obama is right about the mosque.

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
it's so rare that i agree with anything from the president of obama, but i have to agre with what he said about the mosque, he has it right. i don't know if there are people who still think that it's a legal issue.
they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighborhood, like how the new york times (benedict arnold gazzette) got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
they have every right to build on private property, whatever they like.
is it poor judgement? yes it is. a show of sensitivity would endear the islamic faith, more than would the act of flying in the face of 911, and upseting the bulk of the population.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try to do it against the will of the people, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative.
actually that captures the direction and sprit of obama's governing style, there's an analogy for you.

Last edited:
it's so rare that i agree with anything from the president of obama, but i have to agre with what he said about the mosque, he has it right. i don't know if there are people who still think that it's a legal issue.
they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighbor, like how the new york time (benedict gazzette), got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
is it poor judgement? yes it is. a show of sensitivity would endear the islamic faith, more than would the act of flying in the face of 911, and upseting the bulk of the population.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative

If the Big 0 had included what you say above which I hi-lited in red, he would have been correct. By leaving this part out, he is once again bowing to our enemies.

His statement should have been in line with the old saying that goes along the lines of, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Goodness Gracious! We all know that they have the right to build this thing. I hope that others exercise the same right and build Boobie Bars on either side of it along with a victims of 9/11 kiosk right out front displaying the faces, names and religion of all of the 9/11 terrorists.

The First Amendment is a wonderful thing. I hope that everyone takes full advantage of it.

Ham for everyone!

Last edited:
and other entrepreneur have the right to open a gay bar next to the mosque, and a strip club on the other side. If people have to be soooo tolerant of muslims then muslims should be tolerant of others too!

you know people keep on forgetting that Muslims died on 9/11 too. and there Muslims firefighters on the scene helping people when the twin towers got knocked down. so Muslims suffered on this day as well.

and like many American Muslims like myself I hated what al qaida did on that day. it disgusts me that they thought what they were doing was an act of greatness.

if Christians and Jews are allowed to build their places of worship near ground zero why aren't Muslims allowed to? just because a couple of whack jobs decided to fly planes into the towers does that mean all Muslims are like that?

We have a right just like any other American to build our places of worship where we like just like other people of faith do.

that's what makes people from all over the world come to this nations because of the religious freedom that is here.

you know people keep on forgetting that Muslims died on 9/11 too. and there Muslims firefighters on the scene helping people when the twin towers got knocked down. so Muslims suffered on this day as well.

and like many American Muslims like myself I hated what al qaida did on that day. it disgusts me that they thought what they were doing was an act of greatness.

if Christians and Jews are allowed to build their places of worship near ground zero why aren't Muslims allowed to? just because a couple of whack jobs decided to fly planes into the towers does that mean all Muslims are like that?

We have a right just like any other American to build our places of worship where we like just like other people of faith do.

that's what makes people from all over the world come to this nations because of the religious freedom that is here.

for fucks sake, they can build whatever they want. they are fuckin assholes for doing so though.

for fucks sake, they can build whatever they want. they are fuckin assholes for doing so though.

how are they a-holes for doing so?

people are such hypocrites if this was a church or synagogue we wouldn't even know about it. but since it's a mosque Muslims are being insensitive?

people are such hypocrites if this was a church or synagogue we wouldn't even know about it. but since it's a mosque Muslims are being insensitive?

if cow shit was butter you would not have to churn would you dear? muslims brought down the world trade center, not christians and not jews.

so i guess THAT is what you wanted obama to say to the world?

oh no, not him, he'll dance all around the fact that muslims brought down the world trade center..

so, by that reasoning, no christian church should go up near the oklahoma federal building, because a Christian committed the crime?

Put the Ten Commandments in a courthouse and they will make them remove it.

Why?

Because some people are uncomfortable about a public display of religion. Same is true of a Christmas scene. Yet, a symbol of a faith that attacked America can put a religious display two block away from the site of destruction. All I'm saying is: Be consistent. They are both right, or both wrong.

0bama the ass kisser, gave the speech at a Ramadan dinner. Wonder if he prayed.

Church Destroyed at Ground Zero Is Still at Square One

By CHARLES V. BAGLI
Published: March 18, 2009
The tiny St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church is once again at the forefront of the myriad disputes that plague the rebuilding effort at ground zero.

The fate of the church, a narrow whitewashed building that was crushed in the attack on the World Trade Center, was supposed to have been settled eight months ago, with a tentative agreement in which the church would swap its land for a grander church building on a larger parcel nearby, with a $20 million subsidy from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. This would have allowed work to begin at the south end of the site.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/nyregion/19church.html?_r=1

The church is still being restricted out of business and has not be rebuilt

they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighbor, like how the new york time (benedict gazzette), got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative

If the Big 0 had included what you say above which I hi-lited in red, he would have been correct. By leaving this part out, he is once again bowing to our enemies.

His statement should have been in line with the old saying that goes along the lines of, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Goodness Gracious! We all know that they have the right to build this thing. I hope that others exercise the same right and build Boobie Bars on either side of it along with a victims of 9/11 kiosk right out front displaying the faces, names and religion of all of the 9/11 terrorists.

The First Amendment is a wonderful thing. I hope that everyone takes full advantage of it.

Ham for everyone!

All organised religion is crap. Muzzlems are no more warlike than Christians. We are the most war prone nation in history excluding maybe the Nazis and the Japs of WWII. We have certainly murdered more Mussslems collateraly by far than they have done to us.

The 911 attacks were not carried out by anyone authorised by da muzlims. And if you think that action was cunducted by and condoned by some group representing a foreign gov the blame should go to Saudi Arabia. I don't give a rats azz if Christians are offended by the mosk. They made their bed ...let em lie in it.

if cow shit was butter you would not have to churn would you dear? muslims brought down the world trade center, not christians and not jews.

correction: it was al-qaida who brought those towers down not Muslims. 1.5 billion muslims did not get together to bring those buildings. it was rag tag group of violent loons who decided to do so.

oh no, not him, he'll dance all around the fact that muslims brought down the world trade center..

That's because he's a muslim...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY]YouTube - Obama Admits He Is A Muslim[/ame]

correction: it was al-qaida who brought those towers down not Muslims. 1.5 billion muslims did not get together to bring those buildings. it was rag tag group of violent loons who decided to do so.

al qaida are not muslims?? do tell.

so, by that reasoning, no christian church should go up near the oklahoma federal building, because a Christian committed the crime?

great example. mcveigh's christianity was instrumental to his decision to blow up buildings.

this is a little known fact, but it was the priest at mcveigh's church that convinced him to commit the crime. he said it was god's will that those people should die. it was his duty as a christian to kill those babies.

Well financed by other Muslims and sheltered in mosques.

Forum List

Back