Obama: "We're OUTTA HERE!!"

Where does that say that I thought the Special Forces could take down the Iraqi Army? .

I didn't say that, YOU FUCKING MORON. Go back and read again.

To be frank it didn't take much to take down the Iraqi Army.

Not only did we do it in less than a month, but we defied Normal Military Standards and did it with a Force much Smaller than the Defenders. Normal Military Logic says you need 3 or 4 times more troops then the Defenders, and we did it with the Opposite %.

Where does that say that I thought the Special Forces could take down the Iraqi Army? .

Liar

You don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about

This coming from a numbskull who thinks he can just shout "special forces!" and accomplish any military goal anywhere in the world under any circumstances? Do yourself a favor and shut your stupid hole for a few minutes.

Immie

The battles for Fallujah were in 2003 and 2004. Before Iraq was fully subdued and the first battle was even before Saddam was captured.

The First Battle for Fallujah took place nearly a year after the defeated Iraqi army had been disbanded, idiot.

Victory there by US, UK, and Iraqi National Forces was a significant blow against the terrorist insurgency.

But no, you in all your military genius are just sure a small band of Special Forces could have taken care of it instead. ... :rolleyes:

There's the door if you want to start parsing, spinning, and dancing your way backward out of it.

To be frank it didn't take much to take down the Iraqi Army.

Not only did we do it in less than a month, but we defied Normal Military Standards and did it with a Force much Smaller than the Defenders. Normal Military Logic says you need 3 or 4 times more troops then the Defenders, and we did it with the Opposite %.

A testament to the quality, skill, and determination of our military and our allies.

Liar

You don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about

This coming from a numbskull who thinks he can just shout "special forces!" and accomplish any military goal anywhere in the world under any circumstances? Do yourself a favor and shut your stupid hole for a few minutes.

Immie

And you insinuated that it was what I said in the very first post you made in the thread:

We don't need ground troops there or anywhere in the ME. We've got the best Spec Op forces in the world and they are more than capable of taking out the terrorists whenever those slime balls lift up their heads.

Really? And without any kind of support, infrastructure, or base of operations they can just fly in like comic book super heroes and easily eliminate any group, nation, or movement just like that? Are you that naive?

Immie

Give me one good reason, besides Bush said we should be there, for us to be in Iraq today?

You should give thanks everyday that short-sighted fools like yourself are not responsible for your own safety or for stability in this world. The fact that ignorant morons like you are secure enough to play at historically illiterate fantasies says alot about the quality of your betters that allow you that luxury.

The battles for Fallujah were in 2003 and 2004. Before Iraq was fully subdued and the first battle was even before Saddam was captured.

The First Battle for Fallujah took place nearly a year after the defeated Iraqi army had been disbanded, idiot.

Victory there by US, UK, and Iraqi National Forces was a significant blow against the terrorist insurgency.

But no, you in all your military genius are just sure a small band of Special Forces could have taken care of it instead. ... :rolleyes:

There's the door if you want to start parsing, spinning, and dancing your way backward out of it.

The occupation of Fallujah took place in April of 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallujah_during_the_Iraq_War

Then in April of 2004 there was what was called "the first battle of Fallujah

First Battle of Fallujah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Followed by a third in November/December of 2004.

Second Battle of Fallujah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My God are you really this stupid to make the same lie again when you were proven to be a liar and you just moments ago claimed you had not said that and called me an F'ing moron for saying you did?

How stupid are you?

By the way, stop altering my posts. It is against the rules.

Immie

Last edited:
Give me one good reason, besides Bush said we should be there, for us to be in Iraq today?

You should give thanks everyday that short-sighted fools like yourself are not responsible for your own safety or for stability in this world. The fact that ignorant morons like you are secure enough to play at historically illiterate fantasies says alot about the quality of your betters that allow you that luxury.

Well, since you are clearly not one of my betters, I don't have to thank you.

Immie

I'd knew you'd start spinning and parsing soon enough. I don't blame you for feeling embarrassed.

Immie

No, I'm not. So no, you don't.

I'd knew you'd start spinning and parsing soon enough. I don't blame you for feeling embarrassed.

Who's feeling embarrassed?

You have not proven your point yet and you continue to post your lies. It is you that should be feeling embarrassed.

But, for the record, I did make an error on the comment about the "First Battle of Fallujah". I never said I was perfect. In fact, I haven't said I am right in regards to this discussion, but I am still waiting for you to come up with some reason why we need 50,000 soldiers to take out a few terrorists a year.

Still waiting and expect to be waiting for a hell of a long time.

Immie

Immie

No, I'm not. So no, you don't.

Now, can we get down to a legitimate discussion about this?

I would be more than happy to talk about why you think we still need all those soldiers in Iraq. I don't think we need them there today. I think they are corralled in Baghdad with targets on their backs and it is inefficient to leave them there.

There are many people who I have spoken to that have military backgrounds who disagree with me. They tell me if we left or if we leave it will cause a vacuum in the leadership of Iraq and we will be right back where we were with Saddam Hussein in just a matter of a few years.

It is my contention that this will happen anyway and that we are not accomplishing anything by staying there. I truly believe that our Spec Forces can handle the operations that get the terrorists cells as they are outed.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see "the mission" in Iraq. Maybe it is because I have lost faith in the powers that be in Washington that I think we are (God forbid it) wrong for trying to force our way of life on people who don't want anything to do with us.

I would like to apologize for my part in this argument and start over.

I fully expect that you have good reasons for disagreeing with me. I would be interested in reading those reasons. Maybe neither one of us will change the mind of the other, but there is nothing wrong with being open minded.

Immie

PS Maybe this would have worked if I had read the quoted post before I made my last post. :(

Last edited:
I think many are missing the point as to why U.S. troops are leaving Iraq by December 31, 2011:

Obama announces U.S. troops leaving Iraq by year's end

The Associated Press
Date: Fri. Oct. 21 2011

In recent months, Washington had been discussing with Iraqi leaders the possibility of several thousand American troops remaining to continue training Iraqi security forces.

Throughout the discussions, Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the Americans refused to stay without that guarantee.

Moreover, Iraq's leadership has been split on whether it wanted American forces to stay.

When the 2008 agreement requiring all U.S. forces to leave Iraq was passed, many U.S. officials assumed it would inevitably be renegotiated so that Americans could stay longer.

The U.S. said repeatedly this year it would entertain an offer from the Iraqis to have a small force stay behind, and the Iraqis said they would like American military help. But as the year wore on and the number of American troops that Washington was suggesting could stay behind dropped, it became increasingly clear that a U.S. troop presence was not a sure thing.

The issue of legal protection for the Americans was the deal-breaker.

More: Obama announces U.S. troops leaving Iraq by year's end - CTV News

As I understand it, Obama could have left troops in Iraq past year-end - but because Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts - Obama is pulling them out. Thank you, Mr. President.

Forum List

Back