Obama proposes $800 million in aid for "Arab Spring"

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
As well as $1.3 billion to the Egyptian military. Why exactly are we still handing money out to other nations when we can't even pay our own bills?

(Reuters) - The White House announced plans on Monday to help "Arab Spring" countries swept by revolutions with more than $800 million in economic aid, while maintaining U.S. military aid to Egypt.

In his annual budget message to Congress, President Barack Obama asked that military aid to Egypt be kept at the level of recent years -- $1.3 billion -- despite a crisis triggered by an Egyptian probe targeting American democracy activists.

The proposals are part of Obama's budget request for fiscal year 2013, which begins October 1. His requests need the approval of Congress, where some lawmakers want to cut overseas spending to address U.S. budget shortfalls and are particularly angry at Egypt.

Obama proposed $51.6 billion in funding for the U.S. State Department and foreign aid overall, when $8.2 billion in assistance to war zones is included. The "core budget" for the category would increase by 1.6 percent, officials said.

Obama proposes $800 million in aid for Arab Spring | Reuters

Hilarious. Bush spent trillions and rebuilt Iraq for "free" and Republicans are complaining about Obama keeping the Middle East from slipping into chaos after they completely fucked it up. I'm talking "hilarious".

Huh? why? :mad:
Because he's a nincompoop.

That and his budget proposal isn't serious...He's setting up the "do-nothing congress" strawman to run against.

We don't even know what these countries will look in a few years, throwing billions of dollars at them is not the best move.
Like I said, the budget isn't serious....Look for more details like this to come out, which will make the budget proposal impossible to get through congress.

Mark it down.

So. Barrys keeping the chaos in the Middle East to a minimum is he??

WOW coulda fooled me and the rest of America.

That and his budget proposal isn't serious...He's setting up the "do-nothing congress" strawman to run against.

We don't even know what these countries will look in a few years, throwing billions of dollars at them is not the best move.
Like I said, the budget isn't serious....Look for more details like this to come out, which will make the budget proposal impossible to get through congress.

Mark it down.

Barry can't run on his sucky record so lets make Congress the scapgoat for his ineptitude.

Hope the Congress critters scream like stuck pigs and make sure the folks know where the real blame lies.

Of course Americans aren't that swift. They elected the dufus after all.

Mark it down.

This isn't a budget. Its more candy land utopian spending of which we'll all be worse off.

Only Al Qaeda/Islamists,Globalist Elites, and the Military Industrial Complex have benefited from these recent interventions in Libya & Egypt. Ordinary Americans only continue living in this massive debt/massive poverty misery. It really is so sad.

Hilarious. Bush spent trillions and rebuilt Iraq for "free" and Republicans are complaining about Obama keeping the Middle East from slipping into chaos after they completely fucked it up. I'm talking "hilarious".

I think it's about sending good $$$ after bad.

Especially after we borrow it from China who is becoming our biggest opponent in the M.E. in terms of resource competition. In essence, we are dooming ourselves to failure by enriching the other team.

The Mideast was and always will remain a hornet's nest long into the forseeable future and the only reason we care about it at all is oil.

Let's be realistic then, and instead of playing pretend peacemaker, and just get it from them cheap, and stay the hell out of their politics as much as possible.

So. Barrys keeping the chaos in the Middle East to a minimum is he??

WOW coulda fooled me and the rest of America.

Why? Republicans completely destabilized the Middle East with their "Iraq Fiasco". What would they do different? Bomb more countries? Send in more troops? "FREE" more people? They are afraid Obama will be successful where they weren't and never will be. Republicans want to force their crazy religious ideas down everyone's throat here. Imagine the further damage they could cause in the Middle East. I shudder to think.

As well as $1.3 billion to the Egyptian military. Why exactly are we still handing money out to other nations when we can't even pay our own bills?

(Reuters) - The White House announced plans on Monday to help "Arab Spring" countries swept by revolutions with more than $800 million in economic aid, while maintaining U.S. military aid to Egypt.

In his annual budget message to Congress, President Barack Obama asked that military aid to Egypt be kept at the level of recent years -- $1.3 billion -- despite a crisis triggered by an Egyptian probe targeting American democracy activists.

The proposals are part of Obama's budget request for fiscal year 2013, which begins October 1. His requests need the approval of Congress, where some lawmakers want to cut overseas spending to address U.S. budget shortfalls and are particularly angry at Egypt.

Obama proposed $51.6 billion in funding for the U.S. State Department and foreign aid overall, when $8.2 billion in assistance to war zones is included. The "core budget" for the category would increase by 1.6 percent, officials said.

Obama proposes $800 million in aid for Arab Spring | Reuters

I feel its to either buy direct or offset the money they spend buying our arms, as it just another way to feed the America Industrial Complex indirectly. Saying its help!:confused: No!

Dead on.

iraqwants.jpg

Forum List

Back