Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

See that is just a misconception.. Why should money cost something??? Why should we have to pay for the things that should be free to all?

Money should be free to all? No wonder these loony libs have such a tough time understanding economics. They think money should be free to all.

I believe this poster is here pulling every one's chain.

Nah but he/she clearly has trouble making him/herself understood. From the rambling, disconnected posts I gather he/she doesn't really know much but desperately wants everyone to know it.

Yeah, right..That's exactly what I wrote.
The fact of the matter is our economy IS supply side,. And it works.
And of course you being a lib, completely evaded the issue of fiscal responsibility.
Oh, here's an idea..Limit the spending on those "programs"....
I'll go even one step further. Given that much of social spending is non discretionary which means each fiscal year the budget must be maintained and typically with baseline budgeting, there are mandated yearly increases that are independent of the actual amount spent, why not simply decrease the annual increase?
Look, for the sake of argument I will stipulate the situation is as dire as you claim.....so,instead of providing a virtual blank check, have independent auditors go through the books of these departments and cut the fat. Get rid of all unnecessary spending. Cut unproductive staff. And here's the easiest one. Cut expenses.
For example. Instead of having to fill out endless amounts of forms that go through multiple levels in a chain of command to buy a box of paper clips, send someone to the closest Walmart and buy them for one tenth the price?.....
The problem with government is that it is too full of itself.
We have a myriad of departments which are staffed by managers, supervisors, forepersons, team leaders all of which have assistants who report to other people. These people have to justify their employment. So the managers come up with policies and procedures that are triple and quadruple redundant.
You lefties bitch and moan about defense spending because 40 years ago you heard about $1200 toilet seats and $600 screwdrivers....Well here's a newsflash, Every single federal dept spends money in the same manner.
Don't come to me demanding more of my money until you buck up and demand your elected officials fix the above described problems.

Trickle down DOES NOT WORK. Here's a great article on why.

A Wealthy Capitalist on Why Money Doesn t Trickle Down BillMoyers.com

I do understand fiscal responsibility. It's the responsibility of Republicans to keep my bank account, as well as every other multimillionaire getting bigger. Thanks to people like you voting for Republicans, it works!

Cut unproductive staff? Who would that be?

Have federal programs been managed correctly? No. But the responsibility is two-fold, the government, and the contractor taking advantage.

BOTTOM LINE: As a middle class person, quit feeding the Republican/Libertarian/teabagger hand that screws you.
I'm not being screwed by anyone...And Bill Moyers is a flaming liberal. Please.
"It's the responsibility of Republicans to keep my bank account, as well as every other multimillionaire getting bigger."
I think you have a substance abuse problem....
Unproductive staff is precisely that..... people who don't produce enough work to justify their presence on the payroll.
Actually the government is responsible for both....The spending and the lack of oversight.....It is the fault of the managers who turn the other way while a contractor does not or fails to provide the service or goods as per the contract.
There should be a federal law that if a govt contractor is late or the work is incomplete or is not satisfactory or defective and cannot justify why their project why, they don't get paid until they are back on track.
The perfect example of this is that shitty company that wrote the programs for Obamacare. We spent $600 million and got NOTHING... We had to spend another $300 million to cover the original company for their incompetence. Incompetence which bordered on the criminal.

See that is just a misconception.. Why should money cost something??? Why should we have to pay for the things that should be free to all?

Money should be free to all? No wonder these loony libs have such a tough time understanding economics. They think money should be free to all.
Now who ever said money should be free to all? Quit twisting shit around.. I believe we need to work hard for what we get in life. The point I was making is that money always comes with a price and is never equal to its own value... and yes I understand we don't live in the dark ages anymore so economics is very important but there are too many manipulators who don't give a shit about the little guys.

Reread GW's post (above). The problem isn't the system or tax revenues but rather the drunken sailor spending. If you ran your household (or business) like our gov't runs this country you would quickly find yourself broke or out of biz.
Yeah but I think you miss the underlying reasons.. If it were not for government spending there would be sooo many Americans without a job or work. Especially in the construction industry. Now agreeably there are many investments they make that I wish we did not have to make like, weapons of mass destruction and areas like that but that is to protect all the billionaires who like to hog all the money and profits and then all the foreign country's see Americans as pigs and selfish. Im sure all the Chinese that work for practically nothing to create the goods we use most just love to see where all the wealth goes.

