Obama: Jesus would support tax-the-rich policy

Jesus is a flaming liberal, everyone knows that.

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012

President Obama offered a new line of reasoning for hiking taxes on the rich on Thursday, saying at the National Prayer Breakfast that his policy proposals are shaped by his religious beliefs.

Obama said that as a person who has been "extraordinarily blessed," he is willing to give up some of the tax breaks he enjoys because doing so makes economic, and religious sense.

"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required," Obama said, quoting the Gospel of Luke.

Obama wants to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire for the richest Americans, and he has embraced the idea that wealthy Americans should not be paying a lower effective tax rate than those in the middle or lower classes.

He has argued that those policies offer Americans a "fair shot" and increased equality, while implying that the policies favored by Republicans do not.

But the overt connection between religious beliefs and political policies is new.

"I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years," Obama said. "And I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

An administration official speaking on background told CNN that Obama viewed the speech as chance to explain his personal faith practices and to show "his desire to step in the gap for those who are vulnerable."

So what does the Bible say about taxes?...

While I do believe we need to let the tax cuts expire and maybe even jack up their taxes based on income the bile says two things,
first give to Caesars what is Caesars
and
that we should be generous with the less fortunate.

So what I am saying is that the U.S. currency by right belongs to our government but since they are all rich the bible also says that if they ever want get on gods good side they got to be generous with whats their.
One my think of it as perhaps Obama is trying to get on the lords good side either that or it's an act and well as far as I am concerned liars go to the same place as other sinners, Hell!

Jesus also supported people working for their food and not owing others anything,
He said take care of the old and sick not the lazy.

The single accomplishment of the conservative movement has been to convince millions of weak minded individuals that selfishness, greed, and hate of the poor are good Christian values.

Don't ever equate Obama and his policies with Christ.

It's appalling and disgusting to a Christian. Islam would forbid this as well.

FYI Christ is a prophet to Islam. Be careful where you tread here.

You guys are always calling Obama "The Messiah"... so why shouldn't you equate his policies with Christ?

Not me.

I can't think of a more horrible sin than that.

No man on this earth is the Christ. Even Islam understands his one coming. Jews don't believe he's come yet. But no one messes around this. Not with faith.

I'm not a perfect human being. Far from it. I don't try to play that game.

I'm a Ted Nugent combo Chuck Norris kinda Christian trying to make their way thru life. And worse yet I'm a woman with a past. :eusa_angel:

But I don't ever try to play HIM.

This is disgusting that you would attempt to play politics and religion together.

Geeze. I thought you guys spent your whole lives fighting against Church and State being entertwined.

:eusa_angel:

Jesus also supported people working for their food and not owing others anything,

The single accomplishment of the conservative movement has been to convince millions of weak minded individuals that selfishness, greed, and hate of the poor are good Christian values.

Horse shit.

You guys are always calling Obama "The Messiah"... so why shouldn't you equate his policies with Christ?

Not me.

No man on this earth is the Christ. Even Islam understands his one coming. Jews don't believe he's come yet. But no one messes around this. Not with faith.

I'm a Ted Nugent combo Chuck Norris kinda Christian trying to make their way thru life. And worse yet I'm a woman with a past. :eusa_angel:

This is disgusting that you would attempt to play politics and religion together.

Geeze. I thought you guys spent your whole lives fighting against Church and State being entertwined.

Every man and woman on earth has a pattern of perfection known as the Christ within them.

We see it every day.

Last edited:
No, you miss the point.

Jesus told the young man to sell his possessions and give them to the poor.

ie...the Buffett Rule plus the earned income tax credit....
Lying blasphemous asshole.

Giving one's possessions away is an act of volition...Having them taxed away is an act of aggression.

Even a agnostic can make that distinction.

Obama understands Jesus well.

Jesus would support taxing the rich.

In the Gospel of Matthew, a rich young man asks Jesus what actions bring eternal life. First Jesus advises the man to obey the commandments. When the man responds that he already observes them, Jesus adds:

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

The Gospel of Luke has a similar episode and states that:

When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

It's a sad day when the Democrats have to use the New Testament to justify taxes.

:lol:

But not nearly as sad as Bush using it to justify killing thousands of innocent people.

Or almost as sad when the Neo-Cons try using it to pass judgement, control peoples's behavior and eliminate peoples' rights.

Obama understands Jesus well.

Jesus would support taxing the rich.

