Obama looks so small compared to this great man

Ronald Wilson Reagan inherited a much LARGER mess from James Earl Carter than Barry and the boys inherited from GWB. 21% interest rate, double-digit inflation and the loss of Nicaraugua, Grenada, Afghanistan and other places to the Soviet sphere of influence. In anybody's book, Jimmy was a disaster. He absolutely GUTTED the military (just like Barry is trying to do) and I remember sitting in front of the TV while in the military listening to him drone on and on about how America had changed and that the troubles were the fault of everyone (but him of course - sound familiar?). That 'malaise' speech earned Jimmy a one-term stint. I shudder to think what would have happened had he been re-elected.

Ronald Reagan will go down in history as one of the top five Presidents in US History. Leadership is a quality that is hard to define. But the most beneficial thing that Ronald Reagan gave this country is the belief that we were and still are "that shining city on a hill." I realize that for the left, this just sends them into seizures because we all know that they see America as a dumb, stupid little country. To the left, America needs to learn to stand in line, like the good little countries of the European Union. But Ronald Reagan believed that America shouldn't and would not stand in line. We would lead.

For those that dislike Ronald Reagan, you can have your opinions. But I hate to tell you that historians are already writing the legacy of Ronald Reagan. And even for those who disliked him, they admit that at a time when we needed it most, Reagan gave us leadership.

Why do you think Barry constantly brings up his name?

Wasn't it under Carter where the 'Misery Index' came into prominence?

I think that was a part of the campaign against him. It went right along with, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?"

I am not talking about whether Obama is a good speaker or not. I'm talking about the well-known fact that Obama NEVER speaks without teleprompter. Learn to accept reality instead of trying to pander to partisan ignorance.

More BULLSHIT. EVERY president when giving a formal speech uses notes. A teleprompter is just a device that projects those notes.

Learn to accept reality that you are just parroting an ignorant right wing partisan attack on the duly elected President of the United States.

Oopps libs have a problem with words they never learned growing up liberal..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkK65y_-T4]Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube[/ame]

REALLY? You want to compare pronuciations after Bush? REALLY?

Youre just grasping at straws man. Give it up. Youre embarassing yourself.

On a side note: Chris Matthews CANNOT pronouce America. Cant do it. And every time he mispronounces it, its like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

Last edited:
Did Reagan inherit two wars and an economy that had just lost 3 million jobs in six months?

He inherited the Iranian Revolution, the trauma of the hostage crisis, the US losing ground all over the World, a flaming Cold War and an economy suffering the results of sustained stagflation.

The hostage crisis lasted one day of his term
His economy was no where near as bad as what Obama inherited and unemployment skyrocketed after Reagan took office

The economy that the Big ran into when he entered office should have been a downward blip, but he managed to turn it into a near depression.

Since his election he has terrorized business and done everything he can to stop any growth whatever.

If Clinton had been elected on the same day as Obama, we'd have 5% unemployment right now and there would be no doubt about the result of upcoming election.

There were a few things about Reagan that made him more than just a suit...

He gave SPECTACULAR speeches.

He had a wonderful, wry sense of humor and knew how to use it. His one liners are second to NONE and put him in a class with the founding fathers.

Whatever he did, the vision of America that he sold to us was spectacular and moving, and HONORABLE.

The joke about Mondale's relative youth and inexperience closed the door on the competitive part of that race.
All Ronnie had were scripted one-liners.

And by the time he was done, the joke was on America.

What was illegal about having Israel broker arms to Iran? The Boland Amendment(s) prohibited spending taxpayers money to support defeating Communism in Central America. PROFITS from arms sales were not US taxpayers money.

So this poster does not understand the Constitution any better than North or Reagan, or maybe they did (as some believe) do it inspite of knowing.

Money spent by the US government MUST be approved by the House. Stealing arms from the American people and illegally selling them to gain illegal profits to illegally arm international terrorists is, to put it mildly, unconstitutional and highly illegal. Those involved are not only criminals but traitors.
Reagan was a ridiculous marionette surpassed only by 'W'.[/QUOTE]

You are not very bright are you. No arms were stolen. Arms were bought by Israel, and then sold to Iran. Israel took a brokerage fee and gave the rest of the profit back. Nothing unconstitutional or illegal about a business transaction. The only traitors I saw were the Democrats in Congress that WANTED the Communists to succeed in Central America.

More BULLSHIT. EVERY president when giving a formal speech uses notes. A teleprompter is just a device that projects those notes.

Learn to accept reality that you are just parroting an ignorant right wing partisan attack on the duly elected President of the United States.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkK65y_-T4]Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube[/ame]

On a side note: Chris Matthews CANNOT pronouce America. Cant do it. And every time he mispronounces it, its like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

No, he wasn't grasping at straws, man. The president couldn't pronounce "corpsman." And had trouble remembering how many states we had. Maybe it was just how many he wanted to think he was messiah of at the time. Let's face it, he just needed more time to practice the nuances of the office and some geography lessons.

Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube

No, he wasn't grasping at straws, man. The president couldn't pronounce "corpsman." And had trouble remembering how many states we had. Maybe it was just how many he wanted to think he was messiah of at the time. Let's face it, he just needed more time to practice the nuances of the office and some geography lessons.

