Obama is NOT a Good President. So Why Is He Winning With Independents?

Interestingly enough, you bring up something that demonstrates Liberals being more willing to criticize their own. They overwhelmingly objected to Obama signing NDAA.

Also, you do realize of course that the GOP overwhelmingly supported the NDAA with the senate vote tally being 83 Y, 13 N, 1 Ab, right?
That Romney openly supports it?

That Romney openly supports it
You think I support a mirror image of obama?
Now now... Romney's not a mirror image of Obama. Mind you I'm very very leary of him and don't know how much of an improvement he would be... but at least I do not believe that Romney desires to harm this nation or convert it into Venezuela on the grand scale.
He my not desire harm to America but he does have the same agenda politically as obama. Which will harm America just as much.

The answer to this question is easy to figure out

Good is a relative term.

Relative to the choices we are given, Obama appears to be the best choice out of a field of truly bad choices.

You think I support a mirror image of obama?
Now now... Romney's not a mirror image of Obama. Mind you I'm very very leary of him and don't know how much of an improvement he would be... but at least I do not believe that Romney desires to harm this nation or convert it into Venezuela on the grand scale.
He my not desire harm to America but he does have the same agenda politically as obama. Which will harm America just as much.
I'm not convinced on that either. I just don't think there's enough of a difference between the two. Consider the kind of people he will end up appointing to the bureaucracy and judges. It'd be amazing if he chose as badly as P-BO.

I'm not convinced on that either. I just don't think there's enough of a difference between the two. Consider the kind of people he will end up appointing to the bureaucracy and judges. It'd be amazing if he chose as badly as P-BO.

Let's not forget that he said he would have signed the NDAA as it was written. And he will not make any attempt to repeal obamacare.

I guess Romney could say he would repeal obamacare 24/7 and the democrats would still deny it.

I guess Romney could say he would repeal obamacare 24/7 and the democrats would still deny it.

He says anything and everything he thinks voters might want to hear. Given that, all we can really fall back on is his record. And prior to Obama, he was the most prominent proponent for mandating the purchase of health insurance. It's a hell of a stretch to imagine him leading the charge to repeal it.

This is why he was 'allowed' the nomination. The insurance lobby now has two 'safe' candidates for the presidency. I'm sure they're quite happy with the lineup.

Good is a relative term.

Relative to the choices we are given, Obama appears to be the best choice out of a field of truly bad choices.

You know the really frustrating thing is the level of delusion involved in that statement. That's not a criticism, I've made similar statements myself, but think about. We aren't "given" choices. We can vote for whoever we want. Why don't we?

Good is a relative term.

You know the really frustrating thing is the level of delusion involved in that statement. That's not a criticism, I've made similar statements myself, but think about. We aren't "given" choices. We can vote for whoever we want. Why don't we?

For the same reason I don't quit my job to become a world-traveling archeologist who finds treasure - voting for my friend Tim (whom I think would make a GREAT president!) just wouldn't be very realistic.
That being said, I do have genuine respect for the Ron Paul voters who are going to write him in. Whereas Tim would only have my vote, Ron Paul IS sending a real message.

Forum List

Back