Obama leaves the "Reality" based community

"for permission to reprint"
It's jackasses like you who make this forum not fun to visit and discuss real issues. Do you really think it was plagerism for me to post something that I got off the world-wide net? They can put those signs about not printing up all they want, but once it is published on the net, it becomes public domain. Now, back to the real issuse before my thread was hijacked.

It actually doesn't. The argument that when it's on the Internet it's public domain, is like saying when a film is released on DVD it's public domain, or when a book is available in the Library, it's public domain.

Did you even read your own article? It says so in the middle and at the end that it is copyrighted.

This forum is great, as long as people don't keep posting the same crap over and over until it's dead in a mud puddle like a homeless drunk.
Here's the accepted procedure, when you believe a post violates the board copyright rules. Flag it by checking this
report.gif
on the offending post, then briefly explain to the staff why you're flagging it. This will start a thread in the staff area, and a staffer will then address it as he or she deems appropriate.

It's not your place, or mine, or anyone else but the admin and staffers to decide what is a copyright violation and what is not, and attacking the OP on the grounds of the possible violation instead of addressing the point and the topic is one of the most infantile forms of deflection, bordering on trolling.

Have you nothing to say on the topic?

I think that he has pushed tooooooo much and scared moderate dems, independents and republicans.

1. He passed the no-stimulus stimulus plan that no-one read before they signed.

2. He signed the Omnibus bill that had 9,000 earmarks.

3. He pushed through the Cap and Trade by a very slim margin in the congress.

4. Now health care? He has lost his political clout, people are worried that he is rushing things way too fast, the deficit is out of control and now ranks higher in the polls than does his health care plan.

If health care were really this important to him he should have started with it or made sure that stimulus plan was working until he introduced it, waited on Cap and Trade for the last of his term, but to try and force all this spending down the throats of Americans all at once, was a very dumb move.

Keep in mind that it is his own party that is hearing from their constituents that's slowing this train wreck down.

People are worried 1st about jobs, the economy, the deficit and then healthcare and in that order.

He has over shot and overestimated his popularity. The people are waking up to what he is saying and it is showing in the polls. One estimate states he will be in the low 40's by the time congress returns from their recess. Welcome Obama to George Bush country in the polling data.:lol:

And the senate will redo and then there will be a conference to iron out the difference then they'll both vote on the -essentially new bill. Maggie is right for once. No one living has any real idea what the final bill will look like either cap and trade or health care. The likelihood that we will see reform on a grand scale out of either is att his point unlikely.

It is quite obvious that his current healthcare plan is not going to pass
You're kidding yourself. Never underestimate the power of sandbagging holdouts, and the pot sweetening that results. Cap and Trade is your first hint.

Obamacare will pass.

Yep. As soon as Pelosi and Reed up the bribes, the blue-dogs will fall into line and they'll pass this POS bill.

I'm taking wagers right now on the number who actually read the bill...

Even odds on none

It is quite obvious that his current healthcare plan is not going to pass
You're kidding yourself. Never underestimate the power of sandbagging holdouts, and the pot sweetening that results. Cap and Trade is your first hint.

Obamacare will pass.

Yep. As soon as Pelosi and Reed up the bribes, the blue-dogs will fall into line and they'll pass this POS bill.

Even odds on none

yep, dems always fall into line

not plagerism

"Plagarism"

are you a lawyer?
If it is published on the internet, it becomes public domain no matter what the original publisher says. Since I did not take credit for the statement, it is not considered plagarism. Plagarism is when you repeat and print what someone else originally says, then take credit for it. I took no credit for the statement. Thanks for derailing my original intent of presenting some interesting subject matter for discussion.
As far as Obama's ratings, he is obviously very eaten up with himself, and his cocky and arrogant attitude is not sitting well with most Americans, to include the congress. I don't see his cap and trade nor his healthcare package passing the senate as it now stands. If he wants any change to take place at all, he needs to make changes that fall in line of what the American people as a whole want, not what he wants.

Last edited:
then you should have known it was not plagerism

It's jackasses like you who make this forum not fun to visit and discuss real issues. Do you really think it was plagerism for me to post something that I got off the world-wide net? They can put those signs about not printing up all they want, but once it is published on the net, it becomes public domain. Now, back to the real issuse before my thread was hijacked.