In the Gospel of Matthew, a rich young man asks Jesus what actions bring eternal life. First Jesus advises the man to obey the commandments. When the man responds that he already observes them, Jesus adds:

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

The Gospel of Luke has a similar episode and states that:

When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

It's a sad day when the Democrats have to use the New Testament to justify taxes.

But not nearly as sad as Bush using it to justify killing thousands of innocent people.

Or almost as sad when the Neo-Cons try using it to pass judgement, control peoples's behavior and eliminate peoples' rights.
Two wrongs, and all that....:eusa_whistle:

No, you miss the point.

Jesus told the young man to sell his possessions and give them to the poor.

ie...the Buffett Rule plus the earned income tax credit....
Lying blasphemous asshole.

Giving one's possessions away is an act of volition...Having them taxed away is an act of aggression.

Even a agnostic can make that distinction.

Not according to Jesus.

The synoptic gospels state that hostile questioners tried to trap Jesus into taking an explicit and dangerous stand on whether Jews should or should not pay taxes to the Roman authorities. The accounts in Matthew and Mark say that the questioners were Pharisees and Herodians, while Luke says only that they were "spies" sent by "teachers of the law and the chief priests".

They anticipated that Jesus would oppose the tax, as their purpose was "to hand him over to the power and authority of the governor" (Luke 20:20). The governor was Pilate, and he was the man responsible for the collecting of taxes in Roman Judea. At first the questioners flattered Jesus by praising his integrity, impartiality, and devotion to truth. Then they asked him whether or not it is right for Jews to pay the taxes demanded by Caesar. In the Gospel of Mark (12:15) the additional, provocative question is asked, "Should we pay or shouldn't we?" Jesus first called them hypocrites, and then asked one of them to produce a Roman coin that would be suitable for paying Caesar's tax. One of them showed him a Roman coin, and he asked them whose name and inscription were on it. They answered, "Caesar's," and he responded

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's"

Last edited:

No, not really. But I think if you REALLY looked in your heart and were honest with yourself you know that Jesus would support using taxes to help the poor. The Old Testament is full of His holding ENTIRE NATIONS responsible for their behavior.

Umm...Jesus was a supply-sider

p02.jpg

p03.jpg

p04.jpg

p05.jpg

Supply Side Jesus

What a lot of people don't understand and you have to go to the OT on this is tithing originally was not for Churches. We were to help the poor, the widow and the sick child and more.

Hell's bells there weren't even churches.:lol: think about it.

And trust me the begats kill ya. You glaze over. Your fingers grow cold holding the Book.

And if you actually study the OT man oh man the Word rocks. And I wish more Christians would read it because I know I started study with the OT because my brain always needs the past to come to the future.

Therefore I needed to learn the OT to get to the NT.

A lot of the OT has you screaming and going "you get God and then you decide Baal is a good idea"?

And you go you've got to be kidding me.

No wonder you ran around in the desert going "hang a left at the pyramid" for 40 freaking years. :lol:But then you have Psalms. King David talking one on one though is awesome.

But one has to get thru it to understand the NT.

Last edited:

Not me.

Ohhhh right. I keep mistaking you for California Girl, but I should have remembered, you're the one on the back of an Album cover. You're famous, you're the one who slept with a million rock stars who considered you their muse and drew inspiration from your beauty!

How could I forget?

No, not really. But I think if you REALLY looked in your heart and were honest with yourself you know that Jesus would support using taxes to help the poor. The Old Testament is full of His holding ENTIRE NATIONS responsible for their behavior.
Liar.

Jesus was about giving from the heart, as a free act...Not having ones substance expropriated from them by force, as though the state could speak for God.

If it's anyone who needs to look into their heart, it's you, blasphemer.

Liar.

Jesus was about giving from the heart, as a free act...Not having ones substance expropriated from them by force, as though the state could speak for God.

If it's anyone who needs to look into their heart, it's you, blasphemer.

What am I lying about? :confused: Haven't you ever read the Old Testament? I have.

Now see there? I asked you to look in your heart and you couldn't do it.

And YOU'RE the liar if you TRULY say that Jesus would be opposed to spending tax money on the poor.

If you can't be honest with yourself then you are truly lost indeed. You need to pray. :eusa_pray:

The Old Testament has nothing to do with Jesus...That's New Testament.

So you're either a liar or a total ignoramus...Take your pick.

Oh, I guess a schizophrenic multiple personality disorder god isn't in the old testament. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit simply didn't exist before the New Testament.

Those were the pre-schizo days!

Forum List

Back