obama sticks to principle...clinton n mccain pander

uh, the cost of gasoline has gone up 20 twenty in the last week...and as a percentage of the cost the gas tax is only going to shrink...

dude if twenty cents on the gallon is going to make the difference on whether someone takes a vacation...crap...you really think that person should be taking a vacation????

the mentality in this country is unbelievable...when did people stop thinking they needed to pay for things?

we've got bridges collapsing you think we should suspend paying for infrastructure?

:clap2:
Yes 20 cents a gallon does make a big difference in how people percieve the cost of gas to be. I'm pretty certain you have never heard of companies charging $299, in order to convey a cheaper price to the consumer. It also makes a huge difference to trucking companies who are being ate alive by fuel costs. Which in turn inflates the price of everything we buy in this country.

Your telling me that the government can't control it's spending enough to be able to replace the minute amount of tax revenue lost, to give the average american a break at the pump?:eusa_whistle:

"How about we just stop pretending Obama isn't a politician?"

never said he wasn't...just that the facts in this situation show he isn't stooping to pandering.

Yes 20 cents a gallon does make a big difference in how people percieve the cost of gas to be. I'm pretty certain you have never heard of companies charging $299, in order to convey a cheaper price to the consumer. It also makes a huge difference to trucking companies who are being ate alive by fuel costs. Which in turn inflates the price of everything we buy in this country. :

dude...gas is going up twenty every time i fill up.

again your claim was twenty cents was going to make the difference for people going on vacation....:rofl:

of course the reality is most of the whooping 18 cent tax cut wouldn't even go to the people it would go to the oil companies, as any economists will tell you:

"IUN economics professor Donald Coffin took an equally dim view of how much people would save if the feds temporarily rolled back the tax.

"At best, I'm guessing you would see a 6-cent to 9-cent per-gallon decrease," Coffin said. "The rest would go toward oil companies' profits."

"(Oil companies) don't seem to be reacting to the pressure on them now to lower prices," he added. "They're already producing as much fuel as they can, and they are selling it at current prices.

"So they can either reduce prices and have lines at the pumps as drivers increase their demand, or they can keep prices the same and keep meeting current demand."

source:
http://www.post-trib.com/news/925505,issuejobs.article

"Your telling me that the government can't control it's spending enough to be able to replace the minute amount of tax revenue lost, to give the average american a break at the pump?"

No, i'm telling i think we should pay for what we get instead of leaving our children with collapsing bridges.

why in the world do you think it is ok not to be paying for our roads now?

dude...gas is going up twenty every time i fill up.

again your claim was twenty cents was going to make the difference for people going on vacation....:rofl:

of course the reality is most of the whooping 18 cent tax cut wouldn't even go to the people it would go to the oil companies, as any economists will tell you:

"IUN economics professor Donald Coffin took an equally dim view of how much people would save if the feds temporarily rolled back the tax.

"At best, I'm guessing you would see a 6-cent to 9-cent per-gallon decrease," Coffin said. "The rest would go toward oil companies' profits."

"(Oil companies) don't seem to be reacting to the pressure on them now to lower prices," he added. "They're already producing as much fuel as they can, and they are selling it at current prices.

"So they can either reduce prices and have lines at the pumps as drivers increase their demand, or they can keep prices the same and keep meeting current demand."

source:
http://www.post-trib.com/news/925505,issuejobs.article

"Your telling me that the government can't control it's spending enough to be able to replace the minute amount of tax revenue lost, to give the average american a break at the pump?"

No, i'm telling i think we should pay for what we get instead of leaving our children with collapsing bridges.

why in the world do you think it is ok not to be paying for our roads now?

Why do you think it's ok to spend half the current federal budget on social spending? But when it comes to making a difference for the middle class by giving them a break at the pump, you call it pandering?:rolleyes:

"How about we just stop pretending Obama isn't a politician?"

never said he wasn't...just that the facts in this situation show he isn't stooping to pandering.

