Obama to seek congress approval

Thank God he has caved upon the pressure.

NOW - make sure YOUR representative and Senator knows that we don't need this war!

before the President conducts an action that can change the whole world, he needs Congressional approval.

Obama did the right thing.

yes thats it.....go eat your pudding

So Obama-bot #(doesnotfuckingmatter) how do you feel about the Demi-god Obama pushing the US into another war? Because that's the real question. Maybe Obama shouldn't commit us to war before he has congress approval, like he did when he talked chit to look like a big man.

unless he gets world support i do not support his actions in going in alone.
The act of using chemicals ( and i dont mean 30 years ago like Saddam) should not be tolerated by anyone in the world, because it affects everyone.

If he can't get world support then he should back off period.

He already does not have world support... yet he is pushing for the war, hence the approval from congress to do another Obama war. So, yeah...

"And nearly eight in ten of those questioned in the survey released Friday morning say President Barack Obama should be required to get Congressional approval before launching any military attack against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

And this is the issue we are discussing in this topic. So, a majority of Americans want Congressional approval, and Obama folds to that demand.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

No surprise here he knows there is a very good chance Congress will say no as the British Parliament did thus giving him the out he is looking for on taking military action over his red line comment. This is less about using proper channels as is about removing foot from mouth.

Ok, he said he had the authority to take action, he did it in Libya and nothing much was said about it. A little bit of squawking but not much from Congress. He said if he took this action it would make America Stronger, how so?

What he is doing, in my opinion, is putting it on the Republicans. If they vote yes that gives him momentum for the other stuff he wants to do, if they vote no then any further deaths will be on them.

That said, if he has the authority and it will make America stronger then why wait two weeks???

i thought he was a dictator/tyrant? I cant keep up with you people deciding on what he really is.

what is he really? Incompetent.

yes yes an incompetent tyrant who forces things down your throat while he sits on the fence about issue, except when it comes to Muslims, who he is one, all the while being gay and from Africa.....I know.....

was obamacare forced down our throats? Did any republicans vote for it? Was there any open debate? were any republican amendments allowed to come to a vote?

Did he do an apology tour in the mid east? did he support the wrong side in Egypt? Did he bow to the saudi king?

How do you know that he is gay?

So Obama-bot #(doesnotfuckingmatter) how do you feel about the Demi-god Obama pushing the US into another war? Because that's the real question. Maybe Obama shouldn't commit us to war before he has congress approval, like he did when he talked chit to look like a big man.

The act of using chemicals ( and i dont mean 30 years ago like Saddam) should not be tolerated by anyone in the world, because it affects everyone.

He already does not have world support... yet he is pushing for the war, hence the approval from congress to do another Obama war. So, yeah...

I know he doesnt have it, hence y opinion on it. If he gets congress to approve then he gets it and they are all to blame.

But if all he does is lob some missiles over there, then the outrage will be minimal. mostly on the right.

I almost fell off the chaiir watching obumble turn John Kerry into his court jester.

What happened? All the right wingers were crying that Obama was going to wave his magic wand and sign an executive order to start WWIII?

Where are the anti-war democrats and liberals? have they all left the country? Are they calling the whitehouse and demanding that we stay out of something that is none of our business?

Or are they sitting on their liberal asses giving praise to chairman maobama, their messiah and demi god.?

It's White House, moron.

yes, I know, asshole. who appointed you as the typo finder? :eek:

Obama has done the right thing.

This is NOT OUR WAR!!!!!

both sides are guilty of attrocities!!!!!

there are no good guys here, and we have no business there!!!

Since WWI, the USA has been the force for good in the world.

Maybe it is time we quit. We certainly are broke.

But would Ronald Reagan have tolerated the gassing of children by a government. Would John F. Kennedy have?

If we back away from this one, we truly are abandoning the role we have tried to serve.

Do you want that?

I know he doesnt have it, hence y opinion on it. If he gets congress to approve then he gets it and they are all to blame.

But if all he does is lob some missiles over there, then the outrage will be minimal. mostly on the right.

any member of congress who approves attacking Syria should be tried for treason.

Why the fuck can't we learn from our mistakes in viet nam, kosovo, iraq, afghanistan, korea?

We are not the world's police force. Let syria fight it out until one side wins. Its none of our damn business.

what is he really? Incompetent.

yes yes an incompetent tyrant who forces things down your throat while he sits on the fence about issue, except when it comes to Muslims, who he is one, all the while being gay and from Africa.....I know.....

was obamacare forced down our throats? Did any republicans vote for it? Was there any open debate? were any republican amendments allowed to come to a vote?

Did he do an apology tour in the mid east? did he support the wrong side in Egypt? Did he bow to the saudi king?

How do you know that he is gay?

no, not sure, yes for over a year, sure, no, no, yes but so what.

any member of congress who approves attacking Syria should be tried for treason.

Why the fuck can't we learn from our mistakes in viet nam, kosovo, iraq, afghanistan, korea?

We are not the world's police force. Let syria fight it out until one side wins. Its none of our damn business.

treason for doing their job?

shut up

Forum List

Back