washington had been discussing with Iraqi leaders the possibility of several thousand American troops remaining to continue training Iraqi security forces.

Throughout the discussions, Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the Americans refused to stay without that guarantee.

Moreover, Iraq's leadership has been split on whether it wanted American forces to stay.

When the 2008 agreement requiring all U.S. forces to leave Iraq was passed, many U.S. officials assumed it would inevitably be renegotiated so that Americans could stay longer.

The U.S. said repeatedly this year it would entertain an offer from the Iraqis to have a small force stay behind, and the Iraqis said they would like American military help. But as the year wore on and the number of American troops that Washington was suggesting could stay behind dropped, it became increasingly clear that a U.S. troop presence was not a sure thing.

The issue of legal protection for the Americans was the deal-breaker.

More: Obama announces U.S. troops leaving Iraq by year's end - CTV News

As I understand it, Obama could have left troops in Iraq past year-end - but because Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts - Obama is pulling them out. Thank you, Mr. President.

That's nice spin for the fact that Obama's administration didn't have the diplomatic leverage to get immunity for our soldiers.

I think many are missing the point as to why U.S. troops are leaving Iraq by December 31, 2011:

Obama announces U.S. troops leaving Iraq by year's end

The Associated Press
Date: Fri. Oct. 21 2011

In recent months, Washington had been discussing with Iraqi leaders the possibility of several thousand American troops remaining to continue training Iraqi security forces.

Throughout the discussions, Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the Americans refused to stay without that guarantee.

Moreover, Iraq's leadership has been split on whether it wanted American forces to stay.

When the 2008 agreement requiring all U.S. forces to leave Iraq was passed, many U.S. officials assumed it would inevitably be renegotiated so that Americans could stay longer.

The U.S. said repeatedly this year it would entertain an offer from the Iraqis to have a small force stay behind, and the Iraqis said they would like American military help. But as the year wore on and the number of American troops that Washington was suggesting could stay behind dropped, it became increasingly clear that a U.S. troop presence was not a sure thing.

The issue of legal protection for the Americans was the deal-breaker.

As I understand it, Obama could have left troops in Iraq past year-end - but because Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts - Obama is pulling them out. Thank you, Mr. President.

That's nice spin for the fact that Obama's administration didn't have the diplomatic leverage to get immunity for our soldiers.

I would have thought the TROOPS would have been sufficient "leverage"... Should Obama have offered them a few more billion dollars in additional to TROOPS...?

How would you have negotiated it...? Or would you just invade again like the Bush boys?

Last edited:

I would have thought the TROOPS would have been sufficient "leverage"... Should Obama have offered them a few more billion dollars in additional to TROOPS...?

How would you have negotiated it...? Or would you just invade again like the Bush boys?

I'm not claiming to have the skills and resources needed to shore up the gains we've made in the region.

But then again, I never claimed I should be president.

obama officially sacrifices all our efforts, our national security, our national interests, and his reelection hopes to a desperate, irresponsible stunt. We cannot afford in any way to let this fool occupy such an important office one minute longer than necessary. This idiot will slink back to Chicago next year but we may well pay for his feckless irresponsibility for a long time to come.

"As right-wing pundits decry the end of one US war and the conduct of another, they'd do well to consider the case of Sgt. 1st Class Kristoffer Bryan Domeij. The 10-year veteran of the elite Army Rangers was killed, along with two of his comrades, in an IED attack in Afghanistan on October 22. But Domeij's situation was special: He perished on his 14th war deployment since 2002.

domeij.jpg

Sgt. 1st Class Kristoffer Bryan Domeij

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWGpLCeRfY8]John Kerry Testimony: "The Last Man to Die for a Mistake" - Vietnam War Hearing Part 2 (1971) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 2009 again?
Uhhhhhhhhhhh......maybe you hadn't heard.

We had an election, in 2008.

Obama WON!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]Right America Feeling Wronged pt1 - YouTube[/ame]​

Enjoy it while it lasts, but the grownups are about to take over, and we dont wanna hear any whining from you guys afterwards.

Every person in that video was right to cry. They were right then and they're right now.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh......maybe you hadn't heard.

We had an election, in 2008.

Obama WON!!!!!

Right America Feeling Wronged pt1 - YouTube

Enjoy it while it lasts, but the grownups are about to take over, and we dont wanna hear any whining from you guys afterwards.

Every person in that video was right to cry. They were right then and they're right now.

Oh, they're WHIT....er.....RIGHT-WINGERS, alright!!

"As right-wing pundits decry the end of one US war and the conduct of another, they'd do well to consider the case of Sgt. 1st Class Kristoffer Bryan Domeij. The 10-year veteran of the elite Army Rangers was killed, along with two of his comrades, in an IED attack in Afghanistan on October 22. But Domeij's situation was special: He perished on his 14th war deployment since 2002.

I'm sure the Iranians and the Syrians are foaming out of their mouths, waiting for January 1, 2012 to arrive.

Another waste of American lives. The leftists got their way. They've been comparing the Iraq War to the Vietnam War for YEARS now.

The ONLY viable resemblance to the Vietnam War is the way the USA is, once again, leaving a free country completely vulnerable to attack by their hostile neighbors.

I can't wait to hear what the left wingnuts have to say after hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians are slaughtered by the Iranian and Syrian invaders. They sure were quick to blame the U.S. military for being responsible for Iraqi civilian deaths, weren't they!

Oh did you want us to die some more?

Sorry.

What's this "us" shit? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? Like you would ever protect and defend your country, you fool.

Forum List

Back