obama is right about the mosque.

because it happened, it doesnt not mean they were allowed

if you are going down that route, Bush allowed 9/11 to happen
and i doubt you want to take it that far

I'll let you take it that far...because that's your ignorant route you chose to take.
9/11 was set up well before the less than 71/2 months Bush was in office.
Blame BOOOOSH!
What was the date of the FIRST WTC bombing?
(You need to google Anwar al-Aulaqi, since you apparently don't know who he is.)
no, that is the route YOU are taking
you want to blame Obama for something he had no control over
same as Bush had no control over 9/11
and no, i dont need to google anyone as that is totally unrelated to what you are claiming

I'll just leave it at this.
Whoever one wishes to blame for past security failures concerning Muslim terrorists, is a shoulda-coulda-would've game.
But, what is to stop a future al-Aulaqi preaching at a 'ground zero' mosque?
Prez. Hussein will OWN that along with any future terrorist acts connected to the proposed mosque.
And, the third and final terrorist act for NYC, could very well be a nuclear one.
But screw future security. Let's all support the opportunity (better word for you than, allow?) for future security failures.

I'll let you take it that far...because that's your ignorant route you chose to take.
9/11 was set up well before the less than 71/2 months Bush was in office.
Blame BOOOOSH!
What was the date of the FIRST WTC bombing?
(You need to google Anwar al-Aulaqi, since you apparently don't know who he is.)
no, that is the route YOU are taking
you want to blame Obama for something he had no control over
same as Bush had no control over 9/11
and no, i dont need to google anyone as that is totally unrelated to what you are claiming

I'll just leave it at this.
Whoever one wishes to blame for past security failures concerning Muslim terrorists, is a shoulda-coulda-would've game.
But, what is to stop a future al-Aulaqi preaching at a 'ground zero' mosque?
Prez. Hussein will OWN that along with any future terrorist acts connected to the proposed mosque.
And, the third and final terrorist act for NYC, could very well be a nuclear one.
But screw future security. Let's all support the opportunity (better word for you than, allow?) for future security failures.
way to jump the shark

Pretty sure different sects are against what mohammad said.30
:32
I understand it well enough to know that when it comes to Islam Osama has the high moral ground. He follows mohammads example.

what that verse means by sects it means groups who do not stick to using the quran and hadith as their guidance. not groups who stick to the quran but have different interpretations.

and what makes you think Osama is the one follow the correct interpretation of Islam? The man is a deviant. majority of islamic scholars will agree.

Last edited:
If you want to know how many Muslims think killing infidels is perfectly OK, you might want see how many hold radical views in general. The 2008 book “Who Speaks for Islam?,” based on a massive Gallup Poll of Muslims, tried to do just that.

It found, for example, that only 7 percent of Muslims felt the 9/11 attacks were completely justified.

When reminded that that amounted to 100 million Muslims worldwide, co-author Dalia Mogahed told U.S. News & World Report that most of those weren’t terrorists but were part of the “cheering section” — and that 6 percent of Americans said they condoned purposely targeting civilians.

Dare to Ask: Do most Muslims consider killing infidels acceptable or even expected? | jacksonville.com

Only 7% eh? Anyone wanna do the math?

it's so rare that i agree with anything from the president of obama, but i have to agre with what he said about the mosque, he has it right. i don't know if there are people who still think that it's a legal issue.
they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighbor, like how the new york time (benedict gazzette), got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
they have every right to build on private property, whatever they like.
is it poor judgement? yes it is. a show of sensitivity would endear the islamic faith, more than would the act of flying in the face of 911, and upseting the bulk of the population.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative

If the Big 0 had included what you say above which I hi-lited in red, he would have been correct. By leaving this part out, he is once again bowing to our enemies.

His statement should have been in line with the old saying that goes along the lines of, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Goodness Gracious! We all know that they have the right to build this thing. I hope that others exercise the same right and build Boobie Bars on either side of it along with a victims of 9/11 kiosk right out front displaying the faces, names and religion of all of the 9/11 terrorists.

The First Amendment is a wonderful thing. I hope that everyone takes full advantage of it.

Ham for everyone!

LOL!!! He's bowing to our enemies?!?! You're TOTALLY clueless. There's NOTHING bin Laden would like better than to have the mosque not be built. It works into the narrative that the West is trying to destroy Islam. Thanks a lot for doing his bidding. Anyone with any sense should realize we need to cultivate the friendship of mainstream Muslims and cut them off from the Islamists. Sheesh!!!

it's so rare that i agree with anything from the president of obama, but i have to agre with what he said about the mosque, he has it right. i don't know if there are people who still think that it's a legal issue.
they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighbor, like how the new york time (benedict gazzette), got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
is it poor judgement? yes it is. a show of sensitivity would endear the islamic faith, more than would the act of flying in the face of 911, and upseting the bulk of the population.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative

If the Big 0 had included what you say above which I hi-lited in red, he would have been correct. By leaving this part out, he is once again bowing to our enemies.

His statement should have been in line with the old saying that goes along the lines of, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Goodness Gracious! We all know that they have the right to build this thing. I hope that others exercise the same right and build Boobie Bars on either side of it along with a victims of 9/11 kiosk right out front displaying the faces, names and religion of all of the 9/11 terrorists.

The First Amendment is a wonderful thing. I hope that everyone takes full advantage of it.

Ham for everyone!

LOL!!! He's bowing to our enemies?!?! You're TOTALLY clueless. There's NOTHING bin Laden would like better than to have the mosque not be built. It works into the narrative that the West is trying to destroy Islam. Thanks a lot for doing his bidding. Anyone with any sense should realize we need to cultivate the friendship of mainstream Muslims and cut them off from the Islamists. Sheesh!!!

