obama sends 1000 paratroopers to..........Iraq

Military officials say they can accomplish that by “repurposing” whatever combat troops remain. Officially, a combat soldier is anyone trained in what are called combat-coded military occupation specialties — among them infantry, artillery and Special Forces — to engage the enemy. But combat troops can be given different missions. From the military’s point of view, a combat soldier is not so much what he is called but what he does.

Not Obama's view, the US Military's view.

Even though the agreement with the Iraqi government calls for all American combat troops to be out of the cities by the end of June, military planners are now quietly acknowledging that many will stay behind as renamed “trainers” and “advisers” in what are effectively combat roles. In other words, they will still be engaged in combat, just called something else.

“Trainers sometimes do get shot at, and they do sometimes have to shoot back,” said John A. Nagl, a retired lieutenant colonel who is one of the authors of the Army’s new counterinsurgency field manual.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/22/washington/22combat.html

Last edited:
Military officials say they can accomplish that by “repurposing” whatever combat troops remain. Officially, a combat soldier is anyone trained in what are called combat-coded military occupation specialties — among them infantry, artillery and Special Forces — to engage the enemy. But combat troops can be given different missions. From the military’s point of view, a combat soldier is not so much what he is called but what he does.

check mate

What IS Combat dante?

You see YOU can dance around what the definition of "is" is.........but in the end it's all a dodge.

WHAT IS COMBAT DANTE?

Obamba is the worst politician ever. Tell me please what a dumb may send forces after the announcement of finishing campaign. Really can he bomb any random country at any random time he like. Somebody should impeach him until we start a war with Iran or China or someone else!!

So the DOD is sending troops they said they would send, and the fruit loop far right is going bonkers.

Dante is correct on his definitions, and Antares is failing as bully again as he did in Omaha yesterday.

Obamba is the worst politician ever. Tell me please what a dumb may send forces after the announcement of finishing campaign. Really can he bomb any random country at any random time he like. Somebody should impeach him until we start a war with Iran or China or someone else!!

Yup, like "the mission accomplished" until it was Surge Time.

Dante hasn't defined anything and Jake is pussy who can't tell me where he was in Omaha yesterday. ;)

"Approximately 1,000 paratroopers from the Army’s famed 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq early next year to help the Iraqi security forces take on the Islamic State, the Pentagon announced Friday."

So um what part of "take on the Islamic state" do you not understand?
Help the Iraqi...

So........they will be "supporting" the Iraqi's but won't shoot back.

There ya have it folks.....

How does that differ from what the President said? Did the President say no American troops will be shooting back in Iraq?

:rofl:

What is Combat Dante?

Even though the agreement with the Iraqi government calls for all American combat troops to be out of the cities by the end of June, military planners are now quietly acknowledging that many will stay behind as renamed “trainers” and “advisers” in what are effectively combat roles. In other words, they will still be engaged in combat, just called something else.

“Trainers sometimes do get shot at, and they do sometimes have to shoot back,” said John A. Nagl, a retired lieutenant colonel who is one of the authors of the Army’s new counterinsurgency field manual.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/22/washington/22combat.html

“We will not be sending troops back into combat in Iraq,” Obama said at a White House press conference. “But I have asked my security advisers to prepare a range of other options.”

The Pentagon rules and therefore the US Military does not consider this aid to be a combat role.

end of story

peep

It is interesting that you are afraid to define Combat Dante.

I am however used to people like you hiding behind semantics and lies.

This plainly is a lie.

Remember, Obama who promised to bring all the troops home and send all the Gitmo inmates back to their friends? Would he have lied about doing that? Would He Who Would Apologize to the world so they'd all love America again? Would He lie?

Yeah, THAT Obama?

Yup, like "the mission accomplished" until it was Surge Time.

So the 'Surge' worked...and then what happened after that Jake?

Seems like a waste to do something twice when everything was working fine the first time. In my opinion anyway.

Forum List

Back