come say hello AGAIN to our little friend: America’s B-1 bomber teaches Iran a firepower lesson

Phactotum

Gold Member
Jan 18, 2024
Some of you might recall, I started a discussion in Politics last week about this exact scenario. I won't get into why the discussion was deleted... I am sure you all realize why. This morning, that did not stop FOX-News.com from doing what I did last week.

Do you agree, that the USA showed Iran how that B-1 Bomber gets down??

Like I alluded to last week, FOX-News article says "let me assure you, Friday’s strikes were just a taste of what the B-1s can unleash." Which is definitely the truth!

B-1 Lancer Bomber flying

"For the B-1 crews who flew Friday, those regions of Syria and Iraq are like their backyard. B-1s have flown combat missions for Central Command for years, pounding fixed targets, eliminating chemical weapons sites, and flying over friendly ground forces for hours, targeting ISIS insurgents one precision bomb at a time.
The B-1s have the biggest payload of any American bomber. Heck, each B-1 can carry 42,000 pounds of precision, individually-targetable munitions. That means IRGC safe houses and weapons routes in Syria and Iraq can be turned into a moonscape. Think about that, Esmail Ghani."

Some of you might recall, I started a discussion in Politics last week about this exact scenario. I won't get into why the discussion was deleted... I am sure you all realize why. This morning, that did not stop FOX-News.com from doing what I did last week.

Like I alluded to last week, FOX-News article says "let me assure you, Friday’s strikes were just a taste of what the B-1s can unleash." Which is definitely the truth!

B-1 Lancer Bomber flying

"For the B-1 crews who flew Friday, those regions of Syria and Iraq are like their backyard. B-1s have flown combat missions for Central Command for years, pounding fixed targets, eliminating chemical weapons sites, and flying over friendly ground forces for hours, targeting ISIS insurgents one precision bomb at a time.
The B-1s have the biggest payload of any American bomber. Heck, each B-1 can carry 42,000 pounds of precision, individually-targetable munitions. That means IRGC safe houses and weapons routes in Syria and Iraq can be turned into a moonscape. Think about that, Esmail Ghani."
They should of flown a B-52 right over Tehran and carpet bombed that shitcity right out of existance......

B-1 Lancer Bomber flying

Iran doesn't give a shit if we strike their proxies scattered across other countries. Biden & Company are just saber-rattling pussies, they wouldn't dare conduct a strike on Iran itself

• Banned
They should of flown a B-52...

Do you think a B-52 would NOT have been taken out by the modern-day arsenal of our enemy?
That plane is pretty ancient, so I can see why the DoD decided it was not the best option for this mission.

B-1 Lancer Bomber flying

Looking for a major policy announcement of official open-ended escalation of the warfare in that region, are you?

• Banned
Looking for a major policy announcement

I am prrretty sure we are witnessing how there is no need for policy to be announced in order to see open-ended escalation of the warfare in that region.

oh yeah
btw

What do you think of that B-1 Bomber display, over there??

I am prrretty sure we are witnessing how there is no need for policy to be announced in order to see open-ended escalation of the warfare in that region.

oh yeah
btw

What do you think of that B-1 Bomber display, over there??
Then what is your point?

B-1 Lancer Bomber flying

It only took a half hour. A pair of nuclear capable B-52H's were also in on the mission. The B-1B payload can vary with an armament of 75,000 lbs. It can carry 8 air-fired cruise missiles or 24 SRAMS or 24 nukes or 84 conventional 500 lb. bombs.

Then what is your point?

Review the OP, my point is complete and concise.

You can always start a discussion, about your point/your concern for "major policy announcement" or "official open-ended escalation of the warfare in that region". My point here, is only about the Politics relative to the B1-Bombers performaning over in Iraq and Syria last week.

Review the OP, my point is complete and concise.

You can always start a discussion, about your point/your concern for "major policy announcement" or "official open-ended escalation of the warfare in that region". My point here, is only about the Politics relative to the B1-Bombers performaning over in Iraq and Syria last week.
What politics is that?

are you trolling in here?? or just looking for reason to delete another of my threads?

Do you think a B-52 would NOT have been taken out by the modern-day arsenal of our enemy?
That plane is pretty ancient, so I can see why the DoD decided it was not the best option for this mission.
They dont call it the StratoFortress for nothing. Send in a few wild weasels to take our their Sam's and Iran would be riding camels again for 500 more years.

American interests.

Whole reason B1-Bombers were sent to perform. Remember?
You suggested political interests. What political interests did you have in mind and how do you feel about it. What is your position?

What political interests did you have in mind...
Why use the B-1 in this instance? Why did we NOT opt for more UAV's instead? Or, B-52s? Was it because the B-1's resume in that terrain? Such as when it blessed the Syria-Turkey border's terrain with "1,700 weapons in a few weeks of close air support for Kurdish troops" ???

feel free, to reply back with some focus on the B-1 Bomber

Why use the B-1 in this instance? Why did we NOT opt for more UAV's instead? Or, B-52s? Was it because the B-1's resume in that terrain? Such as when it blessed the Syria-Turkey border's terrain with "1,700 weapons in a few weeks of close air support for Kurdish troops" ???
Probably just picked, as specific use, for characteristics that support the mission, suited to it multipurpose nature, operational altitude, radar signature, etc, picked by some ranking air force geek, skilled in matching equipment to mission parameters. I don't read anything into it.

I wonder when the last day went by when the US military didnt kill someone.

I am sorta over spending $1,000,000,000,000 per year on war.

Forum List

Back