Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline

Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs

Guess all those on the right who thought Obama was totally against the Keystone Pipeline were wrong....

Well of course they were.

Conservatives on the "My way or the highway" track. They assume the first thing they put up is the only thing that should be considered and there should be no input from the other side.

Obama never said he was against it. What he said was he wanted time to review it to make sure the environmental impact was minimal.

No what happened was Trans Canada grabbed him by his testicles and squeezed hard.

:D

Keystone III didn't need Obama to extend the pipeline from Cushing to the Gulf. He has to save face now.

Oh and that environmental impact bullshit?

There are already 23,000 miles of pipeline across the aquifer.....And guess what? 2,000 miles of pipeline across the state of Nebraska over the aquifer already exist.

Where were all the protests when all these lines were being built? This has all been a power play by the White House that FAILED.

:lol:

And I'm loving it.
talk to the people of Nebraska about that.... they have been protesting the pipeline all along. but then again you would probably like it if Obama went against the people's will. then you can just blast away at him for being on the other side of the issue.

Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs

Guess all those on the right who thought Obama was totally against the Keystone Pipeline were wrong....

Conservatives on the "My way or the highway" track. They assume the first thing they put up is the only thing that should be considered and there should be no input from the other side.

Obama never said he was against it. What he said was he wanted time to review it to make sure the environmental impact was minimal.

Yep, and the Republicans threw a temper tantrum.

If you think this had anything to do with what the people of Nebraska wanted, Syphon...you're incredibly naive. Barry made a political calculation that opposing the pipeline would win him votes with the green crowd. Then gas prices start to spike and suddenly he realizes that he's going to be blamed because of his "anti pipeline" stance. This has zero to do with an aquifer...and everything to do with tryng to formulate a winning strategy for reelection...which is why our present energy policy (do we even have one at this point?) is so muddled and confused. You've got a President and an Energy Secretary who have been quite vocal about the need to raise the price of gasoline to make green energy viable but both men have suddenly had a "conversion" to lowering the price six months before an election...and you buy that? Too funny...

Gee, it's been under review for several YEARS now but Barry wants time to review it and that time just happens to push the project back to beyond November of 2012? You of course buy that explanation. Hate to point out the obvious here, Sallow but you really are as dumb as this Administration hopes you are.
so why didnt the people of nebraska want the pipeline going through their aquifer? do Obama should have gone against the people? idiot.

Victorious in Unity: The Movement that Stopped the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline | Elizabeth Shope's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC
Keystone XL: Nebraskans take pipeline issue all the way to the White House | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Nebraska Rancher: Keystone Pipeline Decision Shows ‘Courage’ - New America Media

The aquifer that underlies Nebraska has been polluted for decades by agricultural, farming, ranching and livestock practices.

Polluting the Ogallala Aquifer - Julene Bair via NYTimes.com | Underpaid Genius

Tell that to Nebraskans.

So tell us swallow... how bad it really must SUCK to have to regurgitate such PATHETIC, STUPID party line BULL SHIT. Are you just TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM and accepting how DUMB you look or what?

So tell us swallow... how bad it really must SUCK to have to regurgitate such PATHETIC, STUPID party line BULL SHIT. Are you just TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM and accepting how DUMB you look or what?

He didn't say anything dumb. It's clear from the path of the process that was exactly the objection. That's why the Republicans put a provision demanding faster review in a bill, and it was the reason the project was rejected at that stage.

I wonder why we thought that?
Source: Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs
In January, the Obama administration denied a permit for the 1,700-mile-long Keystone XL oil pipeline

oh, the truth is why.

Guess ol' big 0 caved on you guys.

what's a tree huggin, anti-capitalism, oil hating liberal to do?

:badgrin:

Sorry... but they were right... he was against it, so don't lie, asswipe... the kenyan just figures this might help his reelection chances...

FROM THE ARTICLE:
In January, the Obama administration denied a permit for the 1,700 mile long Keystone XL oil pipeline
he denied a permit dumb fuck, he never said he wouldnt ever allow it.

youre a fucking retard. if he was really against it, why would he be fast tracking the southern section?

Hey, dumbfuck, if he were for it, why deny the permit?

