Stupid is as stupid does- Obama is stupid

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Stephens: Is Obama Smart? - WSJ.com

Much is made of the president's rhetorical gifts. This is the sort of thing that can be credited only by people who think that a command of English syntax is a mark of great intellectual distinction. Can anyone recall a memorable phrase from one of Mr. Obama's big speeches that didn't amount to cliché? As for the small speeches, such as the one we were kept waiting 50 minutes for yesterday, we get Triple-A bromides about America remaining a "Triple-A country." Which, when it comes to long-term sovereign debt, is precisely what we no longer are under Mr. Obama.

Then there is Mr. Obama as political tactician. He makes predictions that prove false. He makes promises he cannot honor. He raises expectations he cannot meet. He reneges on commitments made in private. He surrenders positions staked in public. He is absent from issues in which he has a duty to be involved. He is overbearing when he ought to be absent. At the height of the financial panic of 1907, Teddy Roosevelt, who had done much to bring the panic about by inveighing against big business, at least had the good sense to stick to his bear hunt and let J.P. Morgan sort things out. Not so this president, who puts a new twist on an old put-down: Every time he opens his mouth, he subtracts from the sum total of financial capital.

Write to [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama is like an artist who paints country scenes with nice houses in them. Give that artist a hammer and ask him to build the house he just painted.

Book smarts do not translate to real life applications. That's where our experiences define us and Obamas experiences are not very deep.

More like "ignorant" in the true sense of the word. Barry's Harvard records are sealed but we knew every aspect of Bush's years at Yale. From what we can gather about his autobio it seems that Barry's formitive years were spent smoking dope on the mean streets of Chicago and later as a community activist spreading around Chicago cheer (money) to shill for democrat crooks. What do you expect from a jr. senator promoted to president? Hope and change?

Stephens: Is Obama Smart? - WSJ.com

Much is made of the president's rhetorical gifts. This is the sort of thing that can be credited only by people who think that a command of English syntax is a mark of great intellectual distinction. Can anyone recall a memorable phrase from one of Mr. Obama's big speeches that didn't amount to cliché? As for the small speeches, such as the one we were kept waiting 50 minutes for yesterday, we get Triple-A bromides about America remaining a "Triple-A country." Which, when it comes to long-term sovereign debt, is precisely what we no longer are under Mr. Obama.

Then there is Mr. Obama as political tactician. He makes predictions that prove false. He makes promises he cannot honor. He raises expectations he cannot meet. He reneges on commitments made in private. He surrenders positions staked in public. He is absent from issues in which he has a duty to be involved. He is overbearing when he ought to be absent. At the height of the financial panic of 1907, Teddy Roosevelt, who had done much to bring the panic about by inveighing against big business, at least had the good sense to stick to his bear hunt and let J.P. Morgan sort things out. Not so this president, who puts a new twist on an old put-down: Every time he opens his mouth, he subtracts from the sum total of financial capital.

Write to [email protected]

Sorry, I am no fan of the man, But to call him stupid is inaccurate. He is indeed rather intelligent. He is just very Ignorant about the Economy, and a few other issues. His Smarts make him Arrogant, and egotistical. He picks advisers who Agree with his Preset Ideology and confirm what he thinks, even when he is wrong.

It is often hard to get very bright people to see when they are wrong, and be willing to change. Obama has a very Ridged set ideas about the Economy, and Taxes and the like, and it appears despite seeing the things he does fail he is unwilling to learn from them.

So, not stupid, Just ignorant, Arrogant, Egotistical, and Ideological.

Last edited:
What you gonna do when he wins again? Seriously, what will you do?

You should second mortgage your home and bet everything on it.

Seriously, were only a few regulations away from turning this around.

How long after he loses will you take to post your first, They Stole the Election Post?

lol

How about we make a pact....

One of your first post after the election results are posted next November will be "All Hail President ______________, your President, Our President.

Mine will be. Care to join me? Can you put your partisanship aside for one post?

How long after he loses will you take to post your first, They Stole the Election Post?

lol

How about we make a pact....

One of your first post after the election results are posted next November will be "All Hail President ______________, your President, Our President.

Mine will be. Care to join me? Can you put your partisanship aside for one post?

Didn't think you'd want a piece of that.

No, Obama is smart. He just ain't got no spine.

I'm sure he's intelligent... but smart? Not so much. He lacks the ability to learn and adapt.

As Donald Trump and Steve Wynn,( both former supporters of Obama), they are not any longer, think that he is clueless and incompetent. I agree.

In fact, I seriously doubt that he will be able to raise that billion dollars especially when these two big hitters come out against him.:clap2:

lol

I don't think we will need to worry about a stolen election, as I think it will be a landslide for the GOP. Remember Carter and Reagan, now Obama is being compared to Carter by some of his own people, some Democratic senators and Maureen Daud, they are worried. In fact, I was there for the Carter Reagan election, I could hardly get off work at 5:00 pm before they called the election for Reagan, it was over before they could close the polls in California. In fact, many Californians, did not get the chance to vote as it was over when they got off at 5pm.

Forum List

Back