The material is copyrighted and ANY use (print, electronic, web page, blogs etc) is subject to permission and possible fees. Just because it is on the internet does not make it public domain. We do grant permission for password protected and unprotected web sites. Most blogs are open (unprotected) but some require you to sign up for them and are password protected.
Susi

Susan White

Susan White

Permissions

Ph: (800)708.7311x 246 or (407)894.7300 x246

[email protected]

Here's the accepted procedure, when you believe a post violates the board copyright rules. Flag it by checking this
report.gif
on the offending post, then briefly explain to the staff why you're flagging it. This will start a thread in the staff area, and a staffer will then address it as he or she deems appropriate.

It's not your place, or mine, or anyone else but the admin and staffers to decide what is a copyright violation and what is not, and attacking the OP on the grounds of the possible violation instead of addressing the point and the topic is one of the most infantile forms of deflection, bordering on trolling.

Have you nothing to say on the topic?

Well, that's good to know the accepted procedure, however the issue was not to get Soaring in trouble with Hearst media, but to point out that there are forty other threads that say the same thing, I've addressed this issue on other ones.

This conservative bash obama circle jerk is hilarous, I just wanted to point out simple copyright law and that uninformed people (like soaring, apparently) need to learn something here, not just sing to the choir about the "holy one" and how all of you think he's going to destroy america.

If it is published on the internet, it becomes public domain no matter what the original publisher says. Since I did not take credit for the statement, it is not considered plagarism. Plagarism is when you repeat and print what someone else originally says, then take credit for it. I took no credit for the statement. Thanks for derailing my original intent of presenting some interesting subject matter for discussion.
As far as Obama's ratings, he is obviously very eaten up with himself, and his cocky and arrogant attitude is not sitting well with most Americans, to include the congress. I don't see his cap and trade nor his healthcare package passing the senate as it now stands. If he wants any change to take place at all, he needs to make changes that fall in line of what the American people as a whole want, not what he wants.

Copyright defined According to the US Copyright Office of the Library of Congress, copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. Titles, names, short phrases, slogans, logos, URL’s are not eligible for copyright protection.

Rights to the owner A copyright owner is given rights to reproduce, distribute, adapt, publicly perform and display the original work. Copyright protection extends through the life of the creator plus 70 years.

Copyright

In order to use an excerpt from an Internet document, you should list the source according to accepted bibliographic citation practice. However, acknowledging the source of copyright does not substitute for requesting permission to use an entire work or material not covered by the fair use guidelines. You should email the author of Internet material and include the following information:

Your name and email address
Request permission to use copyrighted work
Identify the group to which Internet material will be distributed
Explain how you will use material and how much you will use
Indicate how many copies you wish to distribute
You will usually receive a favorable reply to your request but do not assume that no reply equals permission.

Keep received permission on file.
Place a notice at the bottom of page or project crediting the original author, noting that you received permission on a particular date.
Include the URL of the original source.

Last edited:
to point out that there are forty other threads that say the same thing
There are not. This is a separate topic, and you're simply trolling it.

Trying to protect this website from having to pay for posting copyrighted material is trolling.?

Wow, I haven't been here long, and I was simply trying to help out, but fuck man, constructive criticism isn't allowed here?

no wonder only rabid conservatives are posting here.

not plagerism

"Plagarism"

are you a lawyer?

I think it's been determined that something can be copied onto the Internet from the Internet if that's where it appears and not be considered a violation of copyright law. The standard protection in Lowry's column probably means another hard copy publication using it in theirs, without permission. I'm comfortable with the fact that Rich Lowry is delighted his editorials garner so much attention on the Internet.

And plagiarism indeed involves someone intentionally using the words of another author and implying they are his own.

Obamacare will pass.

Even odds on none

yep, dems always fall into line

Now THAT comment is hilarious! Consider that the Republican lawmakers voting FOR anything thus far during the Obama Administration amount to three. Just like the Pied Piper leading the rats over a cliff, Boehner barks, the lemmings follow.

to point out that there are forty other threads that say the same thing
There are not. This is a separate topic, and you're simply trolling it.

Trying to protect this website from having to pay for posting copyrighted material is trolling.?

Wow, I haven't been here long, and I was simply trying to help out, but fuck man, constructive criticism isn't allowed here?

no wonder only rabid conservatives are posting here.
If you're truly trying to "help out" and "protect" USMB, you would simply have flagged the post instead of droning on, ad-nauseum, with bullshit off-topic trolling about copyrights. You are yet to address the actual topic. That's the very definition of derailing and trolling.

Forum List

Back