Obama Quotes - and other gems from Democrats

Obama, Sept, 24, 2011:

I’m going to press on for the sake of all those families who are struggling right now. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I am going to press on. I expect all of you to march with me and press on. Take off your bedroom slippers, put on your marching shoes. Shake it off. Stop complainin', stop grumblin', stop cryin'. We are going to press on. We’ve got work to do, CBC.

Lol - I tried to confirm that quote and to get another segment from the speech. Tried to check it at the speech section of Whitehouse.gov. They don't have it up. They have five entries from 9/24 to 9/26, but not that. Hmmmm ... wonder if it's going to be added.

The whiniest, most self-centered, complainingest president in my memory telling his disheartened supporters to stop complaining and crying ... is his team going to put that on the official record for us?

Maxine Waters' response today: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64405.html

Last edited:
Nothing Obama says will ever be half as asinine and/or amusing as the brain-dead crap that comes out of the mouths of some on the right (see: Bachmann, Palin, Perry, Bush).
Wrong, everything obamaturd says is stupid and just plain wrong.

I looked this up for another thread. It deserves to go here too. To highlight how little people who vote for Democrats know about what the Democrats say ... and part of the reason that they know so little.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8]How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

Obama, in interview with Brian Williams, aired September 12, 2011:

I'm not going to start reacting to Republican rhetoric in a presidential campaign. Let them decide who it is that is going to be their standard-bearer and we'll have more than ample time to have a debate with them.

As usual presenting himself as someone who will be above the fray, and as usual he has violated what he said he would do.

Last edited:
Fun example of Obama straying from what the teleprompter told him to say, April 2010.

Prepared remarks:

Now, we’re not doing this to punish these firms or begrudge success that’s fairly earned. We don’t want to stop them from fulfilling their responsibility to help grow our economy.

His real self slipping through and him having to wind his way back to the script:

We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy.

February 1, 2009:

Lauer: "At some point will you say, `Wait a minute. We've spent this amount of money, we're not seeing the results. We've got to change course dramatically.’ "

Obama: "Yeah, look, I'm at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I've got four years and...

Lauer: "You're going to know quickly how people feel about what's happened."

Obama: "That's exactly right. And you know, a year from now I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress. But there's still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition."

October 3, 2011:

"Nobody's going to deny we're not where we need to be," Obama said. With unemployment hovering near 9 percent, he acknowledged he is facing an uphill battle for re-election.

"I don't mind," Obama said. "I'm used to being the underdog."

Obama says he’s 2012 ‘underdog’

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqAiarOhC2U]Howard Stern Interviews Obama Supporters - YouTube[/ame]

Obama, January 21, 2009:

“The Freedom of Information Act should be administered with a clear presumption: In the face of doubt, openness prevails.”

"Make no mistake, we will close Guantanamo prison, which has damaged our national security interests and become a tremendous recruiting tool for al-Qaeda," he said.

yes. and then the rightwingnuts went crazy and started shrieking. so he didn't do it.

he should have. go figure.... the president doesn't operate in a vacuum.

"Make no mistake, we will close Guantanamo prison, which has damaged our national security interests and become a tremendous recruiting tool for al-Qaeda," he said.

yes. and then the rightwingnuts went crazy and started shrieking. so he didn't do it.

he should have. go figure.... the president doesn't operate in a vacuum.

Oh, Jillian. That wasn't why he didn't do it. Be honest.

Obama, 2001:
But the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society.

And to that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted it in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you, but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf. And that hasn't shifted. And one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, because the civil rights movement became so court-focused, I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which to bring about redistributive change. And in some ways we still suffer from that.

Obama: 'Redistribution of Wealth' is the Goal

Obama, 2006:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBD_N8RH840]Obama WAS close with Reverend Wright, here in 2006 he says so! - YouTube[/ame]

Joe Biden, Nov. 2011. Nice words about veterans but "God-forsaken"??

I get criticized for saying this but i'm gonna say it again. We have a lot of obligations. We have only one truly sacred obligation. It exceeds all others. That is to prepare those and equip those we send to war and care for them when they come home. This is the most talented generation of warriors in the history of the United States of America.

Every American business out there, if you want somebody who knows how to handle pressure, who knows how to handle billions of dollars worth of equipment, who how to operate under fire, hire a veteran.

Hire a spouse of a veteran. That is something everyone can do. It is within our power.
We have an obligation. They fought over here, they've gone through these god-awful sands and deserts in the middle of a war, they're in God-forsaken places out in Afghanistan, they shouldn't have to come home and fight for a job.

p.s., what part does he get criticized for saying? Do people criticize him for saying we have obligations to veterans? Or does he get criticized for creating straw men and saying dumb things about people who don't come from his ethnic background, and other fun stuff like that?

Last edited:
Re: Obama in November 2007

McCain and Obama Skirmish on Financing - New York Times

Asked if he would participate in the public-financing system if he was nominated for president and his major opponents agreed to do the same, Mr. Obama wrote yes. Then he added, also in writing, “If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.”

Obama in the Harvard Law Record, 1990:

“As someone who has undoubtedly benefited from affirmative-action programs during my career, and as someone who may have benefited from the Law Review’s affirmative-action program when I was selected to join the Review last year, I have not personally felt stigmatized.”

Yesterday: Obama amps up his endless reelection campaign with 3 more pinocchios!

Remarks by the President on the Economy in Osawatomie, Kansas | The White House

Obama's Kansas speech: some suspect facts - The Fact Checker - The Washington Post

The Pinocchio Test

The president does not need to lard his case with such suspect data. There are few independent tax analysts who have much good to say about the Bush tax cuts. But it is difficult for Obama to justify blaming those tax cuts for being mostly responsible for today’s slow job growth, especially when he wants to retain a good chunk of those tax cuts.

To bolster his case about unfairness, the president is also relying on a suspect statistic about billionaires paying as little as 1 percent in taxes. Even if true, it is a clearly a rare event. Moreover, it is certainly surprising that the White House would rely on such a dubious, unverified source for a major presidential address.

Three Pinocchios

pinocchio_3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back