obama is right about the mosque.

Why let the ONLY religion that ever attacked America build a religious shrine next door were they coincidentally just slaughtered 3000 Americans? That is really sensitive to us AMERICANS, Obama! What do YOU care about US?
because our constitution prohibits the government from restricting religion
and i'd like to keep it that way

Apparently we can not Pass laws about religion, but it is perfectly ok for the US tax payer to be Paying to rebuild Mosques around the world.

What a fucked up state of affairs this country is in. But that is what you get when you elect a Tiny Minority (the left) to lead you. You end up being ruled instead of led.

Charles Main: you don't actually believe that Thomas Jefferson or his like would allow Islamism suicide attacks in the name of freedom, do ya? Are you kidding?

Charles Main: you don't actually believe that Thomas Jefferson or his like would allow Islamism suicide attacks in the name of freedom, do ya? Are you kidding?
^^^^ STRAWMAN ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please name someone that IS allowing them

I don't think the Constitution allows it's destruction by religious hate or fascism, friend. Not seeing that. Clue me in here. Obama and you are missing the point, bigtime.
so, you'd have no problems with losing that first amendment protections for your church?

THe first amendment does not provide that churches can be built at any location. It's a false premise to claim that if we say we don't need a mosque built at ground zero, we are squashing freedom of religion.

Muslims have freedom of religion in the US. They have many, many mosques, in NYC and elsewhere.

But given their penchant for erecting mosques as a symbol of Islamic superiority and as a celebration of the destruction of their enemies, there is no way a mosque so revoltingly close to ground zero should be allowed to go up. Particularly given the fact that the imam who supports it wrote a book about Islamic dawa :

"A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Dawa in the Heart of America Post 9-11".

That's who is behind this lunacy, and that is what the motivation is...to establish a monument to Islam, to celebrate the eventual conquest of the US and to establish sharia in the most insidious way possible (which is, after all, what dawa is all about).

Rauf’s Dawa from the World Trade Center Rubble - Article - National Review Online

Oh, and in case you didn't know, the people who plan on funding it are members of terror organizations that raise money for Hamas and are considered terrorists by the State Dept.

I don't think the Constitution allows it's destruction by religious hate or fascism, friend. Not seeing that. Clue me in here. Obama and you are missing the point, bigtime.
so, you'd have no problems with losing that first amendment protections for your church?

THe first amendment does not provide that churches can be built at any location. It's a false premise to claim that if we say we don't need a mosque built at ground zero, we are squashing freedom of religion.

Muslims have freedom of religion in the US. They have many, many mosques, in NYC and elsewhere.

But given their penchant for erecting mosques as a symbol of Islamic superiority and as a celebration of the destruction of their enemies, there is no way a mosque so revoltingly close to ground zero should be allowed to go up. Particularly given the fact that the imam who supports it wrote a book about Islamic dawa :

"A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Dawa in the Heart of America Post 9-11".

That's who is behind this lunacy, and that is what the motivation is...to establish a monument to Islam, to celebrate the eventual conquest of the US and to establish sharia in the most insidious way possible (which is, after all, what dawa is all about).

Rauf’s Dawa from the World Trade Center Rubble - Article - National Review Online

Correct, as I pointed out in the other thread there have been many instances of Christian churces being denied building permits due to zoning restrictions.

It is not a constitutional right to build a church wherever you want. How would you like it if someone decided to build a huge church right next door to you?

The meaning of "dawa", for the uninformed, is "stealth jihad".

Rauf's book all about the common ground of the west and Islam was specifically titled ""A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Dawa in the Heart of America Post 9-11" when it was published in Arabic.

Correct, as I pointed out in the other thread there have been many instances of Christian churces being denied building permits due to zoning restrictions.

It is not a constitutional right to build a church wherever you want. How would you like it if someone decided to build a huge church right next door to you?

Exactly. Freedom of religion does not mean you get a building permit to build anything you like, anywhere you like.

Why let the ONLY religion that ever attacked America build a religious shrine next door were they coincidentally just slaughtered 3000 Americans? That is really sensitive to us AMERICANS, Obama! What do YOU care about US?

psst for the millionth time, the first does NOT guarantee you the right to do what you want to do with your property. That includes building a mosque, flawed argument they are making here.

psst for the millionth time, the first does NOT guarantee you the right to do what you want to do with your property. That includes building a mosque, flawed argument they are making here.
granted
but they dont seem to understand that if you want to remove constitutional protections because you dont like one religion, you will remove them for ALL religions

granted
but they dont seem to understand that if you want to remove constitutional protections because you dont like one religion, you will remove them for ALL religions

Absolutely true, I'm just making fun of the goobers who are defending this thing with any argument they can , no matter how little sense it makes. If the first amendment guarantees you can't be prevented from building a mosque then the second amendment guarantees you can build a shooting gallery anywhere you want. Then still others are trying to argue that this isn't even a mosque anyway, when clearly it is, but if it isn't then the first wouldn't' apply even if it DID guarantee you could build a mosque anywhere you wanted.

