Obama looks so small compared to this great man

Last edited:
Funny how the change in the unemployment percentage over Reagan's first 4 years is pretty much the same as Obama's - and Reagan is a great awesome super-cool PResident for the economy, while Obama sucks total ass for the economy. Can you righties explain that one? You can look up the figures if you want, Obama started with low 8 and now has low 8, Reagan started his first term with mid 7's and ended it with mid 7's. Both had a rise and decline during their first term, but the swing for Reagan was bigger, peaking at 10.8 while Obama peaked at 10.0 How come Reagan gets two chances but Obama should only have one? What's with the double standard, assholes? Do you just hate Obama? Or do you not get how numbers work?

Here are a few FACTS that you want to check out.

Critics of the Reagan administration try to portray it as an era of high unemployment. However, unemployment peaked in 1982-3 (the same time the tax cuts were being implemented) and then dropped steadily down to 5.2% in 1989. Clearly the tax rate cuts and economic expansion cut unemployment significantly—by 4.3%—after it had increased by 2.5% from 1980-2.

In the end, the pro-growth economic policies paid off tremendously. Over 18 million jobs were created during the Reagan expansion.

The unemployment rate rose from 7% in 1980 to 10.8% in 1982, then declined to 5.4% in 1988.

During the Reagan administration, the American economy went from a GDP growth of -0.3% in 1980 to 4.1% in 1988.

The inflation rate, 13.5% in 1980, fell to 4.1% in 1988

Reagan had unlimited government employment as he built up the DoD. Republicans forced government cuts on Obama on top of his unemployment

Funny how the change in the unemployment percentage over Reagan's first 4 years is pretty much the same as Obama's - and Reagan is a great awesome super-cool PResident for the economy, while Obama sucks total ass for the economy. Can you righties explain that one? You can look up the figures if you want, Obama started with low 8 and now has low 8, Reagan started his first term with mid 7's and ended it with mid 7's. Both had a rise and decline during their first term, but the swing for Reagan was bigger, peaking at 10.8 while Obama peaked at 10.0 How come Reagan gets two chances but Obama should only have one? What's with the double standard, assholes? Do you just hate Obama? Or do you not get how numbers work?

Critics of the Reagan administration try to portray it as an era of high unemployment. However, unemployment peaked in 1982-3 (the same time the tax cuts were being implemented) and then dropped steadily down to 5.2% in 1989. Clearly the tax rate cuts and economic expansion cut unemployment significantly—by 4.3%—after it had increased by 2.5% from 1980-2.

In the end, the pro-growth economic policies paid off tremendously. Over 18 million jobs were created during the Reagan expansion.

The unemployment rate rose from 7% in 1980 to 10.8% in 1982, then declined to 5.4% in 1988.

During the Reagan administration, the American economy went from a GDP growth of -0.3% in 1980 to 4.1% in 1988.

Reagan had unlimited government employment as he built up the DoD. Republicans forced government cuts on Obama on top of his unemployment

Obama didn't have an inflation rate of 13.5% to cope with nor a NEGATIVE GDP growth rate to cope with as Reagan did. Obama had $300 Billion of TARP funds from the Bush Administration to spread around and a $787 billion economic stimulus package to use to create jobs with. Over a trillion dollars.

The entire federal budget was less than a trillion dollars in the 1980’s and the entire
DOD budget barely over$200 billion.

Obama didn't have an inflation rate of 13.5% to cope with nor a NEGATIVE GDP growth rate to cope with as Reagan did. Obama had $300 Billion of TARP funds from the Bush Administration to spread around and a $787 billion economic stimulus package to use to create jobs with. Over a trillion dollars.

The entire federal budget was less than a trillion dollars in the 1980’s and the entire
DOD budget barely over$200 billion.

Ahh, so in other words, there's a bunch of whiny baby excuses as to why supposedly the greatest President in the last 50 years did no better in his first term than supposedly the worst President in U.S. history did in his first term.

Last edited:
I tried to read all the posts in this thread before asking this question. What about the loss of manufacturing in this country? During Reagans time there was no free trade. Maybe this adds to the problems in this decade. I do remember a lot more opportunities prior to all the free trade, nafta, wto deals. Maybe time to look into tariffs and getting rid of most favored nation for china. When tariffs are mentioned people will bring up Smoot Hawley as a cause of depression but the country was already in a deep depression before Smoot Hawley. Similar to this decade. The economy went into a tailspin just prior to obama winning his election. And now with the nations corporations continuing to chase cheap labor and fewer regulations overseas, what chance does the economy have of recovering?

First, here is cumulative GDP growth during the first three years of the Reagan recovery and the Obama recovery, using the dating system of the National Bureau of Economic Research and optimistically assuming 2% growth for the second quarter of this year

062712gdp.jpg

here is a comparison of net new nonfarm payrolls created over the first 35 months of the two recoveries, adjusted for the growth in population since the 1980s

062712jobs.jpg

Case closed: The Reagan Recovery vs. the Obama Recovery in two charts | AEIdeas

"Ford man?" :lol: Move out of your parents basement first little man:lol:

Sonny, I am many years older than you, far more successful than you ever could hope to be, have earned far more money that you ever will, and if you mention my family again I will turn you over to the mods.

First, here is cumulative GDP growth during the first three years of the Reagan recovery and the Obama recovery, using the dating system of the National Bureau of Economic Research and optimistically assuming 2% growth for the second quarter of this year

062712gdp.jpg

here is a comparison of net new nonfarm payrolls created over the first 35 months of the two recoveries, adjusted for the growth in population since the 1980s

062712jobs.jpg

Case closed: The Reagan Recovery vs. the Obama Recovery in two charts | AEIdeas

Which quarters, which months? I know, you little cheat: let's try Jan81 to Nov 83.

