Obama Says Essentially For Us To Forget About $2 Gas

im not the one complaining about rising gas prices like you are. i made the decision 5 years ago when gas spiked to get a more fuel efficient car. thats called personal responsibility and planning ahead.

if youre that upset, why not protest the oil companies. or buy yourself a scooter. do you ever thing before you post either????

The only snag is all of the big-mouths in his administration that have been telling us they want the price to go up......including himself before he was elected.

It's one thing to say you understand our pain, it's yet another to act like you could care less at the same time.

obama-spread-wealth.jpg
do you not agree that without higher gas prices, no one will explore alternative energies?

this was the same discussion 5 years ago when gas spiked. there was a huge interest in hybrid cars and improving fuel efficiency. thus i made the decision back then that i would not be affect like i was before should gas prices rise. i know many people who made the same decision. now that gas prices have started to rise again, people are complaining because they went back to buying big trucks and SUV's.

maybe now people will take alternative and renewable energies seriously.

btw thats a terrible comic, since it refers to fundraising. if you wanted candidates to have the same amount of money, then you need to have election reform and have all candidate take public money in the same amount. otherwise, thats just capitalism at its finest.

Obama loves to spread the wealth but he's told Democrat candidates to forget about getting any of the money he's getting at his fundraisers this time. I felt the cartoon illustrated his selfishness and his hypocrisy.

Understanding consumers one knows the market will fuel the demand. Eventually it will get to the point that people will demand alternatives without playing games. Artificially causing the price to go up just because you're a treehugger is dishonest and unethical, if not against the law. They have laws to stop gas stations from gouging the public. What's the difference when the government does it.

It doesn't matter what your goal is when the means you take to accomplishment it robs the consumer of billions in the process. Someone like Obama claims to care in his speeches but now we're finding out he's why it's happening in the first place. Fast and Furious is tiny in compared to this scam.

Obama has blamed so many of his actions on others. This is just one of them. It is just one more nail in the coffin of his reelection. He spends millions trying to convince us he's not doing what he's doing. He spends more time trying to trick us and hardly any time actually doing his damned job.

Last edited:
That's about what I remember it being, post-911/pre-Iraq invasion. Around $1.39 here.

The day Clinton left office, it was $1.09 here.

As with everything else it takes Obama half as long as Bush to double the price. Well, I think by this November the price will be over $5, so that's more than double. It's already over $5 in some parts of the country. We're heading up toward Europe prices real quick......just like his energy sec wants.

Oil production on federal land is down 11% but up 14% on private property.

Who is responsible for that?

It takes 5 to 7 years to get to the point of actually producing oil in this country once you start drilling. It would take 9 months if it weren't for the government red-tape.

Who is responsible for that?

If all of these wells on private lands are now producing more oil than ever before who is responsible for that?

Not Obama.

Once again Obama is attempting to take credit for Bush policies.

Then provide a link to the quote so we can hear it for ourselves. We don't prove negatives around here.
No link? You heard shit.
BTW any idiot knows gas prices are much higher in Europe. This is due to taxation.
The market price for gasoline is the same around the world. The Euros tax the shit out of it. Is it your conclusion that we here in the States should be paying upwards of $7 per gallon?

I didn't quote anybody, dipshit. I said that I heard on a talk show that one of the factors determining the difference in price between the US and Europe is that in the US, we subsidize big oil, which translates into lower gas prices compared to Europe, where they don't subsidize big oil. Like I said, you don't buy it? Then prove it wrong. I couldn't care less what you do. BTW, I noticed you couldn't dispute anything else in my post; so, you decided to focus on the one vague point I made. Hack.
Then you have no proof you heard it. In any event that subsidy thing is hogwash.

First, Europe has limited oil reserves. European nations import almost ALL of their consumable oil and fuel.
The majority of the pump prices paid by European drivers are in the form of taxes.
The lack of subsidies is immaterial.
Us oil companies are paltry. Oil Company “Subsidies” Clarified « Hot Air.
Fact is most of the money goes to small independent companies exploration outfits and geological firms.
Your argument is nonsense. The price we pay is unaffected by government giveaways.
To further debunk your silly argument.
Today the wholesale price of regular gas on the New York Mercantile Exchange closed at $3.31 per gallon. That is the market price. Here in the US typical pump price is about 70 cents to one dollar higher allowing for taxes, delivery charges and retailer profit.
The Euros pay the same price. Their final pump price is determined by taxes added by each nation. If what you say is true then the price of gas would be about the same throughout the continent. It isn't. There is about a $4 per gallon difference between the lowest and highest pump prices.
Please stop the subsidy crap. It's not true.
You can believe what you want. The facts say otherwise.

