obama sends 1000 paratroopers to..........Iraq

this is why the dems will get skunked in the next election again.
you just can't lie lie, and lie

Boots above the ground 1 000 Army paratroopers being deployed to Iraq Twitchy

This is why people don't believe anything that dribbles out of your foaming mouth:

About 1,000 paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq in late January, the Defense Department announced Friday.

The soldiers from 3rd Brigade Combat Team will train, advise and assist Iraqi security forces as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, said Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby during a briefing Friday.

1 000 paratroopers to deploy to Iraq

Approximately 1,000 paratroopers from the Army’s famed 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq early next year to help the Iraqi security forces take on the Islamic State, the Pentagon announced Friday.
The soldiers from the 82nd’s 3rd Brigade Combat Team, based at Fort Bragg, N.C., will begin to deploy in late January to train, advise and assist the ISF, Pentagon press secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby told reporters.

1 000 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne headed to Iraq - U.S. - Stripes
--------------------------
President Obama said he would not put U.S. boots on the ground in Iraq, but left the door open for other forms of military action in response to the growing sectarian violence in the country.

“We will not be sending troops back into combat in Iraq,” Obama said at a White House press conference. “But I have asked my security advisers to prepare a range of other options.”

Obama: US won’t send troops into combat in Iraq
06/13/14 12:19 PM—Updated 06/25/14 05:07 PM
Obama US won t send troops into combat in Iraq MSNBC

Last edited:
Here's another version of the story:

US Moving Airborne Brigade to Iraq

No boots on the ground! A definitive statement by our Commander-in-Chief

But...

Stars and Stripes reports that 1,000 troops from the 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq early in 2015.

That doesn't surprise me. How about you?

Read the story @ 1 000 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne headed to Iraq - U.S. - Stripes the unofficial “official” news organization of the DOD.
“We will not be sending troops back into combat in Iraq,” Obama said at a White House press conference. “But I have asked my security advisers to prepare a range of other options.”

Do you use pom poms and wear a nifty uniform when you cheer for Daesh? Also, to you have any awareness of the type of weapon you are discussing? Do you know anything about the energy source of the weapon? Do you even know were Daesh is alleged to have gotten them? You may be celebrating the shoot down of US aircraft a bit early.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

(Ya can't hide the idiots folks, they simply will not allow it.)
I am attempting to ascertain whether you know what you are talking about, or not. Your response indicates you do not know anything about the weapons you are discussing.

LOL! Sheeeaaait... you're attempting to paint me as a supporter of that which I come to oppose.

But, in fairness, as pitiful as it is, ya do so only because ya have no potential alternative.

Look, this is real simple stuff.

Your Peasantpimp formed ISIS... he's funded them, trained them and armed 'em. He did so for a reason and it has DICK to do with freeing Egypt or Syria. He did it to Attack the US. And he used them to attack the US, at the Benghazi Mission.

Part and Parcel of that was his providing them 400 Shoulder Fired Surface to Air Missiles... along with enormous supplies of small arms and other logistical support.

Now those things are perfect for many things, as long as those things are oriented around shooting down aircraft.

So the equation then becomes, what would be the most effective thing that can be done to injure the US?

Now, we know that the attack on Benghazi was kidnap Stevens and use him as a hostage, as a means to get back the heaviest Islamic Hitters in US Custody... 'the blink sheik' etc.

That was squashed when Stevens succumbed to the fire... So now, what do they need most? An assload of American Hostages, and hostages of the 'can't not trade for variety' and nothing will get there faster than isolating 1000 US Airborne troops.

Presto-whammo... The Blind Sheik is freed... along with whatever other islamic douche-bag (Pardon the redundancy) that we have sitting in an air conditioned cell, with cable TV and all the Muslim tripe ya can eat.
PLUS, there's the added bonus of the US being humiliated.

Now... maybe that's not the plan. I'm just looking at the players and the cards they have and telling ya how I see it.

I know for a dam' fact that 1000 airborne troops is grossly insufficient to do anything, in terms of removing ISIS from Iraq, which the last I heard has 20 - 30 times those forces and is presently enjoying the use of US Military equipment cached around Iraq.

