Obama-McCain Debate: Round 12 (Debate 3)

It is time to move on my friend. This issue is dead. The more you bring it up, the more people will continue to prove that you do not know what your talking about. You are getting no where. It it pretty obvious the American public can see through the Republican smoke screen to see that this is a non-issue. When are you going to realize?

Can't come up with one huh?

It is time to move on my friend. This issue is dead. The more you bring it up, the more people will continue to prove that you do not know what your talking about. You are getting no where. It it pretty obvious the American public can see through the Republican smoke screen to see that this is a non-issue. When are you going to realize?

Nobody gives a shit about Ayers or Acorn, except two time bush voters who are voting for mccain anyway.

I think McCain did his best debate tonight, I dont think he changed anyones mind, I think Obama will still win the election. But I do think this was the only debate McCain really seemed like himself. Also on the Ayers issue,

The matter was initially raised by Hillary Rodham Clinton in February 2008 after it had been suggested by Sean Hannity and other hosts on conservative talk radio programs.

Bill Ayers and Barack Obama at one time lived in the same neighborhood in the city of Chicago, and both had worked on education reform in the state of Illinois. The two met "at a luncheon meeting about school reform." Obama was named to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge Project Board of Directors to oversee the distribution of grants in Chicago. Later in 1995, Ayers hosted "a coffee" for "Mr. Obama's first run for office."
The two served on the board of a community anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 2000 and 2002, during which time the board met twelve times.

In April 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate.

Chicago Magazine reported that "just before the September 11th attacks," Richard Elrod, a city lawyer injured in the Weathermen's Chicago "Days of Rage," received an apology from Ayers and Dohrn for their part in the violence.

I thought it was an awesome debate, period. Great questions. Good discussion. Moderated VERY well, especially in comparison to the last two debates.

Obama was fantastic. I was not very pleased with McCain. I don't want someone so angry, so unable to check their emotions, at the helm of this nation, and that was how McCain looked to me tonight, and for the last three debates. What would he be like when during meetings with important people who disagree with him? Is he just going to get mad? When meeting with leaders of foreign nations?

Last edited:
I thought it was an awesome debate, period. Great questions. Good discussion. Moderated VERY well, especially in comparison to the last two debates.

Obama was fantastic. I was not very pleased with McCain. How can you want someone so angry, so unable to check their emotions, at the helm of this nation?

I'd be pissed to if I had to stand up there with Obama. ( and wear a tie ).

more from CNN's instapoll":

Obama's favorable ratings went up after the debate.

McCain favorability went down after the debate.

How does a political candidate get 90 minutes of FREE television and have their favorability ratings go DOWN? That's the kind of shit that gets campaign managers and political consultants fired.

Never said he can't be proud of his service. But it'd be nice to hear about his other accomplishments other then the military which he never ceases to bring up or never ceases to be brought up by others around him.

He brings it up along with his Congressional and Senate Career. That is everything he has done since graduating high school. He was a career Naval Aviator. 20 years in, that was a big part of his service. The problem is that you stop listening when he brings it up.

Obama was fantastic. I was not very pleased with McCain. I don't want someone so angry, so unable to check their emotions, at the helm of this nation, and that was how McCain looked to me tonight, and for the last three debates. What would he be like when during meetings with important people who disagree with him? Is he just going to get mad? When meeting with leaders of foreign nations?

During the first debate my girlfriend turned to me and said, "This debate is about foreign policy, right?"

And I said, "Yes."

And she said, "How can a person be good at foreign relations, when they can't even look at the person they are debating with?"

Bless her.

He brings it up along with his Congressional and Senate Career. That is everything he has done since graduating high school. He was a career Naval Aviator. 20 years in, that was a big part of his service. The problem is that you stop listening when he brings it up.

I've listened, I know all about McCain's service as a POW. I've also personally looked it up on the internet to know more about it. He served our country honorably and he has my respect for that.

However, being a POW and serving honorably in the Military = No Automatic vote of mine or means you should win.

If you can name one extremist nut with whom McCain has such close ties as serving on a board with him, writing a blurb for his book, donating money to his campaign and McCain starting his political career in the guy's living room....I'd like to know it.

Yes, I'm sure in his long political career McCain has had some type of association with at least one total extremist nut job. But none of them were his close supporters and advisors -- at least none of them who were at war with the United States

Dude, his vp is that person. Just this year sarah made a well wishes tape to the alaskan independence party. The leader said sarah should run as a republican, but just by name. The fact is, she and they want alaska to suceed from america. Todd Palin was a member for almost 10 yrs. The founder said, hellfire is like a glacer compared to the hate he has for america. They feel america treds on their property rights. And he said he would never be buried with an american flag. bla bla.

But Mccain actually picked a running mate that is a part of an anti american group. We would be fools to elect her.

It is amazing that mccain picked her.

I've listened, I know all about McCain's service as a POW. I've also personally looked it up on the internet to know more about it. He served our country honorably and he has my respect for that.

However, being a POW and serving honorably in the Military = No Automatic vote of mine or means you should win.

Nobody is saying that it should. But it is a valid part of his resume and should reserve the right to bring it up.

During the first debate my girlfriend turned to me and said, "This debate is about foreign policy, right?"

And I said, "Yes."

And she said, "How can a person be good at foreign relations, when they can't even look at the person they are debating with?"

Bless her.

You can call them on your cell or even have the Secretary of State do it. :lol:

Im sure McCain can handle meeting foriegn leaders and meetings on Presidential Concerns. McCain, he was a tortured prisoner of war for 6 years, He has worked in US House of Representatives, and the US Senate for over 20 years so Im sure he knows how to handle himself. I think Obamas strength is his public image and his flawless speeches. Obama is an activist for social reform, he is for the people and there is nothing wrong with that. But I really do think tonight was McCains best debate, not to be mistaken with McCain is better then Obama. But McCain is not by any means a weak willed person either who cant handle the responsibility.

Some more numbers from the CNN insta poll were just read on TV.

Obama was seen as stating his ideas more clearly by 66%-25%, was seen as the stronger leader by 56%-39%, and was more likable by 70%-22%.

McCain did win in one category: He's the candidate who launched more attacks on his opponent, by a whopping 80%-7%.

Forum List

Back