Ok you asked for it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi49tvs8jp8]George Bush vs. The Word "Sovereignty" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ]Must See Hilarious George Bush Bloopers! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6tunbRcs8&feature=related]Best of the Bushisms - YouTube[/ame]

Ok you asked for it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi49tvs8jp8]George Bush vs. The Word "Sovereignty" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ]Must See Hilarious George Bush Bloopers! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6tunbRcs8&feature=related]Best of the Bushisms - YouTube[/ame]

Please? Please?

Let me be the first...

Obama said 57 States

Jeb Bush: Reagan too moderate for today's GOP; Romney must reach out to Latinos - Yahoo! News
Jeb Bush: Reagan too moderate for today's GOP; Romney must reach out to Latinos
By Lee-Anne Goodman, The Canadian Press | Associated Press – Mon, Jun 11, 2012
Radical-Reagan.jpg

Last edited:

Obama can't pronounce "corpsman" - YouTube

It wasn't that Obama could not pronounce the word correctly, he was just not familiar with the word, and had no idea what a corpsman is. Mispronunciation is no big deal, not knowing is something entirely different

27 straight months of private sector job growth. Your cartoons are a lie.

The report also showed a notable increase in employment at small businesses, which added 93,000 jobs in June. Employment at medium-size businesses also rose by 72,000 jobs, while employment at large businesses edged up by just 11,000.

http://www.rttnews.com/1917618/u-s-private-sector-adds-far-more-jobs-than-anticipated.aspx

Reagan Legacy Project:

How Republicans created the myth of Ronald Reagan
With the Gipper's reputation flagging after Clinton, neoconservatives launched a stealthy campaign to remake him as a "great" president.

Yeah, that was a big job after the narrow margin of his re-election.

which has nothing to do with his point.

I thought his point was that there was a myth created to make it seem as if a unpopular man was popular. The margin of victory might reveal to some that he was popular prior to the creation of the myth, fabricated or not.

The 70's were by any measure, a pretty dismal decade and politics was included in this.

Hairstyles, music, cars, clothes, economy, inflation, leadership, corruption, cynicism and division. The division was the worst for me. Everybody was hating everybody else. Coincidentally, division is what the Big 0 exhorts every day.

Reagan refused to be a part of this. He said and believed that we are one people with one role to play in the world. America, in his view, was a land of great promise populated by great people with a great destiny.

To believe this, one must be a little blind, but to preach the kind of divisiveness that the Big 0 does, one must also be blind.

I'll take the defects of Reagan over the defects of Obama.

Reagan Legacy Project:

With the Gipper's reputation flagging after Clinton, neoconservatives launched a stealthy campaign to remake him as a "great" president.

What point? Rdean has a coherent point? When did that happen? Anyone one will try to diminish the accomplishments of Ronald Reagan is simply a hater. Clinton never received 50% of the vote, although I will give him credit for be a pragmatist and working with congress unlike our current president but he diminished the office with his sexual exploits and lack of respect for it. Obama is an ideologue who could care less about working with anybody outside his small inner circle, He's a disaster and G-d willing he will be gone before he can do much more damage to this country

It wasn't that Obama could not pronounce the word correctly, he was just not familiar with the word, and had no idea what a corpsman is. Mispronunciation is no big deal, not knowing is something entirely different

Why don't you explain what a corpse-man is and why a President should be expected to know it?

Why don't you explain what a corpse-man is and why a President should be expected to know it?

The commander and chief should know what a corpsman is idiot. Even if he didn't learn it growing up with all his liberal whack job role models

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZlw3LCCaQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZlw3LCCaQ[/ame]

Last edited:

I thought his point was that there was a myth created to make it seem as if a unpopular man was popular. The margin of victory might reveal to some that he was popular prior to the creation of the myth, fabricated or not.

The 70's were by any measure, a pretty dismal decade and politics was included in this.

Hairstyles, music, cars, clothes, economy, inflation, leadership, corruption, cynicism and division. The division was the worst for me. Everybody was hating everybody else. Coincidentally, division is what the Big 0 exhorts every day.

Reagan refused to be a part of this. He said and believed that we are one people with one role to play in the world. America, in his view, was a land of great promise populated by great people with a great destiny.

To believe this, one must be a little blind, but to preach the kind of divisiveness that the Big 0 does, one must also be blind.

I'll take the defects of Reagan over the defects of Obama.

What a pile of shit. Reagan did more damage with his divisiveness than any president in modern history. Ronald Reagan’s most divisive legacy, resulted from his role in the culture wars. His social policies were not designed to advance civil rights, promote social equality.

You accuse Obama of divisiveness, what do you call what Republicans have done since Obama was elected President?

• What about Republican leaders and officials who got together during Obama's inauguration in the infamous, secret pact meeting to vow to destroy him at all costs—including the cost to the country?

• What about what Republicans did during the health care debate later revealed by George W. Bush's former speechwriter?

"At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994."

• What about the use of INSURGENCY by House Republicans?

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

610x.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

Forum List

Back