No, even worse, he's avoiding the situation. He doesn't have a solution. He has no clue what to do to fix this situation. He's opposing the relief just to be opposing it. Find me one good article where he's actually come up with a solution, and I'll concede the point.

No, even worse, he's avoiding the situation. He doesn't have a solution. He has no clue what to do to fix this situation. He's opposing the relief just to be opposing it. Find me one good article where he's actually come up with a solution, and I'll concede the point.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/#improve-energy-efficiency

Support Next Generation Biofuels

* Deploy Cellulosic Ethanol: Obama will invest federal resources, including tax incentives, cash prizes and government contracts into developing the most promising technologies with the goal of getting the first two billion gallons of cellulosic ethanol into the system by 2013.
* Expand Locally-Owned Biofuel Refineries: Less than 10 percent of new ethanol production today is from farmer-owned refineries. New ethanol refineries help jumpstart rural economies. Obama will create a number of incentives for local communities to invest in their biofuels refineries.
* Establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard: Barack Obama will establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard to speed the introduction of low-carbon non-petroleum fuels. The standard requires fuels suppliers to reduce the carbon their fuel emits by ten percent by 2020.
* Increase Renewable Fuel Standard: Obama will require 36 billion gallons of renewable fuels to be included in the fuel supply by 2022 and will increase that to at least 60 billion gallons of advanced biofuels like cellulosic ethanol by 2030.

Set America on Path to Oil Independence

Obama's plan will reduce oil consumption by at least 35 percent, or 10 million barrels per day, by 2030. This will more than offset the equivalent of the oil we would import from OPEC nations in 2030.

* Increase Fuel Economy Standards: Obama will double fuel economy standards within 18 years. His plan will provide retooling tax credits and loan guarantees for domestic auto plants and parts manufacturers, so that they can build new fuel-efficient cars rather than overseas companies. Obama will also invest in advanced vehicle technology such as advanced lightweight materials and new engines.

Improve Energy Efficiency 50 Percent by 2030

* Set National Building Efficiency Goals: Barack Obama will establish a goal of making all new buildings carbon neutral, or produce zero emissions, by 2030. He'll also establish a national goal of improving new building efficiency by 50 percent and existing building efficiency by 25 percent over the next decade to help us meet the 2030 goal.
* Establish a Grant Program for Early Adopters: Obama will create a competitive grant program to award those states and localities that take the first steps to implement new building codes that prioritize energy efficiency.
* Invest in a Digital Smart Grid: Obama will pursue a major investment in our utility grid to enable a tremendous increase in renewable generation and accommodate modern energy requirements, such as reliability, smart metering, and distributed storage

uh, the cost of gasoline has gone up 20 twenty in the last week...and as a percentage of the cost the gas tax is only going to shrink...

dude if twenty cents on the gallon is going to make the difference on whether someone takes a vacation...crap...you really think that person should be taking a vacation????

the mentality in this country is unbelievable...when did people stop thinking they needed to pay for things?

we've got bridges collapsing you think we should suspend paying for infrastructure?

:clap2:

Spoken lie a true Democrat. Let's nto worry about how many people get put out of their homes because of this, let's worry about ensuring we STILL shake them down for every last cent to keep the highways smooth for those can still afford to drive on them.

Have you stopped to consider even once how many people that were living on the edge of their incomes and are now under because gas has gone up almost $2 a gallon?

Thought you were a Democrat ... you know ... the party that cares for the little guy?

Obama's plan will reduce oil consumption by at least 35 percent, or 10 million barrels per day, by 2030. This will more than offset the equivalent of the oil we would import from OPEC nations in 2030.

OBAMA'S plan? Don't make me laugh. Bayh proposed that bill last year, and on June 12, when it came time to vote, guess how Obama voted?

Oh, that's right, he didn't. Just like how he didn't vote on some 30 other measures last year, IMPORTANT measures..

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00209

Forum List

Back