Obama Quotes - and other gems from Democrats

[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:02 AM
To: Hoven, Randall M
Subject: Message from Senator Barack Obama

Dear Randall:

Thank you for your letter. I appreciate hearing from you.

I recognize that the filibuster can be used for unfortunate purposes. However, I am also aware that the Founding Fathers established the filibuster as a means of protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority -- and that protection, with some changes, has been in place for over 200 years.

In regard to your reference to Judge Brown, I voted against her confirmation because I believe her record on the California State Supreme Court raised real questions about her commitment to individual rights and civil liberties. I spoke on the Senate floor about this nomination before the votes were cast, and the following weblink will take you directly to my remarks:

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/050608-remarks_of_us_senator_barack_obama_on_the_nomination_
of_justice_janice_rogers_brown/index.html

Again, Randall, thank you for writing. Please stay in touch.
Sincerely,
Barack Obama
United States Senator

(thanks to Ame®icano for the reminder)

Last edited:
Well,

Many thanks to Amelia for about ten pages reminding me why I should be depressed.

We live in a blessed nation and the best we can do is:

Barack Obama as an affirmative action failure.

Joe Biden and VP (but the reason I pray for Obama's health every day).

Nancy Pelosi (former speaker of the house).

Harry Ried a true moron's moron.

I'm going to bed.

Joe Biden, 2005

“The nuclear option abandons America’s sense of fair play . . . tilting the playing field on the side of those who control and own the field. I say to my friends on the Republican side: You may own the field right now, but you won’t own it forever. I pray God when the Democrats take back control, we don’t make the kind of naked power grab you are doing.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ef049a-5306-11e3-9e2c-e1d01116fd98_story.html

:lmao:

Obama, December 04, 2013:

"And rising inequality and declining mobility are also bad for our families and social cohesion -- not just because we tend to trust our institutions less, but studies show we actually tend to trust each other less when there’s greater inequality."

A first step to getting people to trust "our institutions" more -- ya know, before giving a speech about income inequality -- would be to stop lying out your @$$ to us!

This guy's irony meter melted down long ago.

Last edited:
:lmao:

Obama, December 04, 2013:

"And rising inequality and declining mobility are also bad for our families and social cohesion -- not just because we tend to trust our institutions less, but studies show we actually tend to trust each other less when there’s greater inequality."

A first step to getting people to trust "our institutions" more -- ya know, before giving a speech about income inequality -- would be to stop lying out your @$$ to us!

This guy's irony meter melted down long ago.

Yuppers

John Podesta's 'Jonestown Cult' Quote - Business Insider

John Podesta, who last week was named as a senior adviser to President Barack Obama, apologized Wednesday morning after being quoted as comparing House Republicans to cult followers of Jim Jones.

"They [Obama and his team] should focus on executive action, given that they are facing a second term against a cult worthy of Jonestown in charge of one of the houses of Congress," Podesta said.

Barbara Walters On Obama: "We Thought He Was Going To Be The Next Messiah" | Video | RealClearPolitics

BARBARA WALTERS: Well, you've touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be -- I shouldn't say this at Christmastime -- but the next messiah. And the whole Obamacare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act [sic], it just hasn't worked for him. And he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.

It's very difficult when the expectations for you are very high. You're almost better off when they are low and then they rise and rise. His were very high and they've dropped. But you know? He still has several years to go. What does he have, three years more, Piers? And, you know, there will be a lot of changes, one thinks in that time.

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

I hope 44 :afro: is either muslim or, ideally :up: an atheist like me :cool: . That would make eXtreme reactionary butt hurt rightard's heads explode :rofl:

Last edited:

That would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. He doesn't have enough sense to be embarrassed himself. Someone needs to be embarrassed for him.

The statements about Bush's policy in the Americas and about Hugo Chavez may have been the most ironic in the bunch considering how much Obama has strained our relationships with our friends in favor of helping tyrants shore up their power and how he chose the O-care boondoggle over keeping promises he made to Latinos.

Since the Bush Administration launched a misguided war in Iraq, its policy in the Americas has been negligent toward our friends, ineffective with our adversaries, disinterested in the challenges that matter in peoples’ lives, and incapable of advancing our interests in the region.

No wonder, then, that demagogues like Hugo Chavez have stepped into this vacuum. ....

Obama Latin America speech in Miami - Lynn Sweet

Last edited:
Nothing Obama says will ever be half as asinine and/or amusing as the brain-dead crap that comes out of the mouths of some on the right (see: Bachmann, Palin, Perry, Bush).

Sorry even Bachmann, Palin, Perry and Bush cannot top this Democratic Representative from Georgia. Yes it is the Honorable Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) and his concern that Guam Could "Capsize" and sink after the Marine Buildup.
"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said.
No Republican can beat that statement for shear stupidity.

Hank Johnson Worries Guam Could "Capsize" After Marine Buildup - CBS News

Maybe not all "outrageous" but a whole lot of lies pulled together in one spot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9m1F8B2_c]65 Outrageous Lies by President Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back