So... given their strategic prowess, my guess is that it won't be long before we're all sitting around our televisions listening to the Peasantpimp explain his OUTRAGE over whatever it is that he will be moving to avoid responsibility for, which at the end of the day, has injured the United States... and naturally, resulted in the deaths of US Servicemen.
So, in short, you are full of wacko conspiracy theories ... .

Conspiracy theories? Which is to say what, that people do not conspire? Even as you convey your firm knowledge that ISIS has no intention of attacking US Forces... which is a delicious irony when it so closely follows your previous assertion that I was cheerleading for ISIS. (And don't ya just LOVE how she uses the European distraction "Daesh", designed to deflect a singular understanding of ISIS?) LOL! Adorable...

LOL! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT ONE!

(Remember when they used that one to try and explain away "Fast and Furious"? Then they'd immediately return to announce that 'Bush Conspired to do the same THING!")

And your 2nd concession to the same standing points is duly noted and summarily accepted.
I call the Daesh because they hate to be called that. It is a crime in their territory to call them that. They insist on being called the Caliphate or Islamic State or even ISIS. You can call them what makes them happy if you want. I prefer to insult them.
I have no doubt that Daesh wishes to attack American forces. I have been challenging you on your assertion that they are supplied with MANPADS supplied by the President or any other American.

But...

Stars and Stripes reports that 1,000 troops from the 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq early in 2015.

Read the story @ 1 000 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne headed to Iraq - U.S. - Stripes the unofficial “official” news organization of the DOD.

There's no surprise at all... I stated that 400 Shoulder Fired Surface to Air Missiles would be used to destroy US Forces somewhere in the ME shortly after we learned that the US had provided such to Islamic rebels in Egypt and Syria, from former Libyan caches... Although I felt that such would be toward the end of the Afghanistan draw down.

But in fairness... that was within a few days of Benghazi, many months before we had enough information to know that the weapons at the core of that treason were being used to equip what has since come to be known as "ISIS".

Now, with a small contingent of Airborn, lightly armed and wholly dependent upon air cover... it appears that we're about to see the plan come together.

You appear to be retired Army... so tell me what you think of sending in such a small force to set against a well funded, highly capable, widely spread force?

Idjit!

Not sending in such a small force to set against a well funded, highly capable, widely spread force. :rofl:

read what is a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y being done.

:laugh2:

But...

Technically, there will not be any boots on the ground if they jump out of the airplanes head first, with no chutes.

If that happens, it'll be heads in the sand.
The soldiers from 3rd Brigade Combat Team will train, advise and assist Iraqi security forces as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, said Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby during a briefing Friday.

Last edited:
You appear to be retired Army... so tell me what you think of sending in such a small force to set against a well funded, highly capable, widely spread force?

To call a modern airborne brigade "lightly armed' is a bit of a misnomer. Just because they don't have heavy armor and artillery doesn't mean they aren't a formidable force.

In addition, they will be "training and advising" Iraqi forces that DO have the heavy equipment we gave them.

Finally, in spite of being "well-funded" I don't think the majority of ISIL forces are well trained or even disciplined. As the Kurds have proven, they can be defeated by lightly-armed for deeply driven forces.

My complaint about this is that Obama is once again backing down from his promises and doing so without consulting with Congress as our form of government is supposed to do.

Ok... And 'lightly armed' does speak to the absence of heavy armor. Good points tho'.

I have precisely zero faith in the Iraqi Military. But I never set foot there, never met a single one... so I will concede to you, who I presume has.

Suffice it to say, I hope that I am wrong. But I fear that I am not. The US means to pipe up support for those guys is very limited, compared to what was and otherwise needs to be. It wouldn't take much of a fight to set them well within 'deep shit' territory, in terms of logistics and given the ROEs the Jackass in chief is infamous for, those poor guys are being sent dead center into the tiny area between the Rock and a Hard Place.

Again... the last time obama sent insufficient US Forces into hostile territory, they were attacked and he went to Vegas, as they were being murdered.
Very competent...

To call a modern airborne brigade "lightly armed' is a bit of a misnomer. Just because they don't have heavy armor and artillery doesn't mean they aren't a formidable force.

In addition, they will be "training and advising" Iraqi forces that DO have the heavy equipment we gave them.

Finally, in spite of being "well-funded" I don't think the majority of ISIL forces are well trained or even disciplined. As the Kurds have proven, they can be defeated by lightly-armed for deeply driven forces.