Yanno, you are either a 14 year old or a former special education kid. Either way you should spend some time just reading these posts as your silence would mask your monumental ignorance ... and I mean that with all due respect. I found the following to be particularly simpleminded:
"Now agreeably there are many investments they make that I wish we did not have to make like, weapons of mass destruction and areas like that but that is to protect all the billionaires who like to hog all the money and profits..."
Remarkable.
Actually my arrogant, egotistical, simple minded friend, I excelled in school graduated high school taking calculus and physics and it was all easy to me. Although English and spelling were not my strong points... Stopped going to college because I was learning the same things I already knew! plus I had no money to get by.. So who the hell are you to try to belittle me for a single statement that had some grammatical errors?? you see, I see the world in a different way, a peaceful way where dickheads and bullies like you do not exist.. You call that statement ignorance??? Do you not see what the hell is going on in the world? The only reason I know ALL of what was stated is because I was over seas fighting to supposedly protect your worthless ass! I apologize, I will be more careful with my punctuation and terminology. See the world is starting to hate Americans such as yourself, due to the greed and consumption of wealth. Maybe you should spend some more time observing what is really going on instead of following the corrupt American way... If you want to know why made that statement here is the answer. We need to protect our nation because people look on with hatred, greed and bitterness due to the accumulation of wealth and slavery. Therefore we need weapons to protect everyone who lives here for fear countries like us will be invaded. With all due respect, grow up, get over yourself, and treat people right!

Just so you know, I have not made mention of your poor language skills but rather the silly leftist ideas you spew.
Call it whatever you want I am not a politician and cannot classify myself in any category. It is not an idea. It is what I see... If my "leftist" view is so wrong what do you have to prove me wrong?
We don't prove negatives here.
Your view of how things should work is incompatible with anything for which this nation stands...

Nah but he/she clearly has trouble making him/herself understood. From the rambling, disconnected posts I gather he/she doesn't really know much but desperately wants everyone to know it.
Na I just have a greater understanding of things that is hard to put into words... And I am a He lol.

Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago? Yes.
No. Household income is lower, household wealth is lower. Opportunities are fewer. Unless you're in the top 5% of earners you are much worse off. That's the whole point here, skippy.

Exactly. So, if you are poor, this is the greatest country in the world to be poor with entitlements and no taxes to pay. If you are an earner or make a lot of money in a year but are not Wealthy, you pay lot in taxes. If you are part of the top 5%, you have gotten wealthier over the past 6 years. So, look who is losing in this economy over the past 6 years? The Middle Class.
Yes, the richest and giant corps make out, but you're nuts if you think the poorest do, and Pub cuts in education and training programs make it always harder to escape poverty. See sig. And hater dupes don't realize all the drug screening and hoops they have to go through. Most of what they scream for are already there...At least O-Care has helped poor workers, and people aren't forced onto Welfare to get care anymore. Except in mindless red states of course.

Name one country where the poor have it better than the USA? Bonus Round, yet, this is a trick question, name a country where the Middle Class has it better than the USA (HINT: Answer depends on how long the Middle Class exists in the USA)

DUPE!!!
ANY other modern country. See sig.

If your Sig was correct, there would be no illegal immigration debate.

Now who ever said money should be free to all? Quit twisting shit around.. I believe we need to work hard for what we get in life. The point I was making is that money always comes with a price and is never equal to its own value... and yes I understand we don't live in the dark ages anymore so economics is very important but there are too many manipulators who don't give a shit about the little guys.
You did...
do you really want one of us to find the quote? Or maybe you should just stand down and save yourself the embarrassment.
Define "little guy"...
Let me whack you in the back of the head with this....
I grew up in a union heavy state. I got used to union guys who were making very good livings, owned a vacation home in the country or maybe a nice boat and got to go on Caribbean or European vacations who referred to themselves as "the little guy"...What a fucking crock
So you tell me...who is "the little guy"...

