Obama-- the second coming of Jimmy Carter

How was Carter years bad?
carter was given an unimaginable fiasco with the legacy of watergate, the ford pardons, the economic legacy of vietnam (aka "iraq: the prequel"), the terrible state of the middle east at that time, and obviously the iranian hostage crisis. i'd love to hear a right-winger tell me what carter would do about the hostage crisis that was different than what carter did.

Obviously, you didn't try and buy a house under the Carter administration, huh? :eusa_eh:

I haven't checked but I would bet more people owned houses during Carter than today. I mean own not have mortgage that is more than the value of the house. And then there is the Real Estate tax which is nothing more than government rent.

If they weren't bad...he wouldn't have been thrashed in the re-election. If they weren't bad, nobody would have ran against him in a primary. Sheesh, have a little denial with your coffee?

No denial.

Carter was not doing badly in the polls..then the hostages weren't released.

He was deemed weak by the electorate.

Reagan's treason worked.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that if it salves the wound. The polls were wrong and people didn't change their mind just because of the hostage situation. Especially the democratic base, Sallow. The man got his ass handed to him in the general election...it was an epic landslide victory for Reagan. Carter wasn't any good and couldn't even get along with his democrat House.

You're kidding right?

The reason the hostages were alive at all was a result of Carter's steely determination to keep them alive. Khomeni wanted to put them all on trial for espionage and Carter threatened an invasion if he did that.

Additionally the Wheat embargo led to a collapse of the Soviet Union. More so then supporting batshit crazy religious zealots in Afghanistan. (Which Carter did also, but meant it as a method to harrass the Soviets, not beat them).

He also took on Oil companies which were forced to fold when they didn't get what they wanted and they was a glut of oil waiting in tanks and harbors to be sold.

He also hired Paul Volcker who cooled some very deadly inflation that was killing the economy.

Carter's main problem was his inability to do the dog and pony show for the masses or deal effectively with Reagan's hyperbole (He gave up the Panama Canal!!).

That..and Reagan committed treason.

If they weren't bad...he wouldn't have been thrashed in the re-election. If they weren't bad, nobody would have ran against him in a primary. Sheesh, have a little denial with your coffee?

No denial.

Reagan's treason worked.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that if it salves the wound. The polls were wrong and people didn't change their mind just because of the hostage situation. Especially the democratic base, Sallow. The man got his ass handed to him in the general election...it was an epic landslide victory for Reagan. Carter wasn't any good and couldn't even get along with his democrat House.

don't encourage him,:lol: he says hes 50, which I don't beleive for a minute, ( I remember him telling me he was in his 30's, 37 I think, but *shrugs*)he has no idea what the carter years were like, unless he was fifty and still living in mommys basement, which might account for it, the treason thing, I had this out with him, but he ignores anything that doesn't agree with his media matters version of events or world view.;)

Last edited:
Maple - The multi spammer of I Hate Obama Threads

braindead little :cow:

ain't she?

just sayin'

Irony Alert...Irony Alert:lol::lol:...must..report.. for....medical...................... treatment.noooooo ...............noooooooooo!!!!!

trelliumonbroadwayp1.gif

Last edited:
No denial.

Reagan's treason worked.

You're kidding right?

The reason the hostages were alive at all was a result of Carter's steely determination to keep them alive. Khomeni wanted to put them all on trial for espionage and Carter threatened an invasion if he did that.

Additionally the Wheat embargo led to a collapse of the Soviet Union. More so then supporting batshit crazy religious zealots in Afghanistan. (Which Carter did also, but meant it as a method to harrass the Soviets, not beat them).

He also took on Oil companies which were forced to fold when they didn't get what they wanted and they was a glut of oil waiting in tanks and harbors to be sold.

He also hired Paul Volcker who cooled some very deadly inflation that was killing the economy.

Carter's main problem was his inability to do the dog and pony show for the masses or deal effectively with Reagan's hyperbole (He gave up the Panama Canal!!).

What history book are you reading??? Are you a nephew of Jimmy Carter or something? He was the worst President in history, he is still an embarassment to the Democratic party. The economy died and stayed dead until Reagan was in and then it took two years to recover at all from Jimmy Carter.

No denial.

Reagan's treason worked.

don't encourage him,:lol: he says hes 50, which I don't beleive for a minute, ( I remember him telling me he was in his 30's, 37 I think, but *shrugs*)he has no idea what the carter years were like, unless he was fifty and still living in mommys basement, which might account for it, the treason thing, I had this out with him, but he ignores anything that doesn't agree with his media matters version of events or world view.;)

Now you are lying.

You're kidding right?

What history book are you reading??? Are you a nephew of Jimmy Carter or something? He was the worst President in history, he is still an embarassment to the Democratic party. The economy died and stayed dead until Reagan was in and then it took two years to recover at all from Jimmy Carter.

:lol:

Carry on with that fiction if you like.

There were financial failures all over the Reagan administration. From the bond market to the banks..and they required tax payer bailouts.

Plus he spent like crazy.

Sound familiar?

No denial.

Reagan's treason worked.

You're kidding right?

nice. you explain it a lot more succinctly than i did.

I wish. President Carter was/is a good man.
Exactly. Jimmy Carter is a good and decent man who tried his best in spite of rabid, conspiratory opposition from the Republicans and a lot of bad luck. He should have been given a second term.

Instead we got Ronald Reagan who put the Nation on the road to ruin.

Exactly. Jimmy Carter is a good and decent man who tried his best in spite of rabid, conspiratory opposition from the Republicans and a lot of bad luck. He should have been given a second term.

I'll never understand the mythmaking around this treasonous fucker. He said that "Government is the problem" and made the whole right wing hostile to the notion of governance.

What an idiot.

I'll never understand the mythmaking around this treasonous fucker. He said that "Government is the problem" and made the whole right wing hostile to the notion of governance.

What an idiot.

The Bastard, how dare he make Americans question how their money is spent.

What Reagan did for the economy is raise the debt ceiling eighteen times and put the Nation on a credit card the effects of which we are dealing with today. Ronald Reagan was nothing more than a dim-witted puppet of the emerging corporatocracy.

What an idiot.

Yep.

And after he finished asking the question he went on a spending spree.

Orbital Nuclear Platform anyone? :lol:

What an idiot.

Yep.

And after he finished asking the question he went on a spending spree.

Orbital Nuclear Platform anyone? :lol:

With democrat in tow. Yes boss all the way. Yes we will cut spending, we promise.

He said that "Government is the problem" and made the whole right wing hostile to the notion of governance.

True. A fundamentally disasters presidency that destroyed the last vestiges of the GOP as a party capable of sound governance and facilitating its takeover by the radical right, social conservatives, and Christian extremists.

What Reagan did for the economy is raise the debt ceiling eighteen times and put the Nation on a credit card the effects of which we are dealing with today. Ronald Reagan was nothing more than a dim-witted puppet of the emerging corporatocracy.

I have already posted reagans debt ceiling increases, you can google a chart speaking to such, I suggest a look.....and of course we won't discuss the fact the obama until now had no one to force him to address the spending side, as reagan had to, ala his change up on some tax formulas and gramm rudman hollings, remember that? ( of course not what were you 3?), as he never had control of congress.....

as far as the usual dribble ala Puppets, its interesting Obama blames bush for everything, nothing is HIS fault, after enjoying a supra majority no less, nothing bad is ever his fault.

Every rep. was a puppet of evil entities, apparently Reagan cannot blame anyone for what he inherited eh?:eusa_whistle: ........you guys need to change the oil on your inane talking points. PLEASE:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back