WOW.....now there is a different spin on it. sheesh

Ham for everyone!

Why don't you show Bin Laden and convert to Islam? I think my favorite part of your post was, "...we need to cultivate the friendship of mainstream Muslims and cut them off from the Islamists."

If you want to know how many Muslims think killing infidels is perfectly OK, you might want see how many hold radical views in general. The 2008 book “Who Speaks for Islam?,” based on a massive Gallup Poll of Muslims, tried to do just that.

It found, for example, that only 7 percent of Muslims felt the 9/11 attacks were completely justified.

When reminded that that amounted to 100 million Muslims worldwide, co-author Dalia Mogahed told U.S. News & World Report that most of those weren’t terrorists but were part of the “cheering section” — and that 6 percent of Americans said they condoned purposely targeting civilians.

Dare to Ask: Do most Muslims consider killing infidels acceptable or even expected? | jacksonville.com

Percentages are wonderful things...do you remember what percentage of Americans, when asked, said Obama was the Anti-Christ? Anyone want to do the math?

Let me ask some rather vocal Christians on this subject....if you wanted to build a church/shrine near something important and public opinion and the government (despite the Constitutional right) denied you....would that be "teaching you a lesson"? Would that make you change your ways? Would that make you speak out more against the radical aspects of your religion? Would that make you think...golly gee! They were right...we shouldn't build there? Or, would it teach you that apparently, the Constitution really IS just a piece of paper and all that talk of freedom, equality, protection of rights was just a bunch of crap?

Let me ask some rather vocal Christians on this subject....if you wanted to build a church/shrine near something important and public opinion and the government (despite the Constitutional right) denied you....would that be "teaching you a lesson"? Would that make you change your ways? Would that make you speak out more against the radical aspects of your religion? Would that make you think...golly gee! They were right...we shouldn't build there? Or, would it teach you that apparently, the Constitution really IS just a piece of paper and all that talk of freedom, equality, protection of rights was just a bunch of crap?

It would be "different" then. It's ALWAYS "different" then.

Can I get back to you after you find a Christian terrorist group that is protected by the church and funded by the congregation? We would need to place it in a sensitive location as well.

Ham for everyone!

Why don't you show Bin Laden and convert to Islam? I think my favorite part of your post was, "...we need to cultivate the friendship of mainstream Muslims and cut them off from the Islamists."

Why don't you? Your posts are getting kookier and kookier!!! You having trouble with vocabulary or syntax? What don't you understand about trying to drive a wedge between odinary Muslims and the terrorists. I thought you cons were all about "wedge issues"?

Why don't you? Your posts are getting kookier and kookier!!! You having trouble with vocabulary or syntax? What don't you understand about trying to drive a wedge between odinary Muslims and the terrorists. I thought you cons were all about "wedge issues"?

I'm not trying to project here.....but the question needs to be asked.....does a wedge actually have to be driven between the muslims and the terrorists? If not then that prior post was one stupid post.

I understand that is not what you said. Speaking of vocabualry...

Islamist = Is·lam·ism (s-lämzm, z-, sl-, z-)n.
1. An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.
2. The religious faith, principles, or cause of Islam.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Is·lamist adj. & n.
Islamists - definition of Islamists by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Muslim = a believer in or follower of Islam

So... just how are you going to separate a Mulsim from the Islam part?

If you mean extremists say extremists. You didn't kook.

More math on this . . . .

Since it’s unlikely the entire 7% (again, that’s 91 million) of these “political radicals” would actually do anything but grumble amongst themselves about the Great Satan or at most, join Islamic Rage Boy at a flag burning, let’s guess only 7% of them would be willing to perform a terrorist act. That’s 6,370,000 people.

Now lets guess how many would be effective - sticking with the 7%, that’s 445,900 effective terrorists, if the 7% of the 7% of the 7% estimate is accurate.

All of those people aren’t going to have the connections needed to perform a large scale terrorist attack, so take it to the next 7% level. That would be 31,213 political radicals who are willing, can act effectively, and have the connections to conduct a large-scale terrorist attack. All theory, of course. The only number we can be sure of is that 7% in the study who actually admitted their views. But out of 91 million people who believe, I think it’s quite reasonable to conclude that there are 31,000 would would and could act on their beliefs.

Now let’s hand it to the Department of Homeland Security and guess that they monitor 93% of these terrorists in spite of the fact that Congress hinders them for political gain and the media proudly exposes legal, effective, classified programs – the 7% that goes unmonitored is 2,178 people. Is is possible or reasonable to conclude there are 2,100 people in the world with the desire and ability to conduct a major terrorist attack? If the answer is yes, are a mere 2,100 people worth bothering with?

Nineteen took down the WTC and hit the Pentagon. One person with the right chemicals or germs in Grand Central Station could effectively shut down New York for weeks, costing thousands of lives and millions or even billions of dollars.

The “Tiny Percentage” of Radical Islamists ? Pursuing Holiness

they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighborhood, like how the new york times (benedict arnold gazzette) got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try to do it against the will of the people, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative.
actually that captures the direction and sprit of obama's governing style, there's an analogy for you.

Is it provocative to refuse to be driven out soley because of your religion - not because of anything you've done, not because of what you maybe trying to accomplish in interfaith dialogue but soley because of your religion?

No.

Because it has the potential to set a trend and validate the words of certain religious bigots who feel Islam attacked America, not terrorists.

Forum List

Back