obama to Attack Syria without congressional approval

Congress is congress to use the military a president must seeking congressional approval if the action is to take more than 60 days. obama has yet to get congressional approval and I don't think he will here either.

He might just to prove what a bunch of hypocrites republicans are knowing that they would grant a republican president the power to drop a bomb on anyone anywhere for any reason and then garrison troops there for 10 years.

One more time Bush got congressional approval obama hasn't

He did not for Afghanistan.

If the Republicans are supposed to be such "war mongers" why is Obama worried? Send Hilary to Congress, have her lay out the basics of the plan (like Bush did for Afghanistan and Iraq), give it a cool sounding name (operation sand monkey or something like that) , and if it makes sense they will authorize it. It's not difficult....

Maybe, but I'm just here giving Avory a hard time.

On the issue I see both sides and they both have merit. But the talk of impeachment is just mind numbingly stupid and self defeating.

Not if Congress hold's to the oath they took, it's not numbingly stupid and self defeating. However it is numbingly stupid and self defeating to allow a president to go outside the restraints of the Constitution.

For fucks sake dude. What the hell is wrong with you?!

Do you have ANY FUCKING IDEA what an impeachment procedure would do to the conservative cause for the next decade?

Your hatred is COMPLETELY blinding you. Calm the fuck down and focus your energy on November where his ousting won't cost us votes for the next damn decade.

And I agree with Gramps here.

If the Republicans are supposed to be such "war mongers" why is Obama worried? Send Hilary to Congress, have her lay out the basics of the plan (like Bush did for Afghanistan and Iraq), give it a cool sounding name (operation sand monkey or something like that) , and if it makes sense they will authorize it. It's not difficult....

I 100% agree and support this. Declare the war or don't. We don't need another bullshit war under our belt.

Yes Gramps, I'm 9... Now can you show me the declaration of war for either of Bush's war?

No, but I could show you the back of my hand if you like? Or perhaps my middle finger?

Grats, another topic you have no clue about but yet you vote, wonderful. Maybe if you spent more time actually looking into the issues (Google/free/quick) rather than making threads attacking the lack of quality of debate on these boards you wouldn't have a better come back than your middle finger or the back of your hand...

Testy, testy. You're wearing out that pacifier all over me? I'm flattered. :)

He might just to prove what a bunch of hypocrites republicans are knowing that they would grant a republican president the power to drop a bomb on anyone anywhere for any reason and then garrison troops there for 10 years.

One more time Bush got congressional approval obama hasn't

He did not for Afghanistan.

Yes, he did. Declaration of war by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll halfway down- Congress approved.

Apparently if you ask congress for a war you get decade long occupations and if just go ahead you get low scale involvement over a relatively short time span. Don't laugh, if you are a congressman you are going to make sure you make business for the defense plants in your state the price of your vote. Think about how any large defense project is spread around to as many contractors as possible and rarely fits the threat it is intended to confront. These short term things like this where we just use the standoff superweapons we are so proud no and ground troops of are not really worth allowing them to suffer from congressional defense earmarking.

Apparently if you ask congress for a war you get decade long occupations and if just go ahead you get low scale involvement over a relatively short time span. Don't laugh, if you are a congressman you are going to make sure you make business for the defense plants in your state the price of your vote. Think about how any large defense project is spread around to as many contractors as possible and rarely fits the threat it is intended to confront. These short term things like this where we just use the standoff superweapons we are so proud no and ground troops of are not really worth allowing them to suffer from congressional defense earmarking.

Fuck it then. Who needs congress right? They only represent the people. Fuckem

Fuck it then. Who needs congress right? They only represent the people. Fuckem

Yes, fuckem, I already said that. Obama cannot expect a fair hearing for any plan and any plan congress would approve for him would be so conditional that it would be a plan for failure. I said fuck em before and I will say it again. If they had at any time in the past dealt fairly and rationally on anything then perhaps I would feel differently. We make all these smart bombs and I have never had problem with them blowing up bad people.

The only time Obama ever asked congress for anything military related was Afghanistan and congress approved. There is NO BASIS for your assumption occupied.

The only time Obama ever asked congress for anything military related was Afghanistan and congress approved. There is NO BASIS for your assumption occupied.

Then check out the fake shock and outrage on Sessions' part on that clip. Does anyone on this board think for a second that jackass embarrassment to his state is the least bit ignorant of the process of waging a diplomatically legal war? Did anyone actually buy that? Right there will be the basis for denying the president another almost certain military success to run on in Nov and for no other reason.

Last edited:
It wasn't a Declaration of War, it was a BS imaginary Pub Propaganda Machine Rush to War. France was totally right, there was no hurry, just jingoistic Pub idiocy. We thoght the Spanish-American War was the end of that. STUPIDEST WAR EVER.

Iraq War, also known as Operation Iraqi Freedom, currently known as "Operation New Dawn."[9] Iraq H.J. Res. 114,
March 3, 2003 77–23 296–133 (Senate, House) Combat operations ended August 31, 2010. Officially ended December 15, 2011.[10]

Incredible hypocrisy from Dick...and Rush/Fox. How dumb can you people get?

Last edited:

Then check out the fake shock and outrage on Sessions' part on that clip. Does anyone on this board think for a second that jackass embarrassment to his state is the least bit ignorant of the process of waging a diplomatically legal war? Did anyone actually buy that? Right there will be the basis for denying the president another almost certain military success to run on in Nov and for no other reason.

Do you often give away Obama's secrets? Really? This is precisely WHY he engages in warfare, isn't it? Merely to look tough for the cameras and to get votes.

Two Problems?

1. Nobel Peace Prize (Given to him for merely being Immacculated),

and...

2. Those against WAR on the left might have problems will they not?

(Not to mention HE is going around the Congress...again...):eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle:

Last time I checked The CIC of the U.S. Military is supposed to get congressional approval to use said military force. It is in the Constitution.

Which is why the 'War Powers Act' is an abomination...

thats only because Obama is President. That will change when he is not in the house.

He has 60 days, that's why our combat ended after 60 days in Libya. Despite mountains of imaginary Pub outrage for the dupes. THEY NEVER STOP LYING.

Do you often give away Obama's secrets? Really? This is precisely WHY he engages in warfare, isn't it? Merely to look tough for the cameras and to get votes.

Two Problems?

1. Nobel Peace Prize (Given to him for merely being Immacculated),

and...

2. Those against WAR on the left might have problems will they not?

(Not to mention HE is going around the Congress...again...):eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle:

1. He didn't campaign for the Nobel, all that is on the Nobel committee, they can give it to whoever they want for whatever reason.

2. I am not one of those lefties who are against war, only overly broad stupid occupations with no clear off switch. I am all for supporting populist uprisings against brutal tyrants.

Forum List

Back