Obama to seek congress approval

lol....coming from you who throws treason around, i really dont care if you think i am wrong.

Getting the USA involved in an illegal war is treason. If congress authorizes the invasion of Syria then they are all traitors because they are putting the citizens of the USA at risk when there is no US interests involved. we have no business in syria's civil war. Why should we get into it while the rest of the world sits back and laughs at our foolishness.

The UK got it right, so did the Russians.

we do not need a false flag war with the russians in syria.

great a false flag retard.
Look he gets congresses approval that is not treason, but you knew this.
go back to Alex jones fruitcake.

try to pay attention. I said that congress would be engaging in treason if it authorized the invasion of another nation when there was no threat to the USA.

What would we do if Iran or Russia invaded Israel? What names would we call them?

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

I wonder how many polls he looked at before coming to the right decision

who gives a shit? least he did and just didnt go head first into it.

you people need to attack regardless. How pathetic.

Obama acted as a president with nothing but the good of the country at heart. He deserves credit for that. He should listen to Rand Paul more often.

Sure, it was politically expedient, but that's part of holding the office, too.

This sets up an interesting congressional battle between the libertarian and neocon wings of the Republican Party.

I am beginning to have hope.

Getting the USA involved in an illegal war is treason. If congress authorizes the invasion of Syria then they are all traitors because they are putting the citizens of the USA at risk when there is no US interests involved. we have no business in syria's civil war. Why should we get into it while the rest of the world sits back and laughs at our foolishness.

The UK got it right, so did the Russians.

we do not need a false flag war with the russians in syria.

try to pay attention. I said that congress would be engaging in treason if it authorized the invasion of another nation when there was no threat to the USA.

What would we do if Iran or Russia invaded Israel? What names would we call them?

no...there would be no treason

pelosi-assad.jpg

Wonder how Nancy will vote?

At least we will get the results from the UN inspectors before we come to a conclusions.

Obama made the right decision.

Most of you folks are unable to back down in the face of contradictory evidence in something as inconsequential as a forum thread.

The important thing now is to await the results, make an informed personal decision and contact your Congressmen and Senators.

Last edited:
OK, lets think this through

we lob some cruise missiles into Syria, we kill a few hundred civilians and blow up some warehouses

the syrians lobs some missiles into Israel

the Israelis lob some missiles into syria

iran shoots some missiles into israel.

russia supports syria and iran

israel asks for our help under our treaties with them

In about two weeks the entire mid east is on fire, we and the russians have the Med full of ships and subs with nukes.

All because obozo made a stupid comment about a red line and had to save face.

Are we that fucking stupid?

"And nearly eight in ten of those questioned in the survey released Friday morning say President Barack Obama should be required to get Congressional approval before launching any military attack against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

And this is the issue we are discussing in this topic. So, a majority of Americans want Congressional approval, and Obama folds to that demand.

"Since 1973, the United States has used military force in Grenada in 1983, Panama in 1989, Iraq in 1991, Haiti in 1994 and Kosovo in 1999. In all those instances, presidents - both Democrats and Republicans - sidestepped Congress and committed U.S. military forces without obtaining Congressional approval."

From: Poll: Half oppose military action against Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Stating, "Obama folds to that demand" says so much more about your character than it does about The President of the United States.

Obama has heard from other nations, members of Congress (both parties), the talking heads on TV and the American people, and he listened [A character trait all Presidents ought to have). Seems to me that shows the man's character, as do the comments by you and others who would condemn him, no matter what he said or did.

Last edited:
If we are going to attack Syria, we should do it as a united country.

if the country doesn't support this action, we shouldnt be doing it.

Obama has done the right thing.

If, in fact, we are going to "attack" Syria, Barry should have done it three days ago. IF, in fact, Barry has any plans to "attack" Syria - he should call an emergency session of Congress and get those fat-asses back by Tomorrow, debate the issue and vote on it.

He has done neither. This little "school yard bully" is looking for a way out of his big mouthed nonsense. He looks like an absolute FOOL and the rest of the world knows it.

He should have kept his mouth shut from the beginning and let someone else be the cops of the world for a change.

Great "fundamental transformation" Barry.....

no...there would be no treason

what do you think "treason" means?

While I am glad the POTUS has moved away from an action that could have started WW3, I am left with the removal of anticipation for the blow back that could have happened to the instigator of this ill thought out false-flag operation, an instigator who has refused to abide by UN Resolutions for over 65 years, an instigator who is willing to "negotiate", but to no avail, The instigator that once held the power over decisions taken by leaders in the USA
Long live the American Spring

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

I wonder how many polls he looked at before coming to the right decision

who gives a shit? least he did and just didnt go head first into it.

you people need to attack regardless. How pathetic.

What do you expect? I mean seriously, this President is a blithe to our nation and has acted like a bull in a china shop. Yes. I loathe him for what he has done

Why did he choose to issue his statement today ? What was the rush? Couldn't he have waited at least until the UN issued their report ? He just gave Syria his word that he would not attack them until at least Congress meets. Why did he give them this time to prepare and maneuver ? They could have been left sitting on pins and needles. Any ideas ?

We have treatys with Israel. We have no defense treaty with al quaeda. They are just obama's special friends.

Is he just going to let our ships hang out there or did he forget about them?

Forum List

Back