Obama looks so small compared to this great man

Meanwhile... Mr. Soetoro is spending America's birthday (July 4th) in France... How decidedly fitting for the Commander in Choom.

Reagan wasn't that great of a President. He didn't really do anything great.

I disagree strongly. Reagan was a very important President, one of the most important in US history. He profoundly changed the direction of the country.

Lol Good one. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Taking the Day off from Serious Debate, but lets just say a I can think of a few great things he did.

Hell I think Obama is an Utter Failure and can Admit he has dome a few great things as well.

:)

To be honest, I don't see anybody of Reagan-calibre in either party right now.

Lol Good one. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Taking the Day off from Serious Debate, but lets just say a I can think of a few great things he did.

Hell I think Obama is an Utter Failure and can Admit he has dome a few great things as well.

:)
You can think of them - but not write them down on a message for all of us to read?

Wow.

I disagree strongly. Reagan was a very important President, one of the most important in US history. He profoundly changed the direction of the country.

You disagreed so strongly you can't even list a single great thing he did.

Yea, because profoundly changing the direction doesn't count as "a single great thing" to you. :badgrin:

Reagan didn't earn the nickname, "The Great Communicator" for nothing. Give Mitt a chance though. He has good fundamentals.

Reagan wasn't a flip flopper like Romney, who was for the individual mandate before he was against it.

Yeah Reagan was so great.

The administration in 1984 secretly sold arms to Iran -- which the United States considered a supporter of terrorism -- to raise cash for Nicaraguan contra rebels, despite a congressional ban on support for the Latin American insurgency. An independent investigation concluded that the arms sales to Iran operations "were carried out with the knowledge of, among others, President Ronald Reagan [and] Vice President George Bush," and that "large volumes of highly relevant, contemporaneously created documents were systematically and willfully withheld from investigators by several Reagan Administration officials."

The combination of a huge "supply-side" tax cut, a historic military buildup and a painful two-year recession produced huge budget deficits and a near tripling of the national debt that haunted the country and policymakers for years and drained resources from social programs. And the administration showed indifference to an emerging AIDS crisis in the early 1980s. By the time Reagan delivered his first speech on the epidemic in May 1988 -- about eight months before he left office -- the disease had been diagnosed in more than 36,000 Americans, and 20,849 had died.

Until a public protest forced Reagan to back away, his Agriculture Department sought to cut the school lunch program and redefine ketchup and relish as vegetables.
Schisms From Administration Lingered for Years

I'm not impressed.

You disagreed so strongly you can't even list a single great thing he did.

Yea, because profoundly changing the direction doesn't count as "a single great thing" to you. :badgrin:
Right, its something vague and general that requires no concrete action at all. All you need is a bunch of brain dead followers that think you're awesome even though they can't list a single particular thing you did that was great.

Reagan was a sham, tripled the debt and started the country's slow ruin whose legacy is Rush, OBL, Iraq and BOOOSH. See sig pp3.The biggest chickenhawk/panderer/divider ever. Made blaming the poor acceptable (Cuomo).

Last edited:

Reagan didn't earn the nickname, "The Great Communicator" for nothing. Give Mitt a chance though. He has good fundamentals.

Nobody had a clue how great Reagan was going to be when he was elected. We just wanted Carter out.

Reagan was amazing, and the more time passes, the more amazing he seems because at the time, we sort of took him for granted. But now that so much time has passed and we've had such crap presidents, it's obvious that he really was quite special.

To be honest, I don't see anybody of Reagan-calibre in either party right now.

Nobody had a clue how great Reagan was going to be when he was elected. We just wanted Carter out.

Reagan was amazing, and the more time passes, the more amazing he seems because at the time, we sort of took him for granted. But now that so much time has passed and we've had such crap presidents, it's obvious that he really was quite special.
He was so awesome, we can't even name a single particular thing he did that was awesome, we just know he was awesome because all the older righties love him so much.

He halved black unemployment, and presided over a 12 percent increase in family earning.

Forum List

Back