What's odd is that they DO have an argument that the fifth guarantees the right to do with your property as you please , and that is regardless of use, as long as it doesn't break any laws, and yet none of them are using that argument. of course the reason is that they can make it more emotional with the first than they could with the fifth, just more dishonesty from the left.

Only if muslims act on and support what the scripture says:eusa_naughty:

but it is how you interpret the the Quran. People like Al-Qaida have a very extreme interpretation of the Quran. They follow it literally with no context. Most Muslims do not follow the Quran without context. And a lot of those Al-Qaida members don't even follow the Quran properly some times they make up stuff as they go along.
So as a Muslim you can follow everything the Quran says and be a moderate.

It's just like the bible. If Christians followed it without any context they would be a violent bunch (like the crusades).

since one of the 8 buildings destroyed on 9/11 was a greek orthodox church that hasnt been rebuilt and they are actually holding up the reconstruction of it
and until a few days ago i had never even heard of it nor did i know it had been destroyed

well what is the reason for the church not being rebuilt? it depends on what the reason is. if it's being held up due to licensing or some other technical reason then that's understandable. but if it's being held up because people don't want it there because it's a church then that's something serious.

it's like with this whole mosque thing. if it was being held up for some technical reason then i wouldn't care. but the fact that it's being held because people just don't want a mosque there is wrong.

since one of the 8 buildings destroyed on 9/11 was a greek orthodox church that hasnt been rebuilt and they are actually holding up the reconstruction of it
and until a few days ago i had never even heard of it nor did i know it had been destroyed

well what is the reason for the church not being rebuilt? it depends on what the reason is. if it's being held up due to licensing or some other technical reason then that's understandable. but if it's being held up because people don't want it there because it's a church then that's something serious.

it's like with this whole mosque thing. if it was being held up for some technical reason then i wouldn't care. but the fact that it's being held because people just don't want a mosque there is wrong.
actually, the islamic center has more things holding it up
#1 they dont actually OWN all the property they want to build on
and the church is being held up for stupid port authority reasons

but it is how you interpret the the Quran. People like Al-Qaida have a very extreme interpretation of the Quran. They follow it literally with no context.
You have no proof of this .
The history of Islam is not hidden. Islam is not a mystery It isnt even complicated.
You make thing up as you go along.

but the fact that it's being held because people just don't want a mosque there is wrong.

Nia....what is the REASON that the people in that area dont want a Mosque there?.....if this country was predominantly Muslim,and some Christian Terrorists did the act that happened on 9/11....and then a Christian group said we are going to build a nice big church here.....do you think the Muslims living in that area would be just a little ticked about it?.....and maybe think building it there is not such a good idea?....

but it is how you interpret the the Quran. People like Al-Qaida have a very extreme interpretation of the Quran. They follow it literally with no context.
The history of Islam is not hidden. Islam is not a mystery It isnt even complicated.

i never said it was a mystery but fact of the matter is there are many different interpertations of the Quran not just one single interpertations.

stop using google as your guide to Islam and actually sit down with some Islamic scholars and you will find the various interpertations of the Quran.

i never said it was a mystery but fact of the matter is there are many different interpertations of the Quran not just one single interpertations.

stop using google as your guide to Islam and actually sit down with some Islamic scholars and you will find the various interpertations of the Quran.

I have all of the scripture on my desk.
I dont need a muslim to lie to me to understand Islam.
The Quran is a plain book, Sirat rasul allah is revealing and reflected by Tabari Bukhari muslim malik Dawud are common enough as are various tafsir.

There may be millions of interpretations of the Quran and hadith,
The problem is the muslims who kill are all in agreement on the same interpratation. The Obvious one.The one that tells muslims to kill disbelievers .

BY the way, why would Islam need so many scholars and so many interpretations ?

Last edited:
We have a right just like any other American to build our places of worship where we like just like other people of faith do.

that's what makes people from all over the world come to this nations because of the religious freedom that is here.

To say it is in bad taste to build a mosque - seen as planting a flag on the infidel's hill after murdering thousands of them on it - is an understatement.

Or maybe israel should build a synagogue on the site where Baruch Goldstein shot 29 muslims?

The lack of sensitivity of muslims to others, and the incessant "demanding of their rights", is just nauseating. I fear for the day their are 25-50 million muslims in this country, it will be a disaster.

Forum List

Back