Obama-McCain Debate: Round 12 (Debate 3)

John McCain looked like he was on the verge of blowing his temper, in one of his famous eruptions. I think Obama won this debate. John McCain realizes that his campaign is unraveling faster than a set of Firestones. This is McCain's last chance! And he blew it. He blew it when he picked Sarah Palin as his VP.:eusa_whistle:

Did I ever say that? No

No need to put words in my mouth. I don't think any problem in life can be solved by just throwing money at all.

that's exactly what you said. jesus, mary and arthur, how fucking disingenuous are you? you want to throw this shit out, you need to back it up.

I'm telling you that Rhode Island across the board in Math, Reading, and Science have some pretty bad numbers and the whole state is broke education wise.

Why? Under-funded.

i'm guessing the language arts numbers aren't through the roof, either.

Last edited:
and it was Ted Kennedy's baby
And President Bush's....kennedy spent time in the whitehouse, coming to compromises on the Bill....

I don't think many republicans in congress were thrilled over it, but maybe a handful, they voted for it none the less because President Bush asked them to and many of them were all lock step with Bush on most all....even if they differed with him, they all seemed to want to show him their support, on whatever he wanted....if memory serves me.

And President Bush's....kennedy spent time in the whitehouse, coming to compromises on the Bill....

I don't think many republicans in congress were thrilled over it, but maybe a handful, they voted for it none the less because President Bush asked them to and many of them were all lock step with Bush on most all....even if they differed with him, they all seemed to want to show him their support, on whatever he wanted....if memory serves me.
Bush let Kennedy do the whole thing
it was one of the many things Bush did that pissed conservatives off

Bush let Kennedy do the whole thing
it was one of the many things Bush did that pissed conservatives off

It was President Bush's INITIATIVE....maybe he did let ted kennedy write the whole thing, that i can't prove one way or the other...I do know while it was being writen and negotiated, Kennedy spent a great deal of time at the Whitehouse...

There is more of a connection between the kennedys and the Bush's than one would think.....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-05-15-bush-kennedy-immigration_N.htm

WASHINGTON — As he presses for legacy-building immigration legislation, President Bush finds himself aligned with the same unlikely ally who helped enact his first major domestic initiative.

That would be Sen. Edward Kennedy, the Massachusetts Democrat who played a crucial role in crafting and passing the No Child Left Behind Act, the president's massive effort to overhaul education policy.

yeah, you're right...last part says kennedy crafted president bush's initiative...so he did write it...but i still maintain Bush had input...and remember kennedy having to meet bush regarding it....

Last edited:
It was President Bush's INITIATIVE....maybe he did let ted kennedy write the whole thing, that i can't prove one way or the other...I do know while it was being writen and negotiated, Kennedy spent a great deal of time at the Whitehouse...

There is more of a connection between the kennedys and the Bush's than one would think.....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-05-15-bush-kennedy-immigration_N.htm

yeah, you're right...last part says kennedy crafted president bush's initiative...so he did write it...but i still maintain Bush had input...and remember kennedy having to meet bush regarding it....
thank you for proving me right

The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (Public Law 107-110), often abbreviated in print as NCLB and sometimes shortened in pronunciation to "nickelbee"[1], is a controversial United States federal law (Act of Congress) (co-Authored by Democratic Rep. George Miller of California and Democratic U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts)

ted hasn't been able to tie his shoes by himself for 20 years, so you've got a point i suppose. still, not seeing much bipartisan authorship here.

No Child Left Behind Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you see who the sponsors were? Bush always touted it as a BIPARTISAN effort and then the repubs wouldn't fund it.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

So now not only is the economy the dems fault but now no child left behind is too?

And everything bush did wrong for the past 8 yrs is because he was reaching across the isle?

Republicans should have spoke up before the 04 election, but they didn't.

And maybe we should give the gop 8 yrs of complete control since 6 wasn't enough.

What a joke.