My complaint about this is that Obama is once again backing down from his promises and doing so without consulting with Congress as our form of government is supposed to do.
Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

(Ya can't hide the idiots folks, they simply will not allow it.)
I am attempting to ascertain whether you know what you are talking about, or not. Your response indicates you do not know anything about the weapons you are discussing.

LOL! Sheeeaaait... you're attempting to paint me as a supporter of that which I come to oppose.

But, in fairness, as pitiful as it is, ya do so only because ya have no potential alternative.

Look, this is real simple stuff.

Your Peasantpimp formed ISIS... he's funded them, trained them and armed 'em. He did so for a reason and it has DICK to do with freeing Egypt or Syria. He did it to Attack the US. And he used them to attack the US, at the Benghazi Mission.

Part and Parcel of that was his providing them 400 Shoulder Fired Surface to Air Missiles... along with enormous supplies of small arms and other logistical support.

Now those things are perfect for many things, as long as those things are oriented around shooting down aircraft.

So the equation then becomes, what would be the most effective thing that can be done to injure the US?

Now, we know that the attack on Benghazi was kidnap Stevens and use him as a hostage, as a means to get back the heaviest Islamic Hitters in US Custody... 'the blink sheik' etc.

That was squashed when Stevens succumbed to the fire... So now, what do they need most? An assload of American Hostages, and hostages of the 'can't not trade for variety' and nothing will get there faster than isolating 1000 US Airborne troops.

Presto-whammo... The Blind Sheik is freed... along with whatever other islamic douche-bag (Pardon the redundancy) that we have sitting in an air conditioned cell, with cable TV and all the Muslim tripe ya can eat.
PLUS, there's the added bonus of the US being humiliated.

Now... maybe that's not the plan. I'm just looking at the players and the cards they have and telling ya how I see it.

I know for a dam' fact that 1000 airborne troops is grossly insufficient to do anything, in terms of removing ISIS from Iraq, which the last I heard has 20 - 30 times those forces and is presently enjoying the use of US Military equipment cached around Iraq.

So... given their strategic prowess, my guess is that it won't be long before we're all sitting around our televisions listening to the Peasantpimp explain his OUTRAGE over whatever it is that he will be moving to avoid responsibility for, which at the end of the day, has injured the United States... and naturally, resulted in the deaths of US Servicemen.
So, in short, you are full of wacko conspiracy theories ... .

Conspiracy theories? Which is to say what, that people do not conspire? Even as you convey your firm knowledge that ISIS has no intention of attacking US Forces... which is a delicious irony when it so closely follows your previous assertion that I was cheerleading for ISIS. (And don't ya just LOVE how she uses the European distraction "Daesh", designed to deflect a singular understanding of ISIS?) LOL! Adorable...

LOL! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT ONE!

(Remember when they used that one to try and explain away "Fast and Furious"? Then they'd immediately return to announce that 'Bush Conspired to do the same THING!")

And your 2nd concession to the same standing points is duly noted and summarily accepted.
I call the Daesh because they hate to be called that. It is a crime in their territory to call them that. They insist on being called the Caliphate or Islamic State or even ISIS. You can call them what makes them happy if you want. I prefer to insult them.
I have no doubt that Daesh wishes to attack American forces. I have been challenging you on your assertion that they are supplied with MANPADS supplied by the President or any other American.
Daesh is European distraction? OMG, some of the people you are arguing with are absolutely nuts.

The term derives from an Arabic acronym for Al Dawla Al Islamiyah fi Al Iraq wa Al Sham.

Just because Europeans are playing with how and why to use the term -- that Arabs are using...

It's more right wing noise machine attacking our European allies

Advise?......hmmmm..........seems the only advice they can give the Iraqi security forces is to not throw down their arms and retreat.

But...

Technically, there will not be any boots on the ground if they jump out of the airplanes head first, with no chutes.

We are all aware of how the administration plays fast and loose with terms like 'boots on the ground' and 'combat' troops.

We are sending people back to Iraq - I don't care what terms they use to make it seem as though we really are not doing what we are actually doing.

people have glossed over the exact phrasing: "I don't think the majority of ISIL forces are well trained or even disciplined."

But...

We are all aware of how the administration plays fast and loose with terms like 'boots on the ground' and 'combat' troops.