He didn't say anything dumb. It's clear from the path of the process that was exactly the objection. That's why the Republicans put a provision demanding faster review in a bill, and it was the reason the project was rejected at that stage.
And now you look just as fucking STUPID as he does. Everybody on this board at this very minute knows FULL WELL what's going on here. We all know that obama VETOED the pipeline MONTHS AGO. We all know that his Energy Secretary Ka-Chu wants higher gas prices, and so does obama. But oh... WAIT... there's an ELECTION coming up and $5 a gallon gas will KILL obama at the polls! So all of a sudden there's MAJOR BACK PEDDLIING AND DAMAGE CONTROL going on. WE ALL KNOW THIS, so don't give me any of your fucking STUPID, MORONIC, IDIOTIC, OBAMA ASS LICKING PARTISAN DUMBFUCKERY... shit for brains.

Does anything make sense in the Obama administration? Why build the section opposite from where the oil would come from?

Sorry... but they were right... he was against it, so don't lie, asswipe... the kenyan just figures this might help his reelection chances...

FROM THE ARTICLE:

youre a fucking retard. if he was really against it, why would he be fast tracking the southern section?

activist supporters were everywhere supporting him shutting it down.

once they went home.....

and big oil sent some "donations" to his re-election fund...

FROM THE ARTICLE:

Because he wanted to complete the environmental review.

So, three years worth of input and review weren't enough? It seemed to work for the Alberta Clipper pipeline which was approved 3 years prior. Obama, Clinton, and the State Department hearalded this project as a shovel-ready job creator which would bring a secure source of needed crude into our country.

U.S. Department of State

After the BP debacle..I would assume they would be more carefully reviewing disaster recovery plans.

Of course you guys have a different opinion.

I won't bother negging you back. I prefer people make assholes of themselves on their own.

I'm not GOP. I'm a Canuck and have been a water conservationist for decades. This has never been an issue about the environment. This issue has strictly been about Obama and catering to enviro whackos.

I can smell bullshit a mile away. And that's all this issue has been. A big steaming plate of hot fecal matter fed directly from the White House.

This is just one map of many that shows the current pipelines across the Ogallala.

So little greenie, where were you and Darryl Hannah and every other enviro whack job when all the others were being built?

ogallala-aquifer-pipeline-map.jpg

AA2.png

For your viewing pleasure. Where were all the protests? Ogallala Aquifer outlined in black.

Last edited:

I won't bother negging you back. I prefer people make assholes of themselves on their own.

I'm not GOP. I'm a Canuck and have been a water conservationist for decades. This has never been an issue about the environment. This issue has strictly been about Obama and catering to enviro whackos.

I can smell bullshit a mile away. And that's all this issue has been. A big steaming plate of hot fecal matter fed directly from the White House.

This is just one map of many that shows the current pipelines across the Ogallala.

So little greenie, where were you and Darryl Hannah and every other enviro whack job when all the others were being built?

ogallala-aquifer-pipeline-map.jpg

But you know very well that a single pipeline more than those already in place increases the likelihood of a break and environmentally damaging spill a quinitillion-infinity-billion times!

the one that had already been done? The one that took 3 years?

Please.

Because the review was never fully completed. There were problems with the process, so the review was being double-checked.

Last month, the State Department denied the Canadian company TransCanada's application to build the pipeline after determining that a 60-day deadline imposed recently by Congress would not let it complete a thorough review. TransCanada has said it will apply again.

Audit endorses State Department review of Keystone XL oil pipeline - Los Angeles Times

So the application was denied after Congress insisted on adding the deadline.

the one that had already been done? The one that took 3 years?

Please.

Because the review was never fully completed. There were problems with the process, so the review was being double-checked.

Last month, the State Department denied the Canadian company TransCanada's application to build the pipeline after determining that a 60-day deadline imposed recently by Congress would not let it complete a thorough review. TransCanada has said it will apply again.

Audit endorses State Department review of Keystone XL oil pipeline - Los Angeles Times

So the application was denied after Congress insisted on adding the deadline.

link to a source stating there were problems with the 3 year review, that it was being double checked.

Forum List

Back