Reread GW's post (above). The problem isn't the system or tax revenues but rather the drunken sailor spending. If you ran your household (or business) like our gov't runs this country you would quickly find yourself broke or out of biz.
Yeah but I think you miss the underlying reasons.. If it were not for government spending there would be sooo many Americans without a job or work. Especially in the construction industry. Now agreeably there are many investments they make that I wish we did not have to make like, weapons of mass destruction and areas like that but that is to protect all the billionaires who like to hog all the money and profits and then all the foreign country's see Americans as pigs and selfish. Im sure all the Chinese that work for practically nothing to create the goods we use most just love to see where all the wealth goes.

Yanno, you are either a 14 year old or a former special education kid. Either way you should spend some time just reading these posts as your silence would mask your monumental ignorance ... and I mean that with all due respect. I found the following to be particularly simpleminded:
"Now agreeably there are many investments they make that I wish we did not have to make like, weapons of mass destruction and areas like that but that is to protect all the billionaires who like to hog all the money and profits..."
Remarkable.
Actually my arrogant, egotistical, simple minded friend, I excelled in school graduated high school taking calculus and physics and it was all easy to me. Although English and spelling were not my strong points... Stopped going to college because I was learning the same things I already knew! plus I had no money to get by.. So who the hell are you to try to belittle me for a single statement that had some grammatical errors?? you see, I see the world in a different way, a peaceful way where dickheads and bullies like you do not exist.. You call that statement ignorance??? Do you not see what the hell is going on in the world? The only reason I know ALL of what was stated is because I was over seas fighting to supposedly protect your worthless ass! I apologize, I will be more careful with my punctuation and terminology. See the world is starting to hate Americans such as yourself, due to the greed and consumption of wealth. Maybe you should spend some more time observing what is really going on instead of following the corrupt American way... If you want to know why made that statement here is the answer. We need to protect our nation because people look on with hatred, greed and bitterness due to the accumulation of wealth and slavery. Therefore we need weapons to protect everyone who lives here for fear countries like us will be invaded. With all due respect, grow up, get over yourself, and treat people right!

Just so you know, I have not made mention of your poor language skills but rather the silly leftist ideas you spew.
Call it whatever you want I am not a politician and cannot classify myself in any category. It is not an idea. It is what I see... If my "leftist" view is so wrong what do you have to prove me wrong?

One need not be a politician to be a leftist and I have pointed out the gaping holes in your logic but it doesn't seem to have had much of an effect.

Na I just have a greater understanding of things that is hard to put into words... And I am a He lol.
Na I just have a greater understanding of things that is hard to put into words
And a marvelous command of the English grammar....
Wow..
Question...Why not leave people guessing as to the level of your stupidity rather than post here and remove all doubt?

Remarkable.

Your view of how things should work is incompatible with anything for which this nation stands...
Yeah and it is going to be the downfall of the human race.. Yes walk away with your tail between your legs. Way to go! You don't have the slightest clue of how I see things working and you cant even argue your side to stand up for what you believe... very nice lol

Now who ever said money should be free to all? Quit twisting shit around...

Woo. Quoting your post (above):
"See that is just a misconception.. Why should money cost something??? Why should we have to pay for the things that should be free to all?"

Exactly what did I twist?

Na I just have a greater understanding of things that is hard to put into words
And a marvelous command of the English grammar....
Wow..
Question...Why not leave people guessing as to the level of your stupidity rather than post here and remove all doubt?
So intelligent, I wish I could be like you! hey lets pick on someone and say they don't know anything when in reality they know and see more than you could ever possibly comprehend..

"See that is just a misconception.. Why should money cost something??? Why should we have to pay for the things that should be free to all?"

as I stated money is never equal to its own face value, there for it will always cost something. the things that should be free like food, water, the commodities needed to sustain human life. We don't just pay for it we pay for while making others rich! now obviously the way the world is setup we are going to have to pay for it from here on out but why make others so rich and powerful while doing so?

Remarkable.

