Obama Quotes - and other gems from Democrats

Obama, four years ago, as quoted by Steve Kroft tonight:

"The reason we've not met our challenges is a failure of leadership, the smallness of our politics, the ease with which we're distracted by the petty and the trivial, our chronic avoidance of tough decisions, our preference for scoring cheap political points instead of rolling up our sleeves and building a working consensus to take on big problems."

Interview with President Obama: The full transcript - CBS News

Rich!!

April 2007:

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Obama: Fire Imus - ABC News

March 2008:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0pNjhZEqdQ]Obama: Two Standards - Don Imus vs. Jeremiah Wright - YouTube[/ame]

Louis Farrakhan, Feb. 24, 2008:

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

Last edited:
June 2008:

As Senator Barack Obama courted voters in Iowa last December, Representative Keith Ellison, the country’s first Muslim congressman, stepped forward eagerly to help.

Mr. Ellison believed that Mr. Obama’s message of unity resonated deeply with American Muslims. He volunteered to speak on Mr. Obama’s behalf at a mosque in Cedar Rapids, one of the nation’s oldest Muslim enclaves. But before the rally could take place, aides to Mr. Obama asked Mr. Ellison to cancel the trip because it might stir controversy. Another aide appeared at Mr. Ellison’s Washington office to explain.

“I will never forget the quote,” Mr. Ellison said, leaning forward in his chair as he recalled the aide’s words. “He said, ‘We have a very tightly wrapped message.’ ”

When Mr. Obama began his presidential campaign, Muslim Americans from California to Virginia responded with enthusiasm, seeing him as a long-awaited champion of civil liberties, religious tolerance and diplomacy in foreign affairs. But more than a year later, many say, he has not returned their embrace.

While the senator has visited churches and synagogues, he has yet to appear at a single mosque. ....

Muslim Voters Detect a Snub From Obama - NYTimes.com

wow wow wow. Thanks to daveman for the link.

Attorney General Eric Holder accused his growing chorus of critics of racist motivations in a Sunday interview published in the New York Times. When reached by The Daily Caller Monday morning, the Department of Justice provided no evidence to support the attorney general’s claims.

Holder said some unspecified faction — what he refers to as the “more extreme segment” — is driven to criticize both him and President Barack Obama due to the color of their skin. Holder did not appear to elaborate on who he considered to make up the “more extreme segment.”

“This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” Holder said, according to the Times. “Both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.”

The White House hasn’t returned requests for comment on whether President Barack Obama agrees with his top law enforcement officer’s allegations of racial motivations.

Read more: Eric Holder | Fast and Furious | Race Card | The Daily Caller

from the "The Audacity of Hope,";

"To me, the threat to eliminate the filibuster on judicial nominations was just one more example of the Republicans changing the rules in the middle of the game."

Reminder of the hazards of broadbrushing whole groups of Americans. Not a good thing for presidents to do. Feel free to remind me of this when I defend President Romney for making such a mistake in the future. :rolleyes:

2009: Obama Slams 'Fat Cat' Bankers

Now: JP Morgan Honcho Jamie Dimon attends a Mitt Romney fundraiser signaling to Wall Street that he no longer supports President Obama - NYPOST.com

JP Morgan honcho Jamie Dimon, once a “fat cat” ally of President Obama, seems to have strayed to Republican contender Mitt Romney.

Dimon, a lifelong Democrat who was rumored to be on Obama’s short list for treasury secretary before he settled on Tim Geithner, met privately with Romney on Tuesday morning before a fund-raiser at Brasserie 8¹/2 hosted by Highbridge Capital, a JPMorgan-owned hedge fund.

Political insiders are buzzing that a defection would signal further Wall Street hostility toward Obama, who famously called them “fat cat” bankers in 2009. Dimon responded, “I don’t think the president of the United States should paint everyone with the same brush.”

Last edited:
Obama in the Harvard Law Record, 1990:

“As someone who has undoubtedly benefited from affirmative-action programs during my career, and as someone who may have benefited from the Law Review’s affirmative-action program when I was selected to join the Review last year, I have not personally felt stigmatized.”

That's one of my favorites... and the left try desperately to pretend he didn't say that. Cuz he got there on merit, dontcha know? :lol:

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Obama, July 3, 2008:

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.

He's right.

"Make no mistake, we will close Guantanamo prison, which has damaged our national security interests and become a tremendous recruiting tool for al-Qaeda," he said.

Republicans said if you close Gitmo, Obama will release terrorists into the streets endangering all our families. He only followed public opinion that Republicans shaped by terrorizing America.

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Obama, July 3, 2008:

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.

He's right.

So you clearly also see that boiking is equally as irresponsible and unpatriotic, right?

Maxine Waters, May 22, 2008:

"And guess what this liberal will be all about? This liberal will be all about socializing - uh, umm, um, um, uh, .... - Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies."

She's not Obama.

You guys are pretty piss poor. Don't you know that when you go after him for not cleaning up Republican failure fast enough, it only makes you guys look even more pathetic?

Post 'em if you got 'em!

Obama, July 3, 2008:

He's right.

So you agree that it's cool for a Senator and presidential candidate to call the sitting president unpatriotic.

Thanks for weighing in. :thup:

Forum List

Back