Give us the figures, moron.

Are you 17? We are adults here, son.

Sonny, I am many years older than you, far more successful than you ever could hope to be, have earned far more money that you ever will, and if you mention my family again I will turn you over to the mods.

Do you post that at "the U" too..Fraud.. I got you pegged college boy get lost:eusa_shifty:

Ronald Reagan.

Any sane, reasonable, and educated American knows that you are wrong.

:eusa_eh:Based on what? College kid. oh thats right you were a Ford supporter so you'd have to be in your mid to late 50s:lol: We can be who we choose to be on the net college boy... Grow up.

I was a college boy :lol: at USU with Jack (John) Ford when he his dad became veep then president. That was a long time ago, long before you were around.

You simply know little, and much of that mistaken, about the American narrative.

Have you graduated from HS yet?

Do you post that at "the U" too..Fraud.. I got you pegged college boy get lost:eusa_shifty:

Your ignorance is why your ass has been getting handed to you, sonny, by your betters on the Board. Are you 17? We are adults here, son.

But you are being schooled every day and you will learn.

Your ignorance is why your ass has been getting handed to you, sonny, by your betters on the Board. Are you 17? We are adults here, son.

I think I hurt your feelings college boy, but your childlike post only affirms your status as a kid "Ford man" :lol:

Last edited:

I think I hurt your feelings college boy, but your child like post only affirms you status as a kid "Ford man" :lol:

Didn't hurt anyone's feelings but your own. Family is off limits, period, and you have learned that now. And you will continue to be schooled :lol:

We are waiting for you to post the Reagan numbers from January 81 to November 83, for a fair comparison against BHO.

Romney will win, I think, in the fall, and that will be good. He will be a far better president than Reagan ever could have hoped to have been. Ford would have been far better than Reagan.

Last edited:

I think I hurt your feelings college boy, but your child like post only affirms you status as a kid "Ford man" :lol:

Didn't hurt anyone's feelings but your own, and you will continue to be schooled :lol:

Don't forget to check with your professers first

You sound as if you are 13, Jroc.

We are waiting for you to post the Reagan numbers from January 81 to November 83, for a fair comparison against BHO.

You won't because it blows up your silly argument, and thus you are continuing to be schooled.

You sound as if you are 13, Jroc.

You won't because it blows up your silly argument, and thus you are continuing to be schooled.

Now why would I want to do that college boy? We are comparing Reagan and Obama's record three yrs. into their presidency, plus the Regan's tax reform was not completely implemented until 1983 because he had to deal with the democrats in congress. Don't they teach you anything at "the U"? Reagan didn't have to barrow 900 billion dollars from China in an attempt at a phony stimulus

"Tell us about the American miracle."

It was in 1983 when West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl spoke those words to President Ronald ReaganThey were gathered at the annual G7 economic summit attended by the heads of the leading industrialized nations.

Two years earlier, Reagan had gone to his first G7 meeting in Ottawa, where he outlined his economic recovery plan. The other world leaders didn't appear to be very impressed. By 1983, though, it was a different story. Reagan's plan was in full swing - and the U.S. was defeating inflation and unemployment at a time when the rest of the world was still in recession.

Gathered in historic Williamsburg, Va., those leaders had one question: How did he do it? According to Reagan:

First, I gave them my thoughts about how excessive tax rates take away the incentive to produce, and how lower tax rates, in the end, generate more economic growth and also greater revenue for government. Then I told them what we had done to lower our tax rates, and some of the other things we were trying to do, such as reducing the size of government, eliminating unnecessary regulations and interference in the free market, and turning over to private enterprise some of the functions government had taken over.
He must have made quite an impression. Before long, Reagan was reading about their own efforts to cut taxes and reduce regulations back home. "The next time I'd see them," he wrote later, "they'd say the policies were stimulating a turnaround like the one we had had in the United States."

That's what the United States has been doing since its inception - spreading the gospel of freedom across the globe. And as we celebrate another birthday (our 232nd), it's worth taking a second look at that "American miracle."

What's the common thread in what President Reagan told the other leaders that day? Liberty. Yes, the very idea that sparked a revolution in this nation - indeed, that created this nation. After all, if you cut taxes, reduce regulations and shrink the size of government, what are you doing? You're freeing individuals to use their God-given talents and imaginations to build a better life for themselves and their children. That's what America has always been about

The American miracle

Last edited:

That great man could not win the Republican nomination today because he is closer politically to Obama than he is the entire Republican Party. This is how skewed the Republican Party has become. The only reason Obama looks far left to those on the right is that those on the right have moved so far to the right they are about to fall off the edge of the earth.

Straight out of the democrat party talking points, that’s one of the most ignorant points they put out. Reagan was more conservative than any of the candidates we had running (Ron Paul is not a conservative)

Jroc: "Now why would I want to do that college boy?" If you want to compare"Reagan and Obama's record three yrs. into their presidency", then you are ignoring that Reagan had a 10.8% unemployment in October 1983.

Don't deflect, junior, you got your butt handed to you again.

That great man could not win the Republican nomination today because he is closer politically to Obama than he is the entire Republican Party. This is how skewed the Republican Party has become. The only reason Obama looks far left to those on the right is that those on the right have moved so far to the right they are about to fall off the edge of the earth.

Straight out of the democrat party talking points, that’s one of the most ignorant points they put out. Reagan was more conservative than any of the candidates we had running (Ron Paul is not a conservative)

Reagan, the serial tax raiser? Okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back