Obama, Muslim -come on

It seems you Obama - Muslim guys would just give it up and admit you have been wrong.

Sorry, not going to happen – a conservative never admits he’s wrong, he keeps repeating the lie often enough until it’s perceived as true.

Besides, ignorance is the glue that holds the right together.
Another non issue; unemployment IS an issue.

Hence the right’s propensity for non-issues.

I'm no fan of obama by any stretch, but as the thread title says, "come on"...

A Christian cannot misspeak? Did Christ declare that those who misspeak will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven? Was that in the Book of Elocution? One thing you can bank on, Islam is not cool with 'secret Muslims.' Denying your faith is a pretty big no-no in Islam.

Sure they can...but i would bet no Christian has EVER misspoke when talking about their Christian faith and called it Muslim instead! Lol!

No Islam is not cool with someone denying their faith, or someone once being a muslim then converting to another religion. Of course Islam isn't cool with ANY other religion, especially Christianity. I doubt they have a problem with someone that pretends their not Muslim.

In fact, with Obama where he is, and the way he's destroying America, i'd say they are probably pretty pleased with his progress. They see how Obama has split this country so bad there probably is no way of healing it. He's doing from the inside what they would want done and they don't have to lift a finger.

Do tell. In what way is he destroying America?

Apparently Sarah Palin is posting as Caroljo.

It seems you Obama - Muslim guys would just give it up and admit you have been wrong.

Sorry, not going to happen – a conservative never admits he’s wrong, he keeps repeating the lie often enough until it’s perceived as true.

Besides, ignorance is the glue that holds the right together.
Another non issue; unemployment IS an issue.

Hence the right’s propensity for non-issues.

Sure they can...but i would bet no Christian has EVER misspoke when talking about their Christian faith and called it Muslim instead! Lol!

No Islam is not cool with someone denying their faith, or someone once being a muslim then converting to another religion. Of course Islam isn't cool with ANY other religion, especially Christianity. I doubt they have a problem with someone that pretends their not Muslim.

In fact, with Obama where he is, and the way he's destroying America, i'd say they are probably pretty pleased with his progress. They see how Obama has split this country so bad there probably is no way of healing it. He's doing from the inside what they would want done and they don't have to lift a finger.

Do tell. In what way is he destroying America?

Apparently Sarah Palin is posting as Caroljo.

Thanks for the partisan drivel. :lol:

Give me a break. When the President of the United States – a public office – makes official speeches that don’t have to do specifically with Christianity (ie he’s addressing the country about the Iraq war), there should be no crosses in the background. If there are, they should be covered. Why? Because of separation of Church and State, a principle that I (and you) should hold dear. …

There is no need cover religious symbols that happen to be in the area when the president is speaking. The separation of church and state is not about hiding religion. Covering up crosses is a stupid lefty thing to do in the name of some imagined PC bullshit, but it is not proof of being a Muslim, fer cryin' out loud.

I disagree with you..... strongly.

When the President gives a speech that addresses broad policy issues to a general group (perhaps one that's broadcasted live throughout the nation), it’s inappropriate and counterproductive to have a giant cross in the background, or a giant banner that says “Jesus”, ect. The reason for this is that it will, without doubt, get certain groups of people upset and ultimately will distract people from the true purpose and message of his speech.

One technique to keep people from getting distracted is by neutralizing the background, and covering up objects and things that may ignite unnecessary controversy. If you watch the news, you already know that the media is very easily distracted by the most meaningless and trivial bullshit, so this is a very important thing to take into consideration. The President's action to cover the cross was a logical one, and an intelligent one in my opinion; definitely not a "stupid lefty thing" as you put it. It's a smart and calculated decision.

Think of it this way, would you want our President giving a major address from a location that had a giant Koran, Mosque, or Islamic symbol directly behind him? What do you think the listeners on TV will pay attention to, his words or the background?

