By the way, EZ-Pass drivers: Big Brother is watching you

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
You folks in states that have EZ-Pass on their toll roads: Did you think it was merely a convenience that they so generously made available to you?

They're clocking your speed from toll gate to toll gate. And keeping the records for future use.

Pass two toll gates 10 miles apart in only 8 minutes, and they'll send you a Nastygram. Do it again, and they'll remember the first time, and revoke your EZ-Pass.

Do you think it will be much longer before they start forwarding your information to the cops?

And you thought EZ-Pass was just there to collect tolls?

Sucker.

Aren't you glad you voted for big government?

-------------------------------------

Not just tolls E-Z Pass keeping an eye on speeders

Not just tolls: E-Z Pass keeping an eye on speeders

Larry Copeland, USA TODAY 1:04 a.m. EST December 20, 2014

Warning to motorists: Don't speed in the toll lanes. E-Z Pass is watching.

Several states, including New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania, say they monitor speeds through the fast pass toll lanes and will suspend your E-Z Pass for multiple speeding violations.

In all, five of the 15 E-Z Pass states have some kind of rules on the books for breaking the speed limit in the convenience lanes.

"You can lose your E-Z Pass privileges if you speed through E-Z Pass lanes," says Dan Weiller, director of communications for the New York State Thruway Authority. "You get a couple of warnings. We don't have the power to give a ticket, but we do have to power to revoke your E-Z Pass, which we will."

He and tolling officials in several other states say the issue is the safety of human toll collectors. "At most toll barriers, we have a mix of E-Z Pass lanes and standard toll lanes," Weiller says.

On Maryland toll roads, drivers' speed is monitored in the free-flowing toll lanes, which have a 30 mph speed limit, says Becky Freeberger, a spokeswoman for the Maryland Transportation Authority. "If we clock you at 12 mph more than that, we will send you a warning, saying slow down," she says. "It's not a ticket." If a driver gets a second such notice within six months, their E-Z Pass account can be suspended for up to 60 days.

Did you actually READ and UNDERSTAND the article you posted? Your commentary is a response to something not in the article!

And just wait for the time when your wife or girlfriend calls you at work, you don't answer the phone, she calls around and other workers say they haven't seen you all day, and she calls the police to file a Missing Persons report. They subpoena the EZ-Pass records and find that your EZ-Pass was clocked through four consecutive stations, all the way to the exit where your buxom blonde secretary lives. You know, the one who called in sick that morning.

And just wait for the time when your wife or girlfriend calls you at work, you don't answer the phone, she calls around and other workers say they haven't seen you all day, and she calls the police to file a Missing Persons report. They subpoena the EZ-Pass records and find that your EZ-Pass was clocked through four consecutive stations, all the way to the exit where your buxom blonde secretary lives. You know, the one who called in sick that morning.

I think you might want to take your meds and go back to bed.

At least you're consistent at being ridiculous.
TRANSLATION: We can't refute or answer what you wrote, but we hate it anyway. So we'll attack the messenger instead, insult you, smear you without justification, and hope somebody believes us instead of you.

(Remarkable how liberal fanatics always resort to the same tactics when they lose a debate.)

You folks in states that have EZ-Pass on their toll roads: Did you think it was merely a convenience that they so generously made available to you?

They're clocking your speed from toll gate to toll gate. And keeping the records for future use.

Pass two toll gates 10 miles apart in only 8 minutes, and they'll send you a Nastygram. Do it again, and they'll remember the first time, and revoke your EZ-Pass.

Do you think it will be much longer before they start forwarding your information to the cops?

Sucker.

Several states, including New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania, say they monitor speeds through the fast pass toll lanes and will suspend your E-Z Pass for multiple speeding violations.

In all, five of the 15 E-Z Pass states have some kind of rules on the books for breaking the speed limit in the convenience lanes.

"You can lose your E-Z Pass privileges if you speed through E-Z Pass lanes," says Dan Weiller, director of communications for the New York State Thruway Authority. "You get a couple of warnings. We don't have the power to give a ticket, but we do have to power to revoke your E-Z Pass, which we will."

He and tolling officials in several other states say the issue is the safety of human toll collectors. "At most toll barriers, we have a mix of E-Z Pass lanes and standard toll lanes," Weiller says.

On Maryland toll roads, drivers' speed is monitored in the free-flowing toll lanes, which have a 30 mph speed limit, says Becky Freeberger, a spokeswoman for the Maryland Transportation Authority. "If we clock you at 12 mph more than that, we will send you a warning, saying slow down," she says. "It's not a ticket." If a driver gets a second such notice within six months, their E-Z Pass account can be suspended for up to 60 days.

This is your concern? Read Greenwald's book, "No Place to Hide" if you want your eyes opened into what's been happening in the digital age as a result of the Patriot Act and gov't fears of terrorism. It's being used as a justification for spying on ALL Americans ALL the time. No fooling!

Little-Acorn said:
TRANSLATION: We can't refute or answer what you wrote, but we hate it anyway. So we'll attack the messenger instead, insult you, smear you without justification, and hope somebody believes us instead of you.
(Remarkable how liberal fanatics always resort to the same tactics when they lose a debate.)
Conspiracy NUT alert... thats the point..
Look, there goes another one! :D

You just woke up this morning and realized that technology increases have made a lot of things possible? No need to refute your claims, because they are all true, but this is the world we live in. People have always been afraid of new things. My grandmother would never sit directly in front of a TV because she thought it could look up her dress. Your silly concerns are similar to hers. Either accept the fact that new technology will be used, or go hide in the woods, off the grid, where you won't have to worry about all these new fangled things.

I doubt that fear of new things is the correct answer. More like misuse of new things. EZ-Pass lanes are an extra payment method to bypass heavy traffic, yet are being used as speeding tests. Besides, no one wanted to look up your grandmother's dress.

A. I'm not a liberal.

B. How does one refute hypothetical nonsense without looking as ridiculous as the person who posed it?

I doubt that fear of new things is the correct answer. More like misuse of new things. EZ-Pass lanes are an extra payment method to bypass heavy traffic, yet are being used as speeding tests. Besides, no one wanted to look up your grandmother's dress.

New technology will be used. You don't have to like it, but you do have to understand that's the way it is. I feel the same way about radar guns and red light cameras, but it's silly to whine and demand a return to a previous time. If I were her, I would have shielded the TV from the secret of her Pot Roast. That was a secret she protected at least as much as her modesty.

New technology will be used. You don't have to like it, but you do have to understand that's the way it is. I feel the same way about radar guns and red light cameras, but it's silly to whine and demand a return to a previous time. If I were her, I would have shielded the TV from the secret of her Pot Roast. That was a secret she protected at least as much as her modesty.
Understanding it and agreeing with it are two different things. Even your grandfather got sick of that after awhile.

Understanding it and agreeing with it are two different things. Even your grandfather got sick of that after awhile.

Like I said.......You don't have to like it, but you do have to understand that's the way it is.

don't break the law and EZ Pass never knows you're there. Its not like the state doesn't have your license plate # on record already .... woe is me.

Like I said.......You don't have to like it, but you do have to understand that's the way it is.
He understood, alright. That's why you're here.

Sucker.

I think you misunderstood the thrust of the story.....Toll road authorities are not timing trips. They are clocking vehicles as they pass through the toll booths.
I can understand and I agree that safety is the issue here.
I was once paying my toll ( I do not live in a state where toll roads are prevalent) in cash while a car flashes through the toll plaza at a high rate of speed using the EZ Pass lane.
A NY State Trooper sped off after the NASCAR enthusiast and stopped him....I can only imagine it was a safety issue.

Forum List

Back