Still grasping at the one afterthought I had; yet ignoring the rest of my post - which we both know you can't refute. You should learn to pick your battles.

Then provide a link to the quote so we can hear it for ourselves. We don't prove negatives around here.
No link? You heard shit.
BTW any idiot knows gas prices are much higher in Europe. This is due to taxation.
The market price for gasoline is the same around the world. The Euros tax the shit out of it. Is it your conclusion that we here in the States should be paying upwards of $7 per gallon?

I didn't quote anybody, dipshit. I said that I heard on a talk show that one of the factors determining the difference in price between the US and Europe is that in the US, we subsidize big oil, which translates into lower gas prices compared to Europe, where they don't subsidize big oil. Like I said, you don't buy it? Then prove it wrong. I couldn't care less what you do. BTW, I noticed you couldn't dispute anything else in my post; so, you decided to focus on the one vague point I made. Hack.
Dipshit? Hey...Fuck you.
If you're gonna hurl insults, go for the gold.
If you are going to post dumb stuff like "I heard" avoid the nonsense and quote the person who said it. Simple.

Thin-skinned, aren't you? If you don't like being called a dipshit, then I suggest you don't throw around words like 'idiot'. Faux-outrage noted.

Hey.......Im nothing less than giddy this fraud of a president isnt going to do dick about gas prices.

He'll be fucked..........even the committed lefty journals are conceding it.............

Will This Gas Price Map Decide Obama's Election Map? - Jordan Weissmann - Business - The Atlantic

I say......go.........go........go. Bow on all fours to your lefty k00k environmental base and be gone come November. Boob McNut will be able to run and pwn you!!!:D:D:coffee:

Cant wait 'till debate time and Romney highlights the effect Bush's 2008 signing of a bill allowing continental shelft drilling and the effect it had on oil prices/barrel. Dropped $30 in two days and $150 to $40 within a few months. Obama response, "Well.......we should just get used to $4.00 gas!!!":funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

Last edited:
Now if you want the government to be in charge of domestic gas prices..that's another argument entirely.

What I have heard repeatedly is the our energy supply is of critical nationl importance. If this is fact, then why in the hell would we sell our dwindling supply of crude to other investors anywhere in the world? Sell our national treasure to the highest world wide bidder.

Oh I know. It's capitalism. And those companies have a god given right to drill our oil and sell it back to us at prices that reflect the world market prices. Even though it is Americas oil.

Yea I could see where the governmnet needs to take over the oil industry in America. I mean it is of critical nationl importance. Right? And the oil companies are only loyal to profit and the bottom line. The oil companies could give a shit less where they sell our oil.

Nothing like cutting your own throat.

That would be sorta the logical thing to do. But we are not discussing logical people. For nearly a century or so we've been sending kids to go world wide and stomp on foreign people to grab their resources. Additionally we've given all sorts of goodies to big oil like cheap land use rates, grants and subsidies. What has that gotten us? A great deal of expense for "cheap" oil. And the "new" argument is to give big oil more..in the hope that they will charge less for their product. It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

Big oil..is out for profit. That's it. They are not patriotic. They are not altruists. They are self motivated.

He's right. Speculators, OPEC and the political environment in places like Iran, determine gas prices. I've also heard that we have cheaper gas than Europe does because we give subsidies to big oil. US production isn't the determining factor either. US production has increased significantly under the Obama administration.
I absolutely agree with the first sentence re: speculators, OPEC, etc.

However gasoline prices are higher in Europe primarily due to higher taxes.
Also, Brent crude is selling at a $15/barrel premium to U.S. produced crudes.

BTW there are no subsides to the U.S. oil industry.

He's right. Speculators, OPEC and the political environment in places like Iran, determine gas prices. I've also heard that we have cheaper gas than Europe does because we give subsidies to big oil. US production isn't the determining factor either. US production has increased significantly under the Obama administration.

Really?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04bptax.html

At the same time, BP was reaping sizable tax benefits from leasing the rig. According to a letter sent in June to the Senate Finance Committee, the company used a tax break for the oil industry to write off 70 percent of the rent for Deepwater Horizon — a deduction of more than $225,000 a day since the lease began.

With federal officials now considering a new tax on petroleum production to pay for the cleanup, the industry is fighting the measure, warning that it will lead to job losses and higher gasoline prices, as well as an increased dependence on foreign oil.

But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process.

Really?

At the same time, BP was reaping sizable tax benefits from leasing the rig. According to a letter sent in June to the Senate Finance Committee, the company used a tax break for the oil industry to write off 70 percent of the rent for Deepwater Horizon — a deduction of more than $225,000 a day since the lease began.

With federal officials now considering a new tax on petroleum production to pay for the cleanup, the industry is fighting the measure, warning that it will lead to job losses and higher gasoline prices, as well as an increased dependence on foreign oil.

But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process.

Spin it how you will. I'm not going to go roundy-round with you on this as it's been beaten to death in other threads.

It is incredulous to use "tax breaks" and "subsidies" in the same sentence, rendering your post irrelevent.

Now if you want the government to be in charge of domestic gas prices..that's another argument entirely.

What I have heard repeatedly is the our energy supply is of critical nationl importance. If this is fact, then why in the hell would we sell our dwindling supply of crude to other investors anywhere in the world? Sell our national treasure to the highest world wide bidder.

Oh I know. It's capitalism. And those companies have a god given right to drill our oil and sell it back to us at prices that reflect the world market prices. Even though it is Americas oil.

Yea I could see where the governmnet needs to take over the oil industry in America. I mean it is of critical nationl importance. Right? And the oil companies are only loyal to profit and the bottom line. The oil companies could give a shit less where they sell our oil.

That would be sorta the logical thing to do. But we are not discussing logical people. For nearly a century or so we've been sending kids to go world wide and stomp on foreign people to grab their resources. Additionally we've given all sorts of goodies to big oil like cheap land use rates, grants and subsidies. What has that gotten us? A great deal of expense for "cheap" oil. And the "new" argument is to give big oil more..in the hope that they will charge less for their product. It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

Big oil..is out for profit. That's it. They are not patriotic. They are not altruists. They are self motivated.

Yeah, and profits are evil in this country.

Even though George Soros, Warren Buffet, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Jeffery Immelt are pulling in the bucks thanks to Obama policies.

Worth remembering. That and the rethug mantra, alltogether now; everything wrong is Obama's fault and everything right is not Obama's fault.

It really is that simple..........to be a Rethug. It is all Obama'a fault. NO thinking allowed or wanted. Blind obedience is required. It is ALL Obama's fault. That must really make them feel good. Not having to accept responsibility for anything.

But the funniest thing I have seen written lately is the poster that declared that George W was a great president. I spit coffee all over my puter. Thanks a lot. A close second was the statement that the oil industry is not tax subsidized. But that was a plain stupid comment.

A few weeks ago Obama said he has no control over the price of gas.

Now he's gonna try to convince us he's doing everything in his power to control it.....but it is a hopeless cause........just deal with it.

Yes or no.

Domestic production at the present time is greater then when George W. Bush was President?

It's a binary questions. A simple yes or no..will do.
The companies that produce may choose to sell elsewhere.

Yeah, and profits are evil in this country.

Even though George Soros, Warren Buffet, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and Jeffery Immelt are pulling in the bucks thanks to Obama policies.
Profits are not evil, and petroleum producers may sell as they wish.

Well personally I would like the cost of gas to be 19 cents a gallon.

Thats what it was when I was a kid. LOL

From Mr. H: The first words out of his mouth... "Well, it must be a great time to be in the oil business."
To which I replied "you know, we're one of the very few industries in this country with a Help Wanted sign on the window".
So we wait for "trickle down" per Reagan, or impose price controls, per Nixon? Looks like Reagan will be the model for Obama.

Really?

Spin it how you will. I'm not going to go roundy-round with you on this as it's been beaten to death in other threads.

It is incredulous to use "tax breaks" and "subsidies" in the same sentence, rendering your post irrelevent.

:lol:

obama wants gas to cost as much as is necessary to stop you from driving, or pony up the cost of a government approved car.

It's all about his vision and the transformation of the US into his vision.

How about the numerous deployments overseas to keep the oil flowing? That don't count?

How about overthrowing a democratically elected government in Iran to keep them from nationalizing their oil companies?

That..I suppose don't count either.

The world must look great through those rose colored glasses Mr. H!

Forum List

Back