Obama-McCain Debate: Round 12 (Debate 3)

Actually, it was bi-partisan. And then the repub congress wouldn't vote the money for it. You do remember you all held the purse strings then, right?

Besides, I always knew No child left behind sucked... but that's because I have a son who's school was affected by it.
i knew it would suck before it passed

i knew it would suck before it passed

Same here.

Nobody in my school thinks NCLB is a good idea, teachers included.

Only ones who do are the administrators who keep repeating the mantra "It's the law, you must follow it." Very 1984ish to say the least.

Who knows what he thinks.

I don't how he expects to help solve such things if he does across the board freezing.

Robert, I told you I'd get back to you on something....what was it? Things were moving pretty fast and I got side tracked by Jillians little abortion debacle......Care to refresh me? I hate to go back on my word.

Why not? It is part of his resume. Go enlist and you will figure out why he is so proud of his service.

Never said he can't be proud of his service. But it'd be nice to hear about his other accomplishments other then the military which he never ceases to bring up or never ceases to be brought up by others around him.

Robert, I told you I'd get back to you on something....what was it? Things were moving pretty fast and I got side tracked by Jillians little abortion debacle......Care to refresh me? I hate to go back on my word.

I believe it was Ayers? Could be wrong on the topic.

It was the comments that McCain brought up about what Ayers said in 01, and Obama served on the board with Ayers over ten years ago.

So I said the comments in 01 don't apply to Obama.

Republicans really seem to focus on the "Guilt by Association" thing.

Same here.

Nobody in my school thinks NCLB is a good idea, teachers included.

Only ones who do are the administrators who keep repeating the mantra "It's the law, you must follow it." Very 1984ish to say the least.
and it was Ted Kennedy's baby

Did I also here McCain say that "we" would take care of unwanted children? As in outlaw abortion, force women to give birth and the state will pay for their upkeep.

I believe it was Ayers? Could be wrong on the topic.

It was the comments that McCain brought up about what Ayers said in 01, and Obama served on the board with Ayers over ten years ago.

So I said the comments in 01 don't apply to Obama.

Republicans really seem to focus on the "Guilt by Association" thing.

So the Ayers thing....

It matters because no matter how old Obama was when Ayers committed his acts of terrorism, the point is that Obama had to know who Ayers was and what Ayers did by the time he grew up *and befriended him*. Also, and this is no small part, Ayers is unrepentant of what he did. He remains unrepentant to this day. Don't think that doesn't matter.

In other words, McCain happens to be painted with the same broad political brush as David Duke. But you wouldn't catch McCain hanging out with that extremist nutball. Why does Obama get a pass on Ayers?

Heck yes, if the guy applying for the job of Commander in Chief has friends and associates who avidly and openly hate America, I have a HUGE problem with that.

And no, I wouldn't vote for McCain if he had ties to David Duke.

Did I also here McCain say that "we" would take care of unwanted children? As in outlaw abortion, force women to give birth and the state will pay for their upkeep.

More money coming out of the sky by McCain.

You can't propose freezing of funds and then turn around and propose all this stuff.

I wonder if the American people will see past the BS and zingers and see McCain's plan here for what it is really is.

Are you going to freeze funds Senator or put in all these plans?

So the Ayers thing....

It matters because no matter how old Obama was when Ayers committed his acts of terrorism, the point is that Obama had to know who Ayers was and what Ayers did by the time he grew up *and befriended him*. Also, and this is no small part, Ayers is unrepentant of what he did. He remains unrepentant to this day. Don't think that doesn't matter.

In other words, McCain happens to be painted with the same broad political brush as David Duke. But you wouldn't catch McCain hanging out with that extremist nutball. Why does Obama get a pass on Ayers?

Heck yes, if the guy applying for the job of Commander in Chief has friends and associates who avidly and openly hate America, I have a HUGE problem with that.

So you wouldn't vote for Ronald Reagan for having "associations" with Ayers either? As for the "abortion debacle" someone had to point it out to you.

So the Ayers thing....

Question, why assume that Obama would know what Ayers did?

I believe he did know but why assume? How many Republicans who can't get Ayers name out of their mouth knew about him before this?

I doubt one person did.

Ayers isn't forgiving what he did, Obama has condemned the acts that Ayers has committed.

McCain has hung out with "extremist nutballs" for the record and Obama is not a close friend of Ayers. I like what the independent voter said on MSNBC "McCain is beating a dead horse" on the topic of Ayers.

Comparing David Duke and Bill Ayers though? What's next? Mussolini/Stalin and Ayers?

Forum List

Back