Good Morning! Instead of reading all twenty pages of debate opinions, let me take a guess.
The dims think Obama won, and the pubs think McCain won.
Am I close?

So now not only is the economy the dems fault but now no child left behind is too?

And everything bush did wrong for the past 8 yrs is because he was reaching across the isle?

Republicans should have spoke up before the 04 election, but they didn't.

And maybe we should give the gop 8 yrs of complete control since 6 wasn't enough.

What a joke.

No.. I personally put the situation of No Child Left Behind on Bush and his administration... it's his baby... had some good thoughts behind it, but it's application has left a lot to be desired... a good step to learn from though.... it was a step in the right direction that exposed a lot of flaws that need to be corrected..

And many things that Bush has done wrong has not been just because of reaching across the aisle, but reaching across the aisle on the wrong things... there is a time and place for compromise on some issues.. I think he has poorly chosen the times to do so

No.. I personally put the situation of No Child Left Behind on Bush and his administration... it's his baby... had some good thoughts behind it, but it's application has left a lot to be desired... a good step to learn from though.... it was a step in the right direction that exposed a lot of flaws that need to be corrected..

And many things that Bush has done wrong has not been just because of reaching across the aisle, but reaching across the aisle on the wrong things... there is a time and place for compromise on some issues.. I think he has poorly chosen the times to do so

He didn't fund No Child Left Behind. That was the fatal flaw. And McCain wants a spending freeze across the board too. How's he going to help autistic children and at the same time cut funding for it?

FIRST TIME POSTING!
Quick background: I'm an independent, I consider both candidates competent (plus many 3rd party candidates), but Palin is the reason i absolutely will NOT vote for McCain.

Anyway,
Why didn't anyone ask McCain if his spending freeze included Military spending?
Across the board is EVERYTHING, right?
I would have liked to see how hard he would have back tracked on that one.

He didn't fund No Child Left Behind. That was the fatal flaw. And McCain wants a spending freeze across the board too. How's he going to help autistic children and at the same time cut funding for it?

Funding was a problem, but so is much of the way it is implemented... there is no doubt behind that... but it was indeed something that I believe was a step in the right direction, but also something to learn from and improve

FIRST TIME POSTING!
Quick background: I'm an independent, I consider both candidates competent (plus many 3rd party candidates), but Palin is the reason i absolutely will NOT vote for McCain.

Anyway,
Why didn't anyone ask McCain if his spending freeze included Military spending?
Across the board is EVERYTHING, right?
I would have liked to see how hard he would have back tracked on that one.

First welcome to the board

Second, McCain has already said his spending freeeze would not include military, he said it in the last debate.

Otter, you're dead on...although I think I saw a few repubs who thought Obama won....

This was the best debate of the there IMO. They actually got into the issues and took each other on directly.

Obama looked calm and confident and gave decent answers although I wish he'd dig a lil deeper on the specifics.

I liked his answers on abortion, health care and education.

McCain looked angry and bitter IMO. I could hear what sounded like grunting and groaning as Obama spoke. The visuals of his eye rolling also disturbed me. His correcting Bob on the control v. climate thing also reeked of nastiness. Why go out of your way to make someone look stupid? everyone knew what Bob meant.

I thought he gave good answers on energy. But his drill now stance doesn't reflect the reality that even if they drilled today we wouldn't see results for at least 10-15 years. He acts like they can just tape the well and he'll hit crude like he's Jeb Clampet or something.

The worst moment for McCain IMO was when he put the air quotes around the mother's "health" issue regarding abortion.

The whole "joe the plumber" thing got tired after the first few times.

I thought Obama answered the Ayers question perfectly. I do wish he had addressed using the ACORN subsidiary for voter reigstration but the truth is not many Americans give a crap out that so it didn't hurt him IMO.

I'd say Obama won on style and substance. He just "looks" like the President. McCain looks like my grumpy old neighbor who is always yelling to not let my dog shit on his lawn, even though I have a fenced in yard and my dog never goes on his yard.

Forum List

Back