Yeah and it is going to be the downfall of the human race.. Yes walk away with your tail between your legs. Way to go! You don't have the slightest clue of how I see things working and you cant even argue your side to stand up for what you believe... very nice lol
Oh your posts expose you like an open book....Based on them, you are a true believer in equality of outcome. Of the US as a socialist nation. have zero understanding of business acumen. Despise capitalism and the profit motive. Abhor the concept of the entrepreneur.
I have covered it all.
That silly tail between the legs thing is just another lib ploy to help yourself believe a loss in an argument is a win.
Dude, you could not keep up with me if you were turbo charged and had a 5 mile head start...
I can outsmart you and that's with spotting you the open end of the proverbial wet paper bag...
Now I DECIDE when a conversation is over. Not you.
Now,because you are a lib you MUST have the last word...Go ahead. You cannot resist. Come on..Post something clever.

You did...
do you really want one of us to find the quote? Or maybe you should just stand down and save yourself the embarrassment.
Define "little guy"...
I grew up in a union heavy state. I got used to union guys who were making very good livings, owned a vacation home in the country or maybe a nice boat and got to go on Caribbean or European vacations who referred to themselves as "the little guy"...What a fucking crock
HA yeah def not who I am referring to.. I am talking about the guy who busts his as working 2 full time minimum wage jobs just to provide for his family. Or the kids in the 3rd world countries who cant get any healthcare and starve to death because the land is unsuitable to grow a crop or hunt on or the people working in sweatshops to provide our goods.

Oh your posts expose you like an open book....Based on them, you are a true believer in equality of outcome. Of the US as a socialist nation. have zero understanding of business acumen. Despise capitalism and the profit motive. Abhor the concept of the entrepreneur.
I have covered it all.
That silly tail between the legs thing is just another lib ploy to help yourself believe a loss in an argument is a win.
Dude, you could not keep up with me if you were turbo charged and had a 5 mile head start...
I can outsmart you and that's with spotting you the open end of the proverbial wet paper bag...
Now I DECIDE when a conversation is over. Not you.
Now,because you are a lib you MUST have the last word...Go ahead. You cannot resist. Come on..Post something clever.
No sir! I am not a believer in equality of outcome nor a socialist nation because I know a socialist society would collapse due to no drive to create or work hard. I do despise FREE capitalism because it has gotten out of hand and things are so lopsided right now. We need the profit motive to drive our brightest but really man look at the wealth spread of this country. What is it 1% of the world controls about 39% of the wealth.... So you think.. man there are not many who can truly outsmart me.. Although this is not a battle of smarts it is about trying to figure out what is best for the people of this nation and world. So if you want to decide this conversation is over then by all means go right ahead. but I'm sure I just threw you a curve ball! I wont begin to think that I know you or have you nailed down cause I know our minds go very deep.

as I stated money is never equal to its own face value, there for it will always cost something. the things that should be free like food, water, the commodities needed to sustain human life. We don't just pay for it we pay for while making others rich! now obviously the way the world is setup we are going to have to pay for it from here on out but why make others so rich and powerful while doing so?
as I stated money is never equal to its own face value
Explain that...

You're asking for examples? Is that because you're a dumbass who doesn't know recent history, and has no business debating on this site?

OK - Bush used an EO to forbid Federal funding of stem cell research. That's clearly an issue (funding) that should originate in the House.

Why was that not illegal?
Why was it not challenged in court?
Is everything not challenged in court automatically legal?
No, but illegal things are usually challenged in court. But your attempt at diverting from Obama's EO on taxes is failing.
If it was challenged (which I'm sure it was) then they obviously lost, proving that a President has the legal authority to issue Executive Orders.

So again: why is it legal when Bush does it? What's different about Obama's EOs?
No one said EOs are not legal. But that doesn't mean they can be used to legislate because you can't get your way (which is what your messiah does).

You did...
Define "little guy"...
HA yeah def not who I am referring to.. I am talking about the guy who busts his as working 2 full time minimum wage jobs just to provide for his family. Or the kids in the 3rd world countries who cant get any healthcare and starve to death because the land is unsuitable to grow a crop or hunt on or the people working in sweatshops to provide our goods.
Min wage jobs were never intended to support a family.
Having children is a choice. So is making sure one does not bring children into the world that they for which they cannot financially support.
An employer does not "owe" an employee anything extra based on the choices made by workers.
Kids in the 3rd world? Umm....What?....There are tons of charitable organizations. Feel free to donate. And not from taxing me more.
Now, you were asked to define "the little guy"...Address THAT. And only that.

Forum List

Back