We are sending people back to Iraq - I don't care what terms they use to make it seem as though we really are not doing what we are actually doing.

nothing fast and loose but your ignorance and avoidance of facts you dislike

No one said we would NOT send military back into Iraq

This wouldn't be an issue if we hadn't gone in there in the first place.

At a cost of trillions of dollars, thousands of young American military lives, thousands more young American military maimed minds and bodies, an emboldened Iran and an even more unstable Middle East.

Yeah, that was a great move, you bet.

Very competent...

Hysterical... and no doubt those who attacked the Libyan Mission were bad at jumping jacks too... But they set upon that compound a well executed attack, which has been supported by excellent intelligence, in terms of the internal layout of the compound itself, the defenses available inside and out... in terms of where and the available weapons and strength of the outlying US support.

Now, you may choose to dismiss that, but the fact is that doing so has proven to be exceedingly lethal.

Those 1000 troops are being setup to fail. As the minimal strength necessary to even begin to mount an effective DEFENSE if ten times that number... with any hope of an effective offense, being resting around 100 times that being sent to 'assist' those who have shown little to no means to do so with 250 times those numbers serving in 'front line combat roles'.

Last edited:

This wouldn't be an issue if we hadn't gone in there in the first place.

At a cost of trillions of dollars, thousands of young American military lives, thousands more young American military maimed minds and bodies, an emboldened Iran and an even more unstable Middle East.

Yeah, that was a great move, you bet.

Going there was the right thing to do... going there to manage their culture, was not. We should have gone there, conquered them, eviscerated their government and left. And the same with the Iranians...
Sadly Afghanistan is already rubble and represents no opportunity for conquest, as they possess nothing to destroy... but once we had destroyed the means of the Taliban to govern, we should have left there as well. And returned as many times as necessary to do it again... whenever there again was a government comprised of those prone toward sustaining threats to the US.

But... hey, where Progressives are present, be they Democrat or Republican, if whatever is at issue can be F^cked up... you can rest assured that f^cked it will BE.

And nothing screws up a war, like trying to befriend those caught in the middle of it. They're life is at risk the entire time the war rages and the most that can be practically be done for their benefit is to end the war as quickly as possible. And Progressives, well... they don't think it fair to win the war, so to prevent that, they prolong the war, profit from its engine, amplifying the suffering of everyone.

But...

Oh, its' better than THAT.

We're sending insufficient troops back to Iraq... a tactical blunder, which could easily be concluded to be the result of strategic ignorance.

However, where one takes a look at which side: That of the Enemies of the US, or that of the US... have profited since the Left took power... there isn't much to debate on what strategy is being applied... thus what strategy is being served by sending in grossly insufficient forces back into Iraq.

What you're looking at these folks is the means for ISIS to provide the Iraqis with a little PAY, setting ISIS up as the ISLAMIC ARMY who defeated America.

Its really the only thing that makes sense.

Now the question becomes "Why did the Generals accept it?"

The Command structure has been rinsed of professional warriors. Those slots are now filled with politicians.

And THAT friends is a VERY dangerous paradigm indeed.

But...

Oh, its' better than THAT.

We're sending insufficient troops back to Iraq... a tactical blunder, which could easily be concluded to be the result of strategic ignorance.
Tell it to the Pentagon advisers. What was your rank again, Field Mouse-al?

But...

They'll be in Combat fighting and dying......Prez lied again.

But...

They'll be in Combat fighting and dying......Prez lied again.

Why are you lying? Why are you ignoring what the President said?

About 1,000 paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq in late January, the Defense Department announced Friday.

Approximately 1,000 paratroopers from the Army’s famed 82nd Airborne Division will deploy to Iraq early next year to help the Iraqi security forces take on the Islamic State, the Pentagon announced Friday.
The soldiers from the 82nd’s 3rd Brigade Combat Team, based at Fort Bragg, N.C., will begin to deploy in late January to train, advise and assist the ISF, Pentagon press secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby told reporters.

1 000 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne headed to Iraq - U.S. - Stripes
--------------------------
President Obama said he would not put U.S. boots on the ground in Iraq, but left the door open for other forms of military action in response to the growing sectarian violence in the country.

Obama: US won’t send troops into combat in Iraq
06/13/14 12:19 PM—Updated 06/25/14 05:07 PM
Obama US won t send troops into combat in Iraq MSNBC

Forum List

Back