Sometimes Democrats can be overly sensitive to the PC stuff, but this isn’t one of those cases…

Last edited:
Give me a break. When the President of the United States – a public office – makes official speeches that don’t have to do specifically with Christianity (ie he’s addressing the country about the Iraq war), there should be no crosses in the background. If there are, they should be covered. Why? Because of separation of Church and State, a principle that I (and you) should hold dear. …

There is no need cover religious symbols that happen to be in the area when the president is speaking. The separation of church and state is not about hiding religion. Covering up crosses is a stupid lefty thing to do in the name of some imagined PC bullshit, but it is not proof of being a Muslim, fer cryin' out loud.

I disagree with you..... strongly.…

You're entitled to be wrong. There is no need to hide - or hide from - faith in this, a rather religious country. If the President happened to be standing in front of a temple or a mosque there would also be no reason to try and cover them up (and you know damn well a lot more consideration would be given to the implications of covering a Muslim symbol nowadays than a Christian one). Secularism is not our national religion.

You're entitled to be wrong. There is no need to hide - or hide from - faith in this, a rather religious country. If the President happened to be standing in front of a temple or a mosque there would also be no reason to try and cover them up (and you know damn well a lot more consideration would be given to the implications of covering a Muslim symbol nowadays than a Christian one). Secularism is not our national religion.

Unkotare, I think you’re completely wrong. It’s not a matter of hiding or being ‘ashamed of faith’ – per se; it’s a matter of avoiding an unnecessary distraction.

If you want to give a speech on the economic state of the United States, do you want the media (1) talking about the topics of the speech, (2) talking about your background? The media will be talking about it; some will say it’s appropriate and OK, some will say it’s not. The outcome of that discussion is irrelevant, but what is relevant is that the media will be talking about it and it therefore serves as a distraction.

In order to eliminate unnecessary distractions, the President neutralizes the background. I don’t see why you believe there’s an issue with that.

Do you welcome unnecessary and petty distractions or do you like to focus on the more important issues? That’s what it comes down to…

Unkotare, I think you’re completely wrong. …

I admire your deep commitment to being incorrect. Faith is, always has been, and always will be a part of life in these United States. You have been so cowed by militant secularism that you would fall all over yourself not to "distract" i.e. offend, anyone even in theory by allowing for something that is reality in this country to be viewed. Would you cover up any trees that the President happened to be standing near when he spoke?

Don't people have more important issues to deal with than same sex marriages? Geesh! And we can speculate all day about Obama's religious beliefs, but at the end of the day, what really matters is what he's doing right now, not how he was raised. And what he's doing right now is pretty damned scary. And the scarier part is, I don't see another candidate on either side who might be able to beat him in an election.

I admire your deep commitment to being incorrect. Faith is, always has been, and always will be a part of life in these United States. You have been so cowed by militant secularism that you would fall all over yourself not to "distract" i.e. offend, anyone even in theory by allowing for something that is reality in this country to be viewed. Would you cover up any trees that the President happened to be standing near when he spoke?

Once again (you don’t seem to be getting my point), the fact is that the DISTRACTION will occur and will shuffle national conversation in the direction of talking about the backdrop, vs talking about the speech. Get it? And covering up trees? How does that analogy make any sense Unkatotare? Why would a national conversation be started about trees in the background of the President’s speech? This tells me that you don’t understand what I’m trying to get across… but anyways, moving on….

I’d like to note that maybe in 1950 or 1960 the cross wouldn’t be a distraction. This was a time when the country was very much so a Christian nation. But this is 2012, and things have changed dramatically. The young generation is the generation of the internet, and inclusiveness, and realizing that there are other ideas and cultures that need to be respected and acknowledged. Secularism is our country's future, and the old idea that this is "a Christian Nation" is one that is quietly fading away as the 60, 70, and 80 somethings enter into their twilight years. This is a fact.

You have to accept this. I leave you a quote from one of my favorite artists, and I'd like you to read it and think about it for a moment and how this applies to the conversation:

"Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don’t criticize
What you can’t understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin’
Please get out of the new one if you can’t lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin’"

Last edited:
I "get" your point. It is wrong. You've been successfully cowed by the noisy secularists, but you don't seem to understand what the separation of church and state is and you don't seem to understand this still very predominantly religious nation.

You have to accept this. .

YOU have to accept that 83% of Americans identify with some religious denomination. You're too old to be acting like some empty-headed college kid who just ingested a load of jive from some lefty professor with no grasp on reality.

You have to accept this. .

YOU have to accept that 83% of Americans identify with some religious denomination. You're too old to be acting like some empty-headed college kid who just ingested a load of jive from some lefty professor with no grasp on reality.

Who's more likely to be religious; someone born in 1950 or someone born 2012? Which way is the trend going?

Answer that one first before we move on....

That would depend on the individual. I know you lefties have a hard time with the concept. Today, in 2012, 83% of Americans profess to be followers of some faith.

This cannot be known. Please......know that the trend is not in your favor.

This cannot be known.

It is known. Atheists need to give up their dreams of ever being more than a tiny minority in this country. If that is too hard to swallow I'm sure there is some European pit they can move to that they might find more satisfying.

That would depend on the individual. I know you lefties have a hard time with the concept. Today, in 2012, 83% of Americans profess to be followers of some faith.

Please post some backup on that 83%, for starters.

And how much of that breakdown is Christian? We are talking about crosses here....

Last edited:

And how much of that breakdown is Christian? We are talking about crosses here....

Google is your friend. I've wasted enough time on a block-head like you with no indication that you are going to do anything but repeat your secular talking points over and over.

And you may have been talking about crosses but I haven't. If you had been paying attention you would have known that.

Google is your friend. I've wasted enough time on a block-head like you with no indication that you are going to do anything but repeat your secular talking points over and over.

And you may have been talking about crosses but I haven't. If you had been paying attention you would have known that.

What a cop out answer Unk. I've asked you repeatedly whether or not you think this nation is trending on becoming less religious (Christian specifically) or more religious and you just keep on dodging my question.

And on top of it all, you continue to insult me, without even giving me the respect by attempting to address the points I raised.

Very courageous of you Unk, you sound like a real stand up guy.

I think you know I'm correct, and therefore are too scared to answer my questions because it will derail your entire argument. So you move to your last and hopeless resort -name calling - like a child.

Last edited:

What a cop out answer Unk. I've asked you repeatedly whether or not you think this nation is trending on becoming less Religious (Christian specifically) or more Religious and you just keep on dodging my question.

And on top of it all, you continue to insult me, without even giving me the respect by attempting to address the points I raised.

I think you know I'm correct, and therefore are too scared to answer my questions because it will derail your entire argument. So you move to your last and hopeless resort -name calling - like a child.

Obama on Easter & Passover:

Obama marks Easter holiday
(AP) – 48 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is marking the Easter holiday and Jewish Passover, calling it a "time to celebrate redemption at God's hand."
Obama says in his weekly radio and Internet address the holidays help connect Americans to their past and "give us strength as we face the future." Obama says for Christians, Easter weekend is a time to reflect and rejoice about "the things that matter most."

Is this a "cover" for his "Muslim faith"?

What a cop out answer Unk. I've asked you repeatedly whether or not you think this nation is trending on becoming less Religious (Christian specifically) or more Religious and you just keep on dodging my question.

Obama on Easter & Passover:

Obama marks Easter holiday
(AP) – 48 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is marking the Easter holiday and Jewish Passover, calling it a "time to celebrate redemption at God's hand."
Obama says in his weekly radio and Internet address the holidays help connect Americans to their past and "give us strength as we face the future." Obama says for Christians, Easter weekend is a time to reflect and rejoice about "the things that matter most."

Is this a "cover" for his "Muslim faith"?

I think definitely, one of those few times you can say "without a doubt".

Forum List

Back