Obama Quotes - and other gems from Democrats

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Obama, July 3, 2008:

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.

"I like to be able to fire people!"

Oh, wait, wrong guy.

Wasserman Schultz: Female speakers at RNC just 'shiny packaging'

Florida Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, said Thursday that the female-heavy line-up of speakers at the Republican National Convention was merely “shiny packaging” to distract voters.

“I think we believe that women can see through that nice shiny packaging that the Republicans have been putting out there, through to what’s inside, which is really a disaster for women’s future, extreme policies,” said Wasserman Schultz at a press conference at the Democratic National Committee war room, nestled in the heart of enemy territory just blocks from where the RNC is being held.

Notable female speakers at the RNC include former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Washington Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and Ann Romney, Mitt Romney’s wife.

8/27/2012, David Chalian about Mitt and Ann Romney: "They're not concerned at all. They are happy to have a party with black people drowning."

The anti-Romney joke was made while Chalian was on an active microphone, apparently unaware that his quips against the former Massachusetts governor were being recorded and broadcast live.

Unmentioned by Chalian was the fact that the Republican National Committee canceled the entirety of Monday's program or that President Obama did not cancel any of his regularly scheduled campaign fund-raising parties that night.

Yahoo Bureau Chief David Chalian: Romneys ‘Happy to Have a Party With Black People Drowning’

Yahoo News fires David Chalian

The wobbly defenses of David Chalian - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

Jack Shafer of Reuters called the Yahoo people who fired Chalian ”yahoos” for their decision. He beat Donaldson to this defense:

It’s not uncommon for bureau chiefs, beat reporters or copy editors to verbally eviscerate politicians, corporate leaders, slumping sluggers or any other notable not in the room at the time, but they usually have the good sense to first check to see if a microphone is on. Chalian did not.

More Shafer: “As newsroom denunciations go, it was pretty mild. I’ve heard much worse from reporters and editors in my time.”

Then let’s hear those much-worse jokes and comments. Same for you, Donaldson: Cough ’em up. Applies to all you others who are out there promulgating this strain of excusism for Chalian. To be able to properly determine whether Chalian was really fishing in the mainstream of unrecorded newsroom naughtiness, we need to document the oeuvre.

Having worked in the industry for decades, I cannot think of anything that exceeds or matches Chalian’s quip, though I could be blocking it all out. Keep in mind that he said that Mitt Romney and the Republicans are “happy to have a party with black people drowning.”

Last edited:
Obama, four years ago, as quoted by Steve Kroft tonight:

"The reason we've not met our challenges is a failure of leadership, the smallness of our politics, the ease with which we're distracted by the petty and the trivial, our chronic avoidance of tough decisions, our preference for scoring cheap political points instead of rolling up our sleeves and building a working consensus to take on big problems."

Interview with President Obama: The full transcript - CBS News

Rich!!

Isn't it. I like when Obama speaks to Russian leaders when he thinks the mike is turned off.

"After his election he will have more flexibility"

"211"

zombies4obama.jpg

"The police acted stupidly."

"If you like your doctor you can keep him"

"Health care reform will not add one thin dime to the deficit"

Jason Biggs of American Pie fame wrote this.........

AF13DE0E232A49B9AFCF493D0BE5EA73.jpg

I figure if the Dummycraps can tie Romney and Ryan into Todd Akin we can tie Obama and Biden into Jason Biggs.........

D8A30208226941B18A5048B777D9C7D0.jpg

They're all liberals so they must all think alike.

This is the problem. Who talks like that in public? I dont care if someone is a Democrat or Republican or Green. No one should talk like that. It's coarse and abusive. Can you imagine Hubert Humphrey saying stuff like that in public? Or Clark Gable? I dont think so.

President Obama about the recent Republican National Convention:

“It was a rerun — it could have been on ‘Nick at Night,’ ” Mr. Obama said. Viewers might as well have watched on a black-and-white TV with rabbit-ear antennas, he joked.

Funny, coming from a black and white man with elephant ears.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8R5GvwUFU8]Obama Un-narrated Documentary/Review (in his own words) - YouTube[/ame]

Maxine Waters

3. Socializing oil companies: Back in 2008, Waters was lecturing oil company executives at a congressional hearing when she plainly stated her true intentions: “Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”
She would also like all Tea Party members to go to hell and her Republican constituents in Congress to walk the plank.

George McGovern after attempting to run a bed and breakfast:

I wish I had known more firsthand about the concerns and problems of American businesspeople while I was a U.S. senator and later a presidential nominee. That knowledge would have made me a better legislator and a more worthy aspirant to the White House. ... I learned first of all that over the past 20 years America has become the most litigious society in the world. ... The second lesson I learned by owning the Stratford Inn is that legislators and government regulators must more carefully consider the economic and management burdens we have been imposing on U.S. businesses. ... Many businesses, especially small independents such as the Stratford Inn, simply can't pass such costs on to their customers and remain competitive or profitable.

Recruit George McGovern to Speak -- at the REPUBLICAN Convention! - Larry Elder

And the 2008 WSJ article by George McGovern ...

Freedom Means Responsibility - WSJ.com

Since leaving office I've written about public policy from a new perspective: outside looking in. I've come to realize that protecting freedom of choice in our everyday lives is essential to maintaining a healthy civil society.

Obama on creation:

I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and that I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live -- that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible. That, I don't presume to know.

You know Obama is going to lie as soon as he "Let me be clear" I think he doesnt even know how to tell the truth.. But then again he was a lawyer once and all lawyers are great liars , including all the ones in congress and the senate REP , DEM or Independent !

I have been saying this since 2008, When ever he says let me be clear the next thing out of his mouth